How much longer can Stu hold out for before he coughs up a fiver?

TopGun

Baj, **** em if they don't want to cough £5.00 for 12 months entertainment withdraw the three posts a day rule. I have got a sticky on the main board where could I get as many potential people to see it for just £5.00,even for a charity event.

Radio Solent do a free plug for charity and other events on some of the shows. Free-Ads maybe, get the Echo to run a little piece - these would all be £5.00 cheaper than paying £5.00 to advertise it on here. Or, depending on who your target audience is (I don't know as I haven't read whatever it is you're talking about) maybe spend the £5.00 on a ream of paper and some ink and print off some flyers and distribute them to people who might be interested in whatever it is you're doing. All in all, there are probably better ways of reaching people with a message about a charity event than posting it on a football forum.

I would like to know when my details are going to be updated to show that I have paid the £5. I sent a cheque off a couple of weeks ago, but I still can't start up a thread.

Have you tried PMing one of the Directors about it?

Aside from calling us brainless (**** you?) we tried this before an people didnt use it, we keep the forum going because its what the users want.
Hardly. It’s not as if it was pushed in any way at the time. If you purged the muppet show and stopped people DDOS’ing the server during every match, would you need a new server? I’m betting five pounds on no...

Exactly, I rmember when S4E closed, you had people constantly asking for a new forum then again when TMS was introduced (I think from memory) so good work and those that appreciate the hard work you guys do will contribute, those that don't won't. If I were you I would stop andsering the profit questions, I mean seriously, £100 profit, have a few sessions on us!
Yes, good work that the admins were extremely lucky to inherit a large web community after keet threw his rattle out of the pram over amygate. Wow, we’re even luckier the community has now been turned into a limited company. Are you aware just how easy it is to upload forum software to a website, install and configure it.

Oh well, third post, bye :smt039

Yes, good work that the admins were extremely lucky to inherit a large web community after keet threw his rattle out of the pram over amygate. Wow, we’re even luckier the community has now been turned into a limited company. Are you aware just how easy it is to upload forum software to a website, install and configure it.

Oh well, third post, bye :smt039

Well get on and do it if you are that clever and have time on your hands.

How come Keith Legg can run this site for free? But two people with big salaries ( Baj's words, not mine ) can't?

Keith Legg was not even in the computer game as far as I am aware. So surely Stevo and Baj have all the contacts and knowledge to be able to run this without charging? It really isn't that hard to fund the site with minimal advertising if the figures on b-anter are true which Baj stated.

TSF is the only ( that I know of ) football forum on the net which actually charges it's members.

One thing though, if i ever did ( which I won't ) pay my fiver, rather than losing the advertsm, can I instead request that I don't have to read any bullsh!t from Admins or Moderators, demanding respect and thanks for sitting on a PC all day reading threads and the like?

I will stick to my principles and not part with a fiver simply to post on a forum.

How come Keith Legg can run this site for free?

he didnt. he had quite a few hundreds of pounds in donations to keep it going. without them it would have folded long before it did, or he would have dipped into his own pocket. either of which would have been his perrogative as it was his site. as it is steve and baj's perrogative to do what they want to with their site, including charging if they wish. no one is holding a gun to anyones head forcing them to pay if they dont want to

How come Keith Legg can run this site for free? But two people with big salaries ( Baj's words, not mine ) can't?

Keith Legg was not even in the computer game as far as I am aware. So surely Stevo and Baj have all the contacts and knowledge to be able to run this without charging? It really isn't that hard to fund the site with minimal advertising if the figures on b-anter are true which Baj stated.

TSF is the only ( that I know of ) football forum on the net which actually charges it's members.

One thing though, if i ever did ( which I won't ) pay my fiver, rather than losing the advertsm, can I instead request that I don't have to read any bullsh!t from Admins or Moderators, demanding respect and thanks for sitting on a PC all day reading threads and the like?

I will stick to my principles and not part with a fiver simply to post on a forum.

You'll pay

He's weakening.

I myself am delighted not to have adverts clogging up the screen and taking my precious time clicking them off, let alone the extra time they load. £5 is a bargain I might even send another £50 as Im so pleased with it.

Not sure it will be, Essruu is clearly loving the attention he is receiving not to mention the extra traffic on the site.

You just can't go more than a few posts without mentioning me or b-anter, can you? You are truly sad and obsessed, but I am yet to decide whether it's slightly flattering or you're just a mental case.

You just can't go more than a few posts without mentioning me or b-anter, can you? You are truly sad and obsessed, but I am yet to decide whether it's slightly flattering or you're just a mental case.

Coming from the person who has disabled my account (again) rather than choose any other user from here that is also registered to your site - lol.

• 2 months later...

Well, we are into November and I still have been true to my word, it is obvious in that time the quality of the threads on the forum has dropped.

I am still willing to accept an offer of free membership from the admins, if they want the forum restored to its former glory.

How many mugs do we have that have paid up a fiver now then?

Coming from the person who has disabled my account (again) rather than choose any other user from here that is also registered to your site - lol.

You're not alone Jill, he banned me weeks ago too. Serious stuff, B-anter...

I would also like to make it clear that I see no adverts, I thought this was a 'main benefit' of paying the £5?

3 posts is more than enough each day, most of the time I can't find 3 threads interesting enough to respond on.

OK, so I can't post threads, but it is the £5 payer that suffers, as the quality of content on here has gone down as a result. When was the last decent debate on here? No doubt prior the the £5 fee.

I am yet to see if I can comment on the stories on SaintsWeb.co.uk after my 3 post limit, I shall test this in a minute, seeing as this is my last post.

All in all, I am glad I took my stance not to pay the fiver, as months have passed, I am still yet to see any benefit of paying it.

Oh well, see you tommorow. :bye:

What i paid a fiver to stop adverts! ffs.

I'm surprised to hear that there aren't any adverts yet. They must have decided that our fivers were enough to keep the site going.

Seeing as how that was one of the main inducements for people to pay, it does seem a little odd that they've never been brought in.

I'm surprised to hear that there aren't any adverts yet. They must have decided that our fivers were enough to keep the site going.

Seeing as how that was one of the main inducements for people to pay, it does seem a little odd that they've never been brought in.

Adverts are coming, but getting saintsweb site up was our priority.

I paid Bodger and Badger a fiver and they never upgraded me, it's only a fiver, so i've not kicked up a fuss, but my Cat has died now, so i'm lonely and need social interaction, so Badger I paid my money, upgrade my account so I can be friends with the other fiver payeesssssssssssssssssssss.

I have been banned from b-anter as well.

Did it die of an epileptic fit?

If it did, it would undoubtably be a **** cat.

No, I thought i'd attempt to send the first Cat into space, but I set the trajectory of the rocket off wrong and she hit the wall, poor Diana :( she was a rubbish Cat, as she didn't even make it into space.