When.....?

miserableoldgit

When is somebody going to do something to get this forum back on track? I have, over the years, spent a lot of (probably too much) time on this place enjoying the cut and thrust of debate, and picking up a great deal of news. Sadly it seems to have been taken over by a number of "characters" who seem to get off by spouting their views as fact and dismissing others as bedwetters, wristslitters, happy clappers or whatever. BS, who is a cross between Eeyore and Marvin the Paranoid Android, GS, Turkish and a few others seem to think that TSW exsists just for their pleasure and if anyone disagrees with them, then they are ridiculed. I realise that I am going to take flack for this, but do you know what - I don't care. I am just sad that what used to be an enjoyable experience has become so rotten.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Variety is the spice of life. I find the people that get so offended by the obvious wind ups as silly as those who do the winding up. But it is just a messageboard to mess about on and although I've only been on it a few years whenever the club pulls off a great result everyone is on board and getting on. It's when there are some negative things that happen when people argue and wind-ups start.

We get one of these threads every quarter it seems.....

Normally when the happy clappy crew run out of excuses cant excuse the inexcusable

These threads similar to "youre a troll" smack of white flag and surrender.

My advice to the happy clappy crew is you dont have to defend everything.... Sometimes people just need time to rant, without being told they are over-reacting and being a troll

If you cant be upset after todays events..... When can you be?

I'd like to know what I've done to upset the OP. I hardly use the expressions he's come out with and whenever I give an opinion alway just dify it even if people don't like it or agree win it. People seem to get very upset when asked to justify theirs though.

I'd like to know what I've done to upset the OP. I hardly use the expressions he's come out with and whenever I give an opinion alway just dify it even if people don't like it or agree win it. People seem to get very upset when asked to justify theirs though.

We all have opinions. All opinions are of value and should be respected. Sadly you are one of a handful on here who seem to think that your opinions are more valuable/important than anyone else's. Part of being a "character" I suppose.

We all have opinions. All opinions are of value and should be respected. Sadly you are one of a handful on here who seem to think that your opinions are more valuable/important than anyone else's. Part of being a "character" I suppose.

I disagree. Opinions are valid if they have substance. What I disagree with is people who spout opinions then scream and cry when asked to justify or explain them. Which is often the case on here. Check my post history, I'll always back my opinion up regardless of if people agree with it or not, don't see why others can't do the same. too often people accuse others of trolling and whinge and complain when they are asked to validate their views. Like now we've got another 'this board used to be so much better' thread. When I asked you when this period was you couldn't or wouldn't answer and resorted to having a go at others being 'characters' mAybe you're the disease and not the cure?

Edited by Turkish

I disagree. Opinions are valid if they have substance. What I disagree with is people who spout opinions then scream and cry when asked to justify or explain them. Which is often the case on here. Check my post history, I'll always back my opinion up regardless of if people agree with it or not, don't see why others can't do the same. too often people accuse others of trolling and whinge and complain when they are asked to validate their views. Like now we've got another 'this board used to be so much better' thread. When I asked you when this period was you couldn't or wouldn't answer and resorted to having a go at others being 'characters' mAybe you're the disease and not the cure?

Firstly, who decides if an opinion has substance? You? The fact of the matter is that I, and I think a lot of others do not frequent, or post on this forum like we used to a few years ago. Ask yourself why this is. No doubt you will come up with some derogatory reasoning concerning happy clapping, wrist slitting, bed wetting or the Cult of Cortese or the inability to back up an opinion. As I said, life is too short.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Firstly, who decides if an opinion has substance? You? The fact of the matter is that I, and I think a lot of others do not frequent, or post on this forum like we used to a few years ago. Ask yourself why this is. No doubt you will come up with some derogatory reasoning concerning happy clapping, wrist slitting, bed wetting or the Cult of Cortese or the inability to back up an opinion. As I said, life is too short.

And there you go again. The only person banging on about this forum not being as good as it was, wrist slitters and bed wetters is you. Posters Come and go, in my time on here there have been good and bad ones. If life is to short why are you starting threads asking for people to sort this forum out and return it to its former glory? People seem to love a good moan and go on about how people don't bother Now so Rather than moaning be proactive and start posting high quality posts and threads yourself. Not difficult is it?

No, no! They are just posting opinions. You are obviously unable to justify yourself.

I've asked you to justify why I deserved a name check in the OP as I never use any of the expressions you've mentioned yet you've come up with nothing so far. My point exactly, whinge, Moan, whinge. Moan about others but contribute nothing positive yourself.

I've asked you to justify why I deserved a name check in the OP as I never use any of the expressions you've mentioned yet you've come up with nothing so far. My point exactly, whinge, Moan, whinge. Moan about others but contribute nothing positive yourself.

This quite ironic. Your post encapsulates everything that annoys me about the "characters" on here. Moan, whinge. Moan about others but contribute nothing positive yourself

This quite ironic. Your post encapsulates everything that annoys me about the "characters" on here. Moan, whinge. Moan about others but contribute nothing positive yourself

Remind me who started a thread asking for people to sort this board out and has moaned throughout it? As I said, why not contribute something positive rather than whinging?

Remind me who started a thread asking for people to sort this board out and has moaned throughout it? As I said, why not contribute something positive rather than whinging?

I started a thread because I am fed up with this forum being taken over by posters wanting to be forum "characters" who tend start threads full of negativity or derail most other thread in a similar manner. I am a novice when it comes to negativity on here.

I started a thread because I am fed up with this forum being taken over by posters wanting to be forum "characters" who tend start threads full of negativity or derail most other thread in a similar manner. I am a novice when it comes to negativity on here.

So starting a thread moaning about the board is positive, yes?

Again it begs the question if that ass your raison de'tre why did I deserve a name check in the OP? Find a negative thread I've started or a thread ice derailed negatively and post the link please, good luck.

So starting a thread moaning about the board is positive, yes?

Again it begs the question if that ass your raison de'tre why did I deserve a name check in the OP? Find a negative thread I've started or a thread ice derailed negatively and post the link please, good luck.

Well strangely enough I think that asking somebody to do something about the malaise that has overtaken this forum in recent years is quite positive. The alternative is to let it carry on its rapid down hill descent without saying anything. Also, if you think that I find out you so important that I am going to waste my time researching your post history, "life is too short".

The old passive aggressive thread after we lose an argument against the realists, as we have not lost in a while this highly unoriginal deflector shield system has not been on show.

So you are a realist, Marvin, while the rest of us are happy clappers living in cloud cuckoo land. Is that it?

You'll find most of the perceived negative posters are not personal and spout vitriol, today I have been abused a number of times and quite frankly if the shoe was on the other foot I would have been banned, its open season by what is seen as the moderate poster and yet the one who airs an opinion on a forum (heaven forbid) is seen as troublesome, the order of the day is to sit back when Saints lose and come on here and kick a person who airs an opinion thereby venting their own frustration and appearing to be the steady ship in the waters.

Nothing new in this technique, its as old as the hills, realpolitik.

So you are a realist, Marvin, while the rest of us are happy clappers living in cloud cuckoo land. Is that it?

I am not going to argue with you as you want that, lets discuss the poor selection, the lack of ambition, the lack of goals and opportunities. Lets not be sidetracked into childish sideshows.

You'll find most of the perceived negative posters are not personal and spout vitriol, today I have been abused a number of times and quite frankly if the shoe was on the other foot I would have been banned, its open season by what is seen as the moderate poster and yet the one who airs an opinion on a forum (heaven forbid) is seen as troublesome, the order of the day is to sit back when Saints lose and come on here and kick a person who airs an opinion thereby venting their own frustration and appearing to be the steady ship in the waters.

Nothing new in this technique, its as old as the hills, realpolitik.

Your problem is that virtually every post that you make on the subject of Saints comes across as being aggressively negative, although I suspect that you are aware of this. Virtually every thread that you contribute to ends up being derailed because of this negativity. This becomes incredibly tiresome, just like Dalek and his Hoddle fetish did. By all means criticise when deserved but praise when deserved also. Its not really difficult. Try it. You never know, you might like it.

Well strangely enough I think that asking somebody to do something about the malaise that has overtaken this forum in recent years is quite positive. The alternative is to let it carry on its rapid down hill descent without saying anything. Also, if you think that I find out you so important that I am going to waste my time researching your post history, "life is too short".

Well don't make a post and criticise individuals based on fantasy then. If you're going to have a go at me at least back it up with facts, I seemed to important enough to you an hour or so ago when you blamed me for the demise of this forum bit not now when I'm defending myself and asking you to prove your claims. Which is exactly one of the points I've made on this thread. State an opinion then complain when asked to back it up.

I am not going to argue with you as you want that, lets discuss the poor selection, the lack of ambition, the lack of goals and opportunities. Lets not be sidetracked into childish sideshows.

I really don't want to argue. I just want to get back to enjoying coming onto this forum again without seeing the usual suspects spreading their negativity as fact and derailing every thread.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

I really don't want to argue. I just want to get back to enjoying coming onto this forum again without seeing the usual suspects spreading their negativity as fact and derailing every thread.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

You don't want to argue yet make an thread openly naming and criticising posters then refuse to back up your accusations with facts? :rolleyes:

Most of you are a bunch of tossers.

It used to be great on here.

Informative,funny,ironic...and most of all everything was up for debate......now,the moronic few appear to rule the roost.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum.....and I'm not going to pay £ for that.

Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't want to argue yet make an thread openly naming and criticising posters then refuse to back up your accusations with facts? :rolleyes:

Are you really that precious? ? If you are, I am really sorry that I upset you.

Edited by miserableoldgit

Are you really that precious?

No, it it's a fair point don't you think? If you felt strongly enough to name check me in your OP and accuse me of ruining the forum, then evidence of the things you accuse me of must be pretty fresh in your mind and not too difficult to find. I've asked you to back up your accusations yet to constantly refuse too saying 'life's too short' come on,it can't be that difficult.

Your problem is that virtually every post that you make on the subject of Saints comes across as being aggressively negative, although I suspect that you are aware of this. Virtually every thread that you contribute to ends up being derailed because of this negativity. This becomes incredibly tiresome, just like Dalek and his Hoddle fetish did. By all means criticise when deserved but praise when deserved also. Its not really difficult. Try it. You never know, you might like it.

You did not see my post after the Hull game? Selective and blind, but again I dont want to argue so simply dont have dialogue with me, have a good evening.

You did not see my post after the Hull game? Selective and blind, but again I dont want to argue so simply dont have dialogue with me, have a good evening.

I try to avoid your posts wherever possible, but if you did actually post something positive, then well done you! See you CAN do it! Incidentally, you started the dialogue with me.

You need to be careful here Barry. A good troll will post positive / non- provocative posts every now and then to throw people off the scent and then refer to these posts when under scrutiny. Now, I know that you're not a troll (obviously) but inadvertently exhibiting a few troll like traits might give people the wrong impression. You also play the 'victim' or 'persecution' card quite a lot which, again, is textbook troll behaviour. So, just something to be wary of. I hate it when people get the wrong impression of you. I'm always here if you need any further advice.

Edited by trousers

Hey, I hardly ever bring the Hoddle debate up any more. It is nearly 10 years since .....oh sorry.

Anyway I have been contributing on this site and its predecessors for about 13 years and it is still the best by a long mile. We need character posters and most of them are harmless. You don't have to reply to people you disagree with. Personal insulting is not on IMO and anyway I reckon that is a sign of weakness.

The ignore button is your friend on this place. I enjoy Turkish posting here, he may have a different opinion from most of us some of the time, but that's a good thing and opens debates that can actually progress somewhere, unlike certain others who form an opinion and do nothing but force it down your throat, usually accompanied by unnecessary emoticons and stupid pictures from Google images (most recently of monkeys).

Current ignore list:

110_Persaint

Barry Sanchez

Glasgow_Saint (who, by the way, added me as a friend within about 2 minutes of me registering)

shurlock (can't quite remember why, but must've got there for a reason)

I find this greatly improves the experience on this forum.