Why Deppo was banned

Tokyo-Saint

Let's put an end to this now. Deppo was banned due to a disagreement with Baj over a period of time about a number of different posts and nothing to do with me. Hopefully JMike will be along in a minute to verify I have never reported anyone.

This is from the Deppo thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Baj View Post

Deppo had 19 opportunities to understand where the line was to be drawn. Having been banned once (after 10 infractions) and numerous PM exchanges where I told him to wind it in and keep his humour to the appropriate places, he couldnt follow that. Seems to be a tendency by most on here to assume that his standard behaviour was deemed as unacceptable, it was generally fine, it was the 20 occasions where he deliberately de-railed someone elses thread or was abusive to another member for his own amusement that he was infracted for. Having been warned on 20 separate occasions, he's now banned

This is the only reply I'll be posting.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?30618-Deppo/page2

Once Mike confirms, I am sure Ludwig, Norway and Gray Crab will be along to admit they were wrong an apologise. :rolleyes:

Tokyo (Tokes!), the fact that you reported Deppo is nothing to be ashamed of, neither is being threatened by his superior sense of humour. After all, he was a funny poster. Let's just leave it now - it obviously wasn't just your fault - Deppo had numerous infractions as you've highlighted before, but unfortunately you asked for a few of them to be given which contributed to his banning (whether you endlessly complained about him on threads at the time, or directly told the mods via PM/report function is neither here nor there).

You're the new forum funny guy now. I love the way you do the same jokes as Bearsy but in a slightly different way a few minutes after him. It's adorable and occasionally you make people smile with your posts (probably). Deppo's departure has enabled you flourish in that sense. Yes, lots of people are still slightly disappointed that he's gone, but try not to feel too guilty about it.

Check the beef thread, I'm innocent.

Deppo made jokes about the tsunami? No he didnt. But either way, you went moaning to the mods and got him banned. It was insensitive, what he said....according to you. You got upset, reported him and that was that.

No he didn't! Deppo was more than capable of getting himself banned, it was not from Tokyo moaning about him.

My record is clean. Never reported anyone.

Can I come to Hyde Park? I could be the embarassing uncle who smells of wee?

Yes, but please be warned I already have that job at Glasto for the TSW Massive Cider Bus Rendesvous, so best double check you don't recycle the same bad jokes as me.

You know, what is Gaelic for f\/ck? - Golf.

Yeah that's him, and me apparently.

Deppo ‏@DeppoInExile Aug 26

@Stuarchi @SaintsWeb say hello to me on there. I am Tokyo saint.

Deppo ‏@DeppoInExile Aug 26

It is my birthday today, so can all you #SaintsWeb forum members start a thread in the lounge saying 'happy 55th birthday Tokyo Saint' #love

Even Deppo knows his banning was about him and Baj, not me.

Deppo ‏@DeppoInExile Aug 25

#50ThingsAboutMe if it weren't for Boj my life would be complete @SaintsWeb

Still don't let that stop the haters.

Having covered this seminal event from the various bits and bobs of information, I have this to say.

I agree with the mods. Deppo was perfectly capable of getting himself banned. The Tokyo tsunami thread provides a reminder of his posting style, which I've got no problem with, but can see how others might.

Following on from that, it doesn't really seem fair to blame Tokyo for his exit. For example, I could complain to the mods about Colinjb every day from now until eternity, but I'd never get him banned because he's not the sort of poster that produces anything banworthy. My complaints would rightly be thrown out, because there is no basis to complain. A lot of the stuff Deppo posted was on the edge of taste, or over it, depending on your point of view.

That said; I'm not sure that Tokes' "report button defence" is particularly relevant. There are plenty of other ways to express dissatisfaction, and besides all that, I haven't really got a problem with the report button anyway. Occasionally someone will be an utter c**t/bore and needs to be dragged back to their senses. Report button is the clearest way to indicate a problem to the mods.

Still, we return to the crucial question. Did Tokyo get Deppo banned? Nope. Even if all the charges laid at Tokes' door are true, and he's a moustache-twirling little bastard responsible for pushing Deppo off the plank, Deppo greased the plank to begin with.

Considering this sorry affair, I'm reminded of having to deal with my kids talking about a disputed event. Neither give you the whole truth. Tokes' detractors forget to mention Deppo's posting style and likely trajectory. To be fair to Tokyo, I think you can see acknowledgement that he was hot and bothered at the time over on the Beef Tracker thread, but the focus on the report button here yanks that olive branch back a little.

Ultimately, I wonder whether this issue has any relevance other than a stick to beat Tokes with. If it is, it's unnecessary. He provides plenty of questionable material day-to-day, and besides, @deppoinexile says he has at least three accounts on here, including Tokyo Saint.

What have we lost, exactly? :)

Well, as we all know the kind of bullish*t theories that pap tends to believe in, and JustMike is just Boj's monkey and as such a liar as well, it's safe to say that Tokyo Saint was to blame for Deppo's banning. And anyone who believe otherwise, might as well sign up to one of pap's other forums.

Well, as we all know the kind of bullish*t theories that pap tends to believe in, and JustMike is just Boj's monkey and as such a liar as well, it's safe to say that Tokyo Saint was to blame for Deppo's banning. And anyone who believe otherwise, might as well sign up to one of pap's other forums.

Yawn. Me and my conspiracy theories.

I'd be interested to know why JustMike closed the Muppet Show thread. Almost as if he didn't want any more speculation on the subject?

Yawn. You and your conspiracy theories.

Seriously read this thread:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthrea...18-Deppo/page2

Not a single mention of me from Norway or Ludwig. Both Blame Hypo who posts a couple of examples of deppo's infractions. I didn't even really know Deppo to be fair. He was very similar to Crabs now, bit of a knob, slightly amusing, that's about it. I thought he was a **** cause of the Jap thing. To be honest, don't care one way or the other. Pap said I defended the report thing, that was cause that was what I was accused of for a few years. Just yesterday,crabs said that 2 mods told him I reported deppo. Can only play them as they are played. I am sure the mods are always chatting with crabs, wonder why he cares as he only registered last year and of course has never had another login. I don't care about the knob. I didn't report him. I did call him a **** once, that's it. Read the thread, might have been hypo but more than likely it was him arguing with Baj.

Here's Deppo's ban thread.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?30618-Deppo/#.U3aOpE2KBKI

I've read all 12 pages. According to mods then, it was a build up of infractions leading Deppo to get banned twice, and thus permanently. The only time Tokyo is mentioned is when he himself posts, calling Deppo a ****. I appreciate that posts may have been deleted, but this thread seems to back up everything Tokyo is saying. Nothing about insta-bans. The only weird thing seems to be that Baj forgot to ban Deppo permanently on the second ban.

Calling someone a grass is a pretty serious charge. Is there any evidence that elevates this above pure WUMmery?

I've read all 12 pages. According to mods then, it was a build up of infractions leading Deppo to get banned twice, and thus permanently. The only time Tokyo is mentioned is when he himself posts, calling Deppo a ****. I appreciate that posts may have been deleted, but this thread seems to back up everything Tokyo is saying. Nothing about insta-bans. The only weird thing seems to be that Baj forgot to ban Deppo permanently on the second ban.

Calling someone a grass is a pretty serious charge. Is there any evidence that elevates this above pure WUMmery?

Thanks for posting that again, I needed a good laugh.

Two things: wasn't in Dune that complained to the mods and didn't Deppo come back as Grey Crab?

1) Dune used to have a thing about grassing (e.g. was against it), so if that were the case, he'd also be a hypocrite or a liar.

2) Possibly. @deppoinexile claims to have five accounts here. Grey Crab could be one of them. Tried to get him to verify that little snippet ( by posting from each of the accounts ). He got a bit sweary at that point, bless.

Nothing I've seen on that thread backs up the Tokyo killed Deppo theory.

Yep pap, that was dreamed up at least a year after the banning and we'll after that thread was locked. Although I didn't have any time for deppo, I didnt report him and I didn't follow him around insulting him or whatever jawillwill claimed. He had much more 'active' enemies that me, dune being one of them. Hypo hated him as can be seen on that thread, however more importantly so did baj. It's looks like he has his card marked.

Yep pap, that was dreamed up at least a year after the banning and we'll after that thread was locked. Although I didn't have any time for deppo, I didnt report him and I didn't follow him around insulting him or whatever jawillwill claimed. He had much more 'active' enemies that me, dune being one of them. Hypo hated him as can be seen on that thread, however more importantly so did baj. It's looks like he has his card marked.

I didn't hate him, I don't hate anyone on here. I did find him irritating when he went too far. As baj confirmed though I wasn't reporting him either so it must have been others.

I think the first two posts of that thread nail it.

"What's he been banned for this time then?"

Being an unfunny ****. I can understand why Boj doesn't like him.

I think the first two posts of that thread nail it.

"What's he been banned for this time then?"

Being an unfunny ****. I can understand why Boj doesn't like him.

Kadeem Hardison knew what he was talking about!

Baj/stevegrant, surely it's time to forgive and forget? I know Deppo was pretty "relentless with his jokes" but surely that is less worthy of a ban then being relentless with tedious ******** as a few posters are these days (I won't name any names)?

Highlighted for hilarity. All that schmoozing with the roughest toughest gangsters has clearly gone to your head.

Ah, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named returns.

Please continue with your sparkling line of gangster mockery. One small caveat; I PM'ed a couple of posters back in the day when this first came up. That's why only idiots like Barry Sanchez actually tried the "ooh, pap knows gangsters" thing afterwards.

You were saying...

Ah, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named returns.

Please continue with your sparkling line of gangster mockery. One small caveat; I PM'ed a couple of posters back in the day when this first came up. That's why only idiots like Barry Sanchez actually tried the "ooh, pap knows gangsters" thing afterwards.

You were saying...

Oh how lovely. An internet threat.

Is there anything you don't do on the internet?

So what's next? A visit from some bent-nosed, trilby-wearing cartoon-character gangster scarily mumbling: 'I'm besties with pap'?

And you frightened off two posters with a PM, you say...? Yeah right.

Good god, you're an odd one even on a fantasist scale of 10 to 11.

Oh how lovely. An internet threat.

Is there anything you don't do on the internet?

So what's next? A visit from some bent-nosed, trilby-wearing cartoon-character gangster scarily mumbling: 'I'm besties with pap'?

And you frightened off two posters with a PM, you say...? Yeah right.

Good god, you're an odd one even on a fantasist scale of 10 to 11.

If there's anyone fantasising here, it's you. You think the purpose of the PMs was a threat? That's fantastic. I sent the PMs to people who knew the score, just to let them know I wasn't blagging.

So this perceived "threat" that you've made up is nothing of the sort. The purpose of my post was to give you fair warning that progressing down this path leaves you at the mercy of being chief clown in a massive in-joke. So far, you're performing admirably.

Please; carry on. Wear bells this time, Verbalmort :)