Saints set up web page to leave messages for Jay Rodriguez

Marsdinho

Does he need to be then for people to feel gutted that he's missing the next 6 months and potentially the world cup.

Honestly, does it really matter to you if people leave messages for him.

People can feel gutted but why do they have to broadcast that on this website? If you know him personally then fair enough but I imagine you would talk to him in that scenario.

i wanted to massage jay + it won't let me massage jay :(

i click on massage form + nothing happens it just stares back at me dumbly saying "close panel" but there is no panel! :(

Are you trying to do it from a phone? I had to do it from a laptop as the phone wouldn't work, you also have to log in to Twitter or Facebook I think by clicking one of the buttons up the top.

Just to those saying it's an over-reaction, and that he's not dead. Do you send friends a get well soon card if they are injured/ill, or do you wait for them to die first?. I expect Jay is feeling pretty down at the moment, a load of nice messages from supporters wishing him well is a pretty nice thing to receive.

no i'm on normal computer with chromes, i'm all logged in + stuff but when i click on message form i don't see a message form. I am v.worried bout this, i don't want jay to feel like i don't care!

Same here, I've tried Firefox, IE11 and Chrome, I've tried enabling pop ups etc but I just get the same as you.

It must be a devastating situation sitting around playing ps4 for 6months whilst getting paid 40k a week. I hope it doesn't mentally destroy him.

Yeah, agree. I think the reason why Jay was crying as he went off was that he realised he only has a PS3...

no i'm on normal computer with chromes, i'm all logged in + stuff but when i click on message form i don't see a message form. I am v.worried bout this, i don't want jay to feel like i don't care!

From what Downthe36 says, I guess if you want to massage Jay you have to use your phone with vibrate switched on. That should do the trick, vibrating lap tops are not so useful it ususally indicates the fan needs replacing.

Yes, messages of sympathy/support to let a young player know we're sorry of his bad luck are exactly the same as pseudoscientific redundant prayer ********.

IIRC the pray for becks campaign was successful + becks made miraculous recovery & led england to comparative glory in 2002 world cup finals. Do not underestimate the effect of pseudoscience pls.

Yes, messages of sympathy/support to let a young player know we're sorry of his bad luck are exactly the same as pseudoscientific redundant prayer ********.

So has he not received a load of messages already then? Does he really need a ton of messages saying they feel sympathy for him and are sorry? I'm sure he is already well aware.

I'm sure he may well be upset, but it's pretty much the definition of a first world problem isn't it. I'm quite sure Sam Gallagher has had a slightly worse time recently.

Yep exactly! A footballer has an injury. It's not great for his career but he has a decent chance of being fine in about 9 months and will go back to earning more than the vast majority of people in no time. It's sad for him yes but the way some people carry on its as if he has died.

Yep exactly! A footballer has an injury. It's not great for his career but he has a decent chance of being fine in about 9 months and will go back to earning more than the vast majority of people in no time. It's sad for him yes but the way some people carry on its as if he has died.

I think peeps are being a tad harsh on the purpose of the page on the OS. This was a player who had his heart set on playing in the World Cup Finals in Brazil and who was in with a pretty good shout of making the squad along with some of his Saints FC team mates. That dream has now been shattered, so whilst the messages of support won't heal his ACL, they will provide a crumb of comfort to him. There is a worry that he might not recover to be the player he was before the injury.

The fact he's on more a week than I get in a year is neither here nor there if there is no chance of realising your immediate dream.

i have wrote jay inspiration poem, can someone send to saintsfc pls cos saintsfc seems to have me ignore pls :(

Dear Jay

I'm sorry uv lost ur world cup race

i thought you'd play because ur ace

and like ur knee you'd get a brace

and win world cup for england

i was watching you when you went down

on that bird. lols not really hahaha erm "crown"

I'm sorry if that made you frown

but ur tight bod looked well ripped & brown

do not worry bout rushing back

we can wait for you to play attack

we'll play ramirez even tho he's cack

don't rush urself like michael owen & make urself worse bro srsly that would be well bad

love Brian Earsy xxx RIP

Well you must think your opinion really matters if you are writing on that website!

I haven't, but thought that others might want to.

Seems I was right.

I genuinely feel sorry for you, must feel sh&t to be a member of a forum where 99% of its members think you are a bellend.

Edited by Marsdinho

I'm not personally interested in leaving a message but this can only be a good thing. Its all very well saying he is paid millions but footballers don't think like that, they will just see boredom, pain and frustration. These messages will potentially increase his love for the fans, which could be a factor if one day he is thinking of leaving.

All part of Katharina's vision for a friendlier, harmonious club

Don't think that there's anything wrong with it really, hardly a surprise considering we've got a giant hash tag painted in St Mary's?

I'm pretty gutted about Jay's injury as I'm sure a lot of other people are. Can't say I'll be posting on the site but if that's how people want to show their support then let them crack on.

i have wrote jay inspiration poem, can someone send to saintsfc pls cos saintsfc seems to have me ignore pls :(

Dear Jay

I'm sorry uv lost ur world cup race

i thought you'd play because ur ace

and like ur knee you'd get a brace

and win world cup for england

i was watching you when you went down

on that bird. lols not really hahaha erm "crown"

I'm sorry if that made you frown

but ur tight bod looked well ripped & brown

do not worry bout rushing back

we can wait for you to play attack

we'll play ramirez even tho he's cack

don't rush urself like michael owen & make urself worse bro srsly that would be well bad

love Brian Earsy xxx RIP

*wipes tear from eye*

That was a beautiful dedication, Brian.