Jay Rod

Viking Warrior

Good to see he is on the mend

and is targetting his return to first team action in december up at turf moor against his old club burnley

he commented on meeting RK and he didnt even mention asking for a transfer . Hurry up back JROD

Rodriguez is looking forward to working under Ronald Koeman when he returns to fitness, having seen the Dutchman take charge at St Mary’s following Mauricio Pochettino’s move to Tottenham Hotspur.

“I met Ronald Koeman very briefly,” added Rodriguez. “He is obviously a legend in the game and played at the very highest level. I am excited about working with him.

“He asked me how the injury was and how I was getting on. It was only a very brief chat but it was nice to be able to meet him.

“I can’t wait to get back training again and working with him and hopefully it will be a good move for Southampton to bring him in.”

Trouble is, JRod will still be out for the first half of the season. With Lambert gone, Lallana probably going, and no one wanting Osvaldo within five miles of SMS, it does make the current strike force look a little, well, thin!

I make the front three Mayuka, Gallagher and McQueen, with, er, Billy Sharp on the bench!!

We need to buy at least three strikers or attacking midfielders over the next six weeks and hope they can work togather. That will be a good test of RK and his team!

he commented on meeting RK and he didnt even mention asking for a transfer . Hurry up back JROD

Strewth, thought that this was going to be about that. But, if I was a club wanting to sign him, I would let Saints do all the rehab, let him play a few games in December-ish to see if the knee was going to hold up, and then take him.

Good to see he is on the mend

and is targetting his return to first team action in december up at turf moor against his old club burnley

Rodriguez is looking forward to working under Ronald Koeman when he returns to fitness, having seen the Dutchman take charge at St Mary’s following Mauricio Pochettino’s move to Tottenham Hotspur.

“I met Ronald Koeman very briefly,” added Rodriguez. “He is obviously a legend in the game and played at the very highest level. I am excited about working with him.

“He asked me how the injury was and how I was getting on. It was only a very brief chat but it was nice to be able to meet him.

I can’t wait to get back training again and working with him and hopefully it will be a good move for Southampton to bring him in.”[/QUOTE]

Lets just hope a few others take notice of Jay Rods statement!

A positive response from JR there, and good to read.

Pity its tucked away in the Lancashire Telegraph. Had there been a hint of dissent over Podge's departure then it would no doubt have been trumpeted by one of the nationals in double quick time.

December...bloody hell

was hoping for around aug/sept

Our attack will need a complete overhaul if we lose Lallana. He, Jay and Rickie were probably responsible for 70% approx of our goals last season so a lot to replace.

Sure we have targets though, the club have known all three situations for a while!

Think he said he doesn't have a clear schedule for getting back but the original estimate of 6 months would mean about October. The Burnley game being December gives him some prospect of having been back for a few weeks by then which allowed the Lancashire Telegraph to run a story with local interest. JRod is quoted as saying he won't have a schedule until he reaches stage 6 of the recovery plan and that is still some way off but it was good to see they have him in the gym, keeping up fitness levels.

Wonder if he's the only player so far to have met the Koemans?

Trouble is, JRod will still be out for the first half of the season. With Lambert gone, Lallana probably going, and no one wanting Osvaldo within five miles of SMS, it does make the current strike force look a little, well, thin!

I make the front three Mayuka, Gallagher and McQueen, with, er, Billy Sharp on the bench!!

one look at Billy in training .....and Koeman will have him on the first train back to Sheffield.

(love ya Bill, but the Prem. is just a bit above the mark right now).

Jay Rodriguez says he's hitting his recovery targets & Pochettino is the best manager he's worked with. All on #SSN tomorarow am @JayRodriguez9

Pochettino is better than nigel adkins, eddie howe, brian laws, and owen coyle. High praise indeed.