Streams for the new season

Goatboy

Does anyone use XBMC for streams?

I've tried this last couple of weeks using a Linux media box with Gotham 13.2 and I have to say my experience has been frustrating.

My previous solution was Bloodzeed via acestream running on my laptop connected via hdmi to my tv. I'm not unfamiliar with p2p streaming. This can sometimes be flakey but on the whole last year I watched all the games I wanted to.

However, the xbmc solutions I have used so far have left me disappointed. I've been using p2p-streams which when they work are great. Trouble is they are flakey and constantly buffer or kick me out. I've tried all the settings recommended on the acestream website and I've port forwarded port 8621. My media player has a reserved ip as well so I think I've got it set up fine.

The other options I have tried on xbmc are the usual ones such as wizwig and a few others that I've browsed and found but never got working and more importantly can never remember how I found them :-)

Frustrating all in all which is why I have purchased a 6 month pass to sportsnationhd.

It's a shame really as other facets of the xbmc experiencea be been good. My boy loves Cartoon Network and whilst I can stream the channel with a little fiddling around I have found the two shows he loves in full season form so he can play them anyway. Similarly my wife enjoys a couple of shows which are also available to stream usually from ice films.

So impressed with this side of things that I've binned my virgin tv and gone for this plus free view as a cheaper monthly option.

I'm happy to hear others thoughts on football on xbmc tho. Otherwise I might go and pick up a chromecast to stream my sportsnationhd from my laptop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep I use it with my offside streams login but there is a very decent and extensive free sports streaming add on. Its called SportsDevil and it has hundreds /thousands of sports channels in varying quality from loads of sources. For a free solution its one I definitely recommend checking out.

To know which channels Saints are on, take a look at this thread (you may need to sign up to the forum for free - I can't remember) http://www.xunitytalk.com/showthread.php?1837-Channels-for-Football-Tonight

It gets uprated daily by one of the admins at OffsideStreams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah yes sportsdevil that's the app I get lost in on xbmc. The varying quality is defiantly its drawback. I spend ages in that app trying things out.

I love the idea of streaming HD quality to take advantage of my fibre cable :-)

I can find crappy streams easily enough but getting those HD streams is the challenge for me.

For anyone using Sports Nation HD they have changed domains, its now Sportsnationhd.tv

I thought id have to sign up again and stuff but you dont have to all you need to do is go to that address and do the usual login and password etc and the saints game is on channel 4 on this page if anyone needs it: http://sportsnationhd.tv/view.php?pg=streams just thought id let you know, i might sign up to the plp as well as a backup but really happy with sports nation right now, you get more than you pay for thats for sure but with plp i just hope i dont get the dreaded email of doom lol, what happens if you pay and they catch you do they refund you?

Ah yes sportsdevil that's the app I get lost in on xbmc. The varying quality is defiantly its drawback. I spend ages in that app trying things out.

I can find crappy streams easily enough but getting those HD streams is the challenge for me.

Not had much luck understanding XBMC Although I hear from others there are great quality playlists about.

For Quality I find the SimpleTV streams the best, and the latest version I posted has some really great Sports channels which no buffering or breaks in performance.

Chromecast works perfectly with your Mac setup, or any PC running Chrome Browser. (But not on iOS or Android, or WinPhone.

All the post-firstrow (free) sites also work brilliantly from a super cheap Chromebook via Chromecast. (and unlike other options on here with installs and disabling pop-ups etc, it runs BETTER with ad-blocker turned on).

If you can pay for an HD web stream and like/trust it on your chrome browser, then it will stream to a Chromecast (£30 solution) and therefore any TV or screen you have. As a bonus, the Chromecast upscales a lesser steam (say 640x480) to HD really well.

Not sure I entirely get the point of paying huge fees plus all these .net framework local installs and location proxies and emails registered in Turkmenistan and stuff?! I s'pose if you get a solid HD stream easily every time it is worth it, but do you? Seems a lot of setup and potential heartache/money loss when a half minute's faffing before a match will get you near HD for free!

It downloads in 1 minute as extracts ready for use just as fast. As said in Post # 214 and #220 you require Videolan Player in default location.

Normally all the Premier League matches are shown on ILIVE. You can download as a backup other free programs to obtain ILIVE channels on Page 1 First post on the Borg TV thread. All are simple to download, install and operate and have the same requirements as The HIVE.

Recommended

iLive & iGuide.to VLC (Application) Use to copy an URL to play a stream

iLive.to VLC Gives an updated playlist of ILIVE channels to select from. Opens in Videolan

Download link. http://www.mediafire.com/download/oq7iqulcc8qpalz/iLive.to+VLC.rar

Has all the SKYSPORTS. and all Premier League games, Films, Programs and many channels. ***Don't forget to give Firewall access.

*** Elsewhere I believe "Media Player Encountered An Error!" at the bottom appears when the stream is not available as when the channel is offline. I'll check with the inventor to see if there is any other reason.

Okay, first time I am streaming a match this season (!) and I am going to give one of these (IMHO, slightly old-school and long winded) installs a go. Have a bit of time and a decent machine to try it out on.

As I say, I am not convinced its worth the hassle unless its a proper HD stream. I hope it is and I thank Art et al for the links etc. I will let you all know how I get on; i.e ease and quality.

UTS.

For Quality I find the SimpleTV streams the best, and the latest version I posted has some really great Sports channels which no buffering or breaks in performance.

Hi Art, this SimpleTV potentially looks good, Got it downloaded, menus and TV window but keep getting "Cant find engine Exec file".

Thanks

Alan

Hi Art, this SimpleTV potentially looks good, Got it downloaded, menus and TV window but keep getting "Cant find engine Exec file".

Thanks

Alan

The Error message was dealt at Wiziwig and it seems it's the program one uses to UNZIP/EXTRACT that is the cause. Trying using 7Zip instead of WinZar or Winzip which is free and can be downloaded at Filehippo. Should work no problem after.

Just DELETE the extracted folder and then re extract using 7ZIP. Download http://www.filehippo.com/download_7zip_32 USE DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK

Edited by ART

Right. I have spent the entire first half of QPR v STOKE trying to get the HIVE /live.to / VLC combo to work decently.

IT IS SH!TE.

Sorry Guys, but I AM CLEARLY MISSING SOMETHING HERE. What it is it? Cannot find an HD stream of the game (practicing with qprvstoke) at all, searching forums and a copying URLs and stuff? What the?

Help?

EDIT: okay, I cant get a decent version of NBC Sports in HD, but only on the HIVE player... ...not showing on VLC, so I cant push it out full screen to my TV. Just watching on a laptop. Hmmm.

EDIT2: the iLive.to VLC player is nice bit of kit and is properly installed, but the URL will not play in VLC, looks fine in the Broswer and I can then stream. Still no better quality though and a lot of faffing. - I AM TRYING to make this work, I want it to, but so far, its all a bit of a bind. WIll try iGuide to VLC next...

EDIT3...nah, naff. This is like going back in time to using Sopcast! Lets try SimpleTV.

EDIT4... ...SimpleTV is anything but!

Not sure why the extraction program used (given that the download is a self-extracable) is at fault for not finding the executable ? but hey. I am clearly not getting the whole point of this mucking about anyway, and I deal with enough programming debugging in my work life so cant be arsed to 'play' at it. Anyway. Next bet is to see what SportsNation is offering on this test game.

Edited by Polaroid Saint

Right. I have spent the entire first half of QPR v STOKE trying to get the HIVE /live.to / VLC combo to work decently.

IT IS SH!TE.

Sorry Guys, but I AM CLEARLY MISSING SOMETHING HERE. What it is it? Cannot find an HD stream of the game (practicing with qprvstoke) at all, searching forums and a copying URLs and stuff? What the?

Help?

EDIT: okay, I cant get a decent version of NBC Sports in HD, but only on the HIVE player... ...not showing on VLC, so I cant push it out full screen to my TV. Just watching on a laptop. Hmmm.

EDIT2: the iLive.to VLC player is nice bit of kit and is properly installed, but the URL will not play in VLC, looks fine in the Broswer and I can then stream. Still no better quality though and a lot of faffing. - I AM TRYING to make this work, I want it to, but so far, its all a bit of a bind. WIll try iGuide to VLC next...

I'm having no problems. Have you tried the Ilive playlist in Hive? It has all the football links for today. Some streams take a minute or two to load but once they do they are settled.

Check the compatibility by right clicking the HIVE.EXE file and trying alternative versions of Windows. Eg Win XP Service Pack 3. Don't forget to click on Apply

Have you given Firewall access to Hive.exe

Have you any blocking from your Anti virus?

To get fullsreen, double click on the screen.

I'm finding SimpleTV channels working excellently but don't know yet what channel Saints are on.

IT IS SH!TE.

Help?

EDIT3...nah, naff. This is like going back in time to using Sopcast! Lets try SimpleTV.

SportsnationHD- watching qpr vs stoke live, in hd.

Well worth it

saints game will be on soon! coyr :)

I'm having no problems. Have you tried the Ilive playlist in Hive? It has all the football links for today. Some streams take a minute or two to load but once they do they are settled.

Check the compatibility by right clicking the HIVE.EXE file and trying alternative versions of Windows. Eg Win XP Service Pack 3. Don't forget to click on Apply

I'm finding SimpleTV channels working excellently but don't know yet what channel Saints are on.

I am currently downloading Simple TV, should take about 20mins. Plenty of options for todays game!

Cheers ART!

I know I am coming across like a right moany git, thanks for your patience!

HIVE itself is working fine and I can watch full screen on the laptop, however I would like to watch on my TV (my laptop is a 13.3" screen). Hence wanting to push the stream to VLC so I can 'cast' it. I'll try and clarify where I am coming from; I cannot easily find the channel I want to watch ( I am using the Xunity list to find channel details and then scrolling to find the right one, for example for the QPR match I have this advice:

12:45 QPR vs Stoke City - beIN1, beIN11, BT Sport 1, SportsNet Ontario, SportsNet World, NBC Sports

So I can scroll down the list in HIVE and find NBC Sports HD - works fine and I can go full screen. I guess I could find a cable to attach to my TV, which is no great shakes I guess, but I would prefer to mirror or cast.

Also, so far, none of these streams are full HD.

I will give SimpleTV another shot at installing (I'll mainly extract from the exe and try again), but SportsNationHD is looking the best bet at the moment... ...running out of time before kickoff!

thanks again!

Channels showing Saints

International

Comments

Swansea City vs Southampton International Coverage

Andorra Canal+ Yomvi

Argentina DIRECTV Argentina

Brunei Astro On The Go

Cambodia CTH Cable Thai Holdings

Canada TSN GO, TSN1

Chile DIRECTV Chile

China QQ Sports Live, PPLive

Colombia DIRECTV Colombia

Croatia Sportklub 6 Croatia

Cyprus LTV Sports 2, Cytavision Sports+2

Ecuador DIRECTV Ecuador

Indonesia Nex Entertainment, beIN Sports 1 HD

International TalkSport Radio World

Korea Republic SBS ESPN Korea

Laos CTH Cable Thai Holdings

Malaysia Astro On The Go, Astro SuperSport HD, Astro Supersport

Malta Go Sports 5

New Zealand PremierLeaguePass

Nigeria SuperSport 7 Nigeria

Peru DIRECTV Peru

Philippines beIN Sports 1 HD, PremierLeaguePass

Puerto Rico DIRECTV Puerto Rico

Serbia Sportklub 6 Serbia

Singapore 103 (HD) mio Stadium

South Africa SuperSport 7, SuperSport Internet 7

Spain Canal+ Yomvi, Gol Stadium

Taiwan PremierLeaguePass

Thailand CTH Cable Thai Holdings

United Kingdom Absolute Radio

United States NBC Sports Live Extra, Premier League Extra Time

Uruguay DIRECTV Uruguay

Venezuela DIRECTV Venezuela

SUMMARY:

EFFORT 1:

Spent nearly the entire game (QPR v Stoke) trying various different installs and work arounds, all sorts of clever bits of streaming P2P software. Got one decent HD stream from NBCSports on HIVE. My Russian has been put to the test and I have visited plenty of forums to find potentially useful info but a lot of guff has been sorted through too. None of this was "out-puttable" to my HDTV Screen without a cable. Total Time Spent: 90Minutes. Assurances I can get a Sainst stream - None at this stage with twenty minutes to kick off.

EFFORT 2:

logged onto SportsNationHD with a really old user account, (requested PW reset), paid £3 ish for a week subs via paypal, was watching an HD stream via Chromecast on my HDTV in no time at all.

Total time spent: 3 minutes. Saints Stream? Yes, next match on list.

So, err, yeah, there you go.

I use XBMC, but it does cost for a decent solution. I got fed up with Sports Devil.

Offside Streams costs £10.99 a month and offers HD streams for a lot of matches. However, it also offers loads of other channels inc Sky Movies. I pay another £2pm for Ontapp.TV and link the two so I have a nice EPG for Offside Streams. There are other free addons I can link into Ontapp.TV as well such as FTV, Cliq, NaviX, TV Catchup, etc.

End result is all the sport/movies I want plus all the usual cable TV channels, in a nice EPG, for £13pm. Massive savings compared to what I'd pay Sky.

You do have to accept that it sometimes drops out, or stutters, as it's playing via the Internet at the end of the day.

So far, I'm very happy with this.

I use XBMC, but it does cost for a decent solution. I got fed up with Sports Devil.

Offside Streams costs £10.99 a month and offers HD streams for a lot of matches. However, it also offers loads of other channels inc Sky Movies. I pay another £2pm for Ontapp.TV and link the two so I have a nice EPG for Offside Streams. There are other free addons I can link into Ontapp.TV as well such as FTV, Cliq, NaviX, TV Catchup, etc.

End result is all the sport/movies I want plus all the usual cable TV channels, in a nice EPG, for £13pm. Massive savings compared to what I'd pay Sky.

You do have to accept that it sometimes drops out, or stutters, as it's playing via the Internet at the end of the day.

I've been looking at Ontapp.tv. Any Good? Recommend it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sports Nation HD was the best bet today. Froze a couple of times, but the picture was superb.

Echo that. Have been totally frustrated of late but sportsnationhd has restored my faith a little in the not-totally-legit world of online footy streaming.

It did freeze a couple of times but a quick page refresh and click of the channel for the saints game had me back up and running.

Decent quality hooked up to my tv. No fuss. Works as it should.

Recommended.

Is the oss package region-free or geoblocked? Would you need to use a VPN to locate in a particular country?

On tuesday I signed up and used sportsebooks.eu

The streams on there are the best I have seen on the net, the HD for the Arsenal game was actually HD.

It's paid but only £7 for 60 days.

The site is shutting its doors in 2 weeks for good & only opens up again on occasion to allow new members.

http://www.sportsebooks.eu/membersarea/xbmc.php

Coupon code

39D7495C (20% off)

On tuesday I signed up and used sportsebooks.eu

The streams on there are the best I have seen on the net, the HD for the Arsenal game was actually HD.

It's paid but only £7 for 60 days.

The site is shutting its doors in 2 weeks for good & only opens up again on occasion to allow new members.

http://www.sportsebooks.eu/membersarea/xbmc.php

Coupon code

39D7495C (20% off)

Thanks, just looked into it, only problem is the saints game against QPR isnt showing on there from what i can see anyway this saturday,

He adds more games as the week goes on mate.

Cool i'll check back there later when im home, The ryder cup stream isn't that good of quality if i'm honest but i'm on the the look out for a backup for Sportsnationhd.tv as thats my main site so looking for another one also so ill see if the stream improves with the ryder cup

I watch the games on http://www.saintsfcstreams.com i found it like 2 days ago, the Arsenal game was good quality, so if anyone wants it,

This site looks really cool they already have the game up ready for the stuffing we are going to hand to QPR Saturday!! Gonna try this out for sure! The sample looks a really good picture, i'll check it out and let everyone know,

Thanks to TUS I've installed XBMC and finally understand how to use it. Really impressed and well worth leaning how to get the best out of it. I find the streams more stable and the quality somewhat better. Not interested in paying addons and services. There are more than enough good links and streams without paying spivs who charge for what is free elsewhere. One just has to find where they get their source links from.

Nowadays anyone can pay a subscription then use one of the many free servers to stream the channels out to others. Other clubs supporters are doing just that with TV and Radio commentaries. Best when they are streamed by someone overseas or through a VPN tunnel

I've been using Astrill VPN for which I pay about USD 55 per year for VPN/Proxy access to 86 countries, meaning you can access each countries online TV channels including NBC Sports Extratime.

For those wishing to install and learn XBMC here's a link to an easy tuition and a download for a daily playlist of free channels.

http://www.xbmcil.com/

I watch the games on http://www.saintsfcstreams.com i found it like 2 days ago, the Arsenal game was good quality, so if anyone wants it,

I did a an online Virus Total and IP scan and the results are clean. I'll check it out for tomorrow.

Anyone wishing to do free scans of links or downloads by over 50 antivirus scanners can do so @ VIRUSTOTAL https://www.virustotal.com/en-gb/

My question is that you must be experiencing problems previously to keep telling about different ways to stream as surely no point changing if working fine? Appreciate the info although last season couldn't get your instructions to work.

If that post is addressed to myself, I have been involved in online streaming and TV since 2002. I spend 80% of my time doing research and testing software, streams and streaming websites. For a long while I worked closely with D_M_W at MyP2P and Wiziwig. Sadly he passed away last year and it is a big reason the free streaming community has struggled for sometime.

However I belong to several private forums where the best people involved in sourcing streams co-operation. Not all are interested in sports or football as was D_M_W so I've mainly worked on SimpleTV of late.

I believe in free streaming and co-operating and sharing and try my best to post working and quality streams. Being in France some link work well over here but not in the UK or States and of course vice versa.

Cool i'll check back there later when im home, The ryder cup stream isn't that good of quality if i'm honest but i'm on the the look out for a backup for Sportsnationhd.tv as thats my main site so looking for another one also so ill see if the stream improves with the ryder cup

This site looks really cool they already have the game up ready for the stuffing we are going to hand to QPR Saturday!! Gonna try this out for sure! The sample looks a really good picture, i'll check it out and let everyone know,

d975c283cb1532d9eb1be30ee01b6470.jpg

Good thing about it is the compatability with iphone/android & just on your laptop.

Above screenshot is me running it on Samsung galaxy.

I did a an online Virus Total and IP scan and the results are clean. I'll check it out for tomorrow.

Anyone wishing to do free scans of links or downloads by over 50 antivirus scanners can do so @ VIRUSTOTAL https://www.virustotal.com/en-gb/

What a cool idea, I just did a scan of sportsnationhd.tv and that came back clean as well, i'll try a few more and let everyone know which is safe and which ones are not. I saw ur comment below and i find it fasinating im not very good at streaming, in fact i can barely press play lol but i like to learn new stuff so looking at it.

I went ahead and looked at that saintsfcstreams.com website and heres a screenshot of there current stream:

2poytc1.png

Looks good to me, I've had it on about 20 minutes and hasn't stopped once.

I've registered but it won't let me view the stream page. Keeps saying error, don't have permission to access this page. I never received a confirmation email or anything. Anyone else had this problem? Am I just being a dunce?

I've registered but it won't let me view the stream page. Keeps saying error, don't have permission to access this page. I never received a confirmation email or anything. Anyone else had this problem? Am I just being a dunce?

It's the same with me. Seems you have to pay to view the streams too. With no confirmation email steer well clear.

steer well clear?? ive just gone on to the site and someone asked on the chat about the problem im guessing it was Saxon, actually yes it was, and they fixed it for saxon, so just cause theres no confirmation email u tell people to steer well clear, seems a bit harsh to me, looks the most basic easiest site ive seen around anyway, i see they have paid streams but also have a free one for the qpr game, dont be so negative!

It's the same with me. Seems you have to pay to view the streams too. With no confirmation email steer well clear.

No it works for me now. I messaged the guy on the chat and he did something and now the video link appears. You don't get confirmation emails he said, they turned that off. So just ask in the chat, I think they just have to set it up for you maybe??

I'll let people know if it worked for the game later (should have one more post left, or you guys can try) but it seems legit so far. The sample stream looks good quality so fingers crossed for the game.