First Match of the Season - Fixtures out June 18th

Hatch

I want QPR. Ideally to give Harry a nice welcome back to the promised land. Plus hopefully a good chance at positive start. I want Tottenham jus before January, so if things are looking dodgy we could put the nail in his coffin as Tottenham boss.

Easier fixtures at the start and the end of the season, more difficult fixtures mid season please.

To that end, Burnley at home please.

Burnley gave us a really good game in the cup despite the score and I think they will be stronger than it is assumed.

Considering we are likely to be looking at a new manager and quite possibly a very different looking first 11 an easy game at home would be best. Newly promoted sides are likely to be well up for it so a poor estasblished team at home to get us off to a winning start would be good say West brom or Villa.

Considering we are likely to be looking at a new manager and quite possibly a very different looking first 11 an easy game at home would be best. Newly promoted sides are likely to be well up for it so a poor estasblished team at home to get us off to a winning start would be good say West brom or Villa.

Sunderland? West Ham? Spammers are always a laugh.

Would prefer someone like Citeh or Chelski away for our first game as by the sounds of things we are going to have to field half a new team. So going to take sometime to 'gel'. Better to lose to those teams then those who might end up around us.

That said if we do keep our team together I would love QPR at home so we can welcome Arry back with a mauling.

Burnley gave us a really good game in the cup despite the score and I think they will be stronger than it is assumed.

There'll be no easy games next season IMO, hence why i was careful to say 'easier' not 'easy'. Burnley could be a threat if they keep the players they have and strengthen. Signing Ings if we can would be a wise move if it blunts their attack and enhances our own. He won't come cheap though...

For me, I always prefer to avoid the promoted teams for the first month. The first few weeks of the season they always play with a spring and can throw some odd results in the mix.

I'd prefer to start with a Newcastle/Stoke/Villa style team. Leave the recently promoted sides till October/November time.

• 2 weeks later...