NEW Saints shirt - Handwash only

stbhoy

Got the new shirt for my son, it does look smart. However after first wear notice on the washing label it is 30 degree handwash only and preferred method is dryclean.

I really don't think this is appropriate as he will want to wear it playing football.

Another mistake by the board.

Got the new shirt for my son, it does look smart. However after first wear notice on the washing label it is 30 degree handwash only and preferred method is dryclean.

I really don't think this is appropriate as he will want to wear it playing football.

Another mistake by NC, I'd have thought. But nope, let's join in the bandwaggon.

Those Gaza airstrikes, must be the bloody boards fault.

Don't buy it then.....

Just been in to but one, but my money will be staying in my pocket this year. its made of that skin tight material that looks fine on someone with an athletes build, not so good on someone with 25 years drinking experience!

Most washing machines have a hand wash setting nowadays. This is only an issue if you have a 20 year old machine.

So im now expected to shell out £40 or whatever for a non branded top and then £300 for a new washing machine? Is that right? Well, let me tell you mate, that wont be happening. Someone people might be loaded and like to have their prawn sandwiches in their boxes, but im a bit more of an old fashioned fan. Ive been going to football for years and i scrimp and save to get my tickets.......so no....i wont just go out and buy a fancy washing machine because the club and poncy JCLs tell me to.

As it happens, I work in the worlds' biggest washing machine factory, so I am a bit of an expert on the subject.

My tip? Avoid factory work. It sucks out your soul, and replaces it with misery. Oh, and don't buy a machine that Ihave worked on, because I seriously don't give a crap. :)

Edited by Ohio Saint

So im now expected to shell out £40 or whatever for a non branded top and then £300 for a new washing machine? Is that right? Well, let me tell you mate, that wont be happening. Someone people might be loaded and like to have their prawn sandwiches in their boxes, but im a bit more of an old fashioned fan. Ive been going to football for years and i scrimp and save to get my tickets.......so no....i wont just go out and buy a fancy washing machine because the club and poncy JCLs tell me to.

Maybe buy it a size too big so it'll shrink to fit, or actually do as the label says and hand wash it? You know, like a normal person would?

Ha! Reed out! Bloody hell, chill out. It's not a new thing that football shirts are poor quality.

I have not seen the new shirt in the flesh but assume that it is 100% polyester therefore a 40 degree machine wash will do it absolutely no harm.

For safety's sake, wash it separately first time but thereafter you should not have a problem and shrinkage should not be an issue either (do not tumble dry though as heat can kill it !

The only real benefit of these 'oil based' synthetic fibres is there washability, so if that fails then you're left with a rag !

All in my professional opinion, you understand !

I have not seen the new shirt in the flesh but assume that it is 100% polyester therefore a 40 degree machine wash will do it absolutely no harm.

For safety's sake, wash it separately first time but thereafter you should not have a problem and shrinkage should not be an issue either (do not tumble dry though as heat can kill it !

The only real benefit of these 'oil based' synthetic fibres is there washability, so if that fails then you're left with a rag !

All in my professional opinion, you understand !

and thanks to our resident Widow Twànky for this excellent advice.

I remember watching football in the late 80's/ early nineties. Bit of banter, beer before the game, cop some abuse from away fans, police treating you like cattle...me and my mate watched Saints v Oldham at the Dell once with about 11,000 others. The rain was falling sideways. We were ****. We lost. We moaned about it for a bit, then got drunk in The Old Oriental & never spoke of it again. Today some blokes got the hump because our new shirt is handwash. Somewhere in the distance a cow moos. How did it come to this?

I remember watching football in the late 80's/ early nineties. Bit of banter, beer before the game, cop some abuse from away fans, police treating you like cattle...me and my mate watched Saints v Oldham at the Dell once with about 11,000 others. The rain was falling sideways. We were ****. We lost. We moaned about it for a bit, then got drunk in The Old Oriental & never spoke of it again. Today some blokes got the hump because our new shirt is handwash. Somewhere in the distance a cow moos. How did it come to this?

Nice story, but how did you wash your shirt? Handwash? Machine setting? Stereotypical Chinese guy with a pointy hat and slitty eyes?

LOL

Welcome to modern football, Champions League, Sky, video replays, Internet forums who says nothing changes for the better? ;)