Would you BOYCOTT? Ways to get rid of Lowe and the board

Wes Tender

How would you boycott?  

418 members have voted

1. 1. How would you boycott?

• I won't boycott a game but would give Lowe a torrent of abuse for the whole game
    • I would boycott a whole game if the fans were in agreement
    • I would boycott the first half of a game if the fans were in agreement
    • I would boycott the 2nd half of a game if the fans were in agreement
    • No, I would not boycott or abuse people, regardless

Nothing is being dismissed out of hand, but I still don't believe it's totally representative of all fans. As per another thread on this forum, there were many happy fans at St.Marys for the last home game, all supporting the team and cheering them on. These are the people who just want to watch their football team play. The vast majority of these people will join in chants and will say what you want to hear, but when push comes to shove they will still be sat in their normal seat when those who are boycotting are marching up and down outside the exec's office window.

But in any case, the fact still remains that even if 60% (current figure in favour as per poll) of Saints fans vote yes they would boycott, it's extremely unlikely that you'll get those 9000+* people to not go to watch the football on a Saturday when their team is playing at home.

As I've stated before, I'd be happy to be proven wrong and have even said I'll put my money on the table should it happen. But take the emotion out of this and realism says it's not going to happen.

We're not in the playground anymore where name-calling and mob-mentality gets results. We're talking business and shareholders now where votes and politics win or lose battles. Focus the combined efforts of everybody interested into that area and we may get somewhere, but it wont be easy.

(* assuming 15'000 supporters each home game)

How about the opposite to a boycott?

Turn up to an asssigned game and everyone who was boycotting has a sign saying something along the lines of i would be here supporting if it wasnt for Lowe!

Use the chapel to add banners etc as there is space in the corners, followed by an sit in protest after the game?

This way the team / players get the support during the game and your anger is directed where we want it to and not hurting club (as nobody who supports Saints wants that) infact it would be benifiting it by the attendace but would show Barclays etc what the feeling is towards Lowe etc.

I expect this to be shot down but its an idea!

That's the sort of idea that would work well. Also, if you could get the Echo to print and distribute with every copy a Lowe Out sign and also have a bucket load of them printed and handed out for free outside of the stadium, you'd find that more people will join in. The sort of person who is just there to watch Saints play are more likely to wave around a Lowe Out banner than they are to boycott a game. For those who care it's a clear message to Lowe. For those who don't care it's a bit of fun to join in with. Either way, it looks good.

Do this for a game that's on TV, get some good chants going and it would be impossible for the cameras and commentators to ignore. You may even find the support for the players on the pitch improves are people are so lively and up for making noise!

Stewards at the last home game were instructed to remove any inflammatory banners, so you have to be careful. But a simple Lowe Out would do the trick.

Turn up to an asssigned game and everyone who was boycotting has a sign saying something along the lines of i would be here supporting if it wasnt for Lowe!

Use the chapel to add banners etc as there is space in the corners, followed by an sit in protest after the game?

This way the team / players get the support during the game and your anger is directed where we want it to and not hurting club (as nobody who supports Saints wants that) infact it would be benifiting it by the attendace but would show Barclays etc what the feeling is towards Lowe etc.

Not a bad idea, but it has one flaw. It's a damn sight easier to get people to save their money than part with it, especially when the ones already staying away are doing so because it isn't worth the cash to go.

Not a bad idea, but it has one flaw. It's a damn sight easier to get people to save their money than part with it, especially when the ones already staying away are doing so because it isn't worth the cash to go.

I think the phrase is put up or shut up and see what people really think then?!

Total and utter rubbish. You have absolutely no basis for believing that this poll is unrepresentative of the wider feelings outside of this forum.

The difference between now and then is that before the club had parachute money to support it, whereas now the money from the gate receipts is virtually the only source of revenue apart from player sales.

As a result, a mass boycott would have Lowe and the current board gone within days. Even if Lowe was obstinate, either his cronies would tell him the game was up, or else the bank would. Simple.

And it isn't the morale of the story; it is the moral. Which even then was incorrect, as I've already said that the mass boycott is a practical alternative.

We have other forms of revenue like sponsorship deals, board advertising, championship prize money, TV revenue from live games and highlight packages and other merchandising products, plus you will never get a mass boycott as there will be a large element who support Lowe or go to support the team and don't want to get entangled with the politics of the club. So a mass boycott would not be as mass as you think and Lowe and his cronies would not been gone in days. The last sentence is in my opinion only.

Could we wear a black tshirt / coat /jumper to the man u game as it is on tv to symbolise the death of out football club???

Trouble is, you'd look like most other football crowds in the winter when it's 0degrees outside!

Loud and proud gets attention!

Trouble is, you'd look like most other football crowds in the winter when it's 0degrees outside!

Loud and proud gets attention!

Problem then is Lowe is so ignorant he would think that the masses have come in their colours again, so it is only the minority of fans that is the problem. It is a difficult one and needs some quick thought. Having thought about it is a protest like this a good idea for the Man U game bearing in mind for a lot of the crowd it will only be their second game of the season!!!!!

May be banners and chants are the most effective for this one???

How about going to a game to get lowe out. I know this sounds mad but just hear me out. I want lowe gone as much as anyone else but boycotting a single game or shouting abuse at him will never work. So how about saying to the board, we want lowe gone, if he wasn't here then this is the support you would get & the extra revenue that could be gained, then all turn up for at a pre-arranged game, we could all even leave at some point, a sort of mass exsodus to exaggerate the point, although i'm not in favour of this as it could/would effect the players. If lowe speaks the truth about wanting the best for the club, then he'll go. OK Ok i know it's not very likely but hey, i think it's a way to give the board a positive message rather than the usual clap crap.

How about going to a game to get lowe out. I know this sounds mad but just hear me out. I want lowe gone as much as anyone else but boycotting a single game or shouting abuse at him will never work. So how about saying to the board, we want lowe gone, if he wasn't here then this is the support you would get & the extra revenue that could be gained, then all turn up for at a pre-arranged game, we could all even leave at some point, a sort of mass exsodus to exaggerate the point, although i'm not in favour of this as it could/would effect the players. If lowe speaks the truth about wanting the best for the club, then he'll go. OK Ok i know it's not very likely but hey, i think it's a way to give the board a positive message rather than the usual clap crap.

seems we have simular ideas

and 32% on here still won't boycott, would need a huge swing in public opinion to make it even noticeable, suggest forget it and save up for shares!

That's the answer then. Save the money spent on travel and entry plus all other football costs and buy shares. Only problem is finding the people who are going to sell. Then making sure that the shares will be worth having with no fear of administration. Nobody without spare funds could afford to buy our club with the state it is in. If people save and buy as you suggest who will decide the future of the club? Hundreds of people with a few shares and nobody to lead them.

If shares suddenly became available I would think twice and then again as to why now. We are deeply in the mire and appear to be slowly getting even deeper. The last two home games and the next will keep the bills at bay for a short time but not forever. I would be more willing to put savings made from missing games into a central fund run by a professional body ready to strike when the end comes.

The only way I would buy shares before that is if I could check the books. I can actually envisage people already waiting ready to move when the time is ripe and the price is negligable. Just so long as the current board members are not part and parcel of whatever recovery is set into motion.

We are in a no win situation. Nicks tongue in cheek suggestion just shows how badly we need a moneyman. I believe our club is worth saving. However who is going to spend millions if in a few weeks/months the same product can be bought for peanuts. I want the board removed and the manager either given funds to spend or removed as well. I don't personally think he will make it in this country but question whether he has had a fair crack at the whip.

If we were to save for shares it would have to be as a united force run by two or three legally aware members of the unity. We would also need to know that we were saving for something that we could achieve. Again I think it unlikely for anyone without ready access to large funds to be in a position to move. Weekly bills still need to be met whoever took over.

partly because there is no choice but anti-lowe actions in the poll?...

Did you not see the option to take no action? You are welcome to go to the next home match and shout your support and admiration for the bloke if you wish, but I warn you that like the toady at the AGM who did that, you might not be warmly applauded by those around you unless you are sat in the Director's box. You're not sat there, are you?

Boycot the Doncaster game on the 17th January. Actions speak louder than words and an empty stadium will speak volumes.

A half empty stadium wouldn't prove anything, we need EVERYONE to boycott to make Lowe's position untenable.

Under Lowe's chairmanship we are a sinking ship and unless we are to settle with League One next season with a minus ten point penalty something needs to be soon before it's too little too late. Luton Town are an example of a football club playing Championship football only two years ago, through mismanagement they will be dropping out of the football league come May, realistically we could follow suit unless something is done quick.

Absolutely ridiculous Lowe is doing what anyother chairman apart from that well known former successful chairman L Crouch would do.

What he is doing is not popular but has to be done so that we can rebuild for the futures

Absolutely ridiculous Lowe is doing what anyother chairman apart from that well known former successful chairman L Crouch would do.

What he is doing is not popular but has to be done so that we can rebuild for the futures

What he is doing is going to send us to league one..

not convinced that Crouch did anything wrong in his BRIEF tenure as Chairman.

Rupert has still not crasped the fact you need a good first 11 to suceed as a football club, he oversaw the buying of squad players in 2003 and is doing the same now.

If he keeps doing what he's doing there ain't going to be a future to rebuild for.

It's Lowes Dutch experiment which has wiped a further 5K off attendances this season. He could have trimmed the squad and kept on Nigel Pearson who looked like he was taking the club in the right direction but he couldn't resist another of his nonsense revolutions ( remember SCW)

I can't believe there are still people prepared to defend this deluded so called chairmen.

I very much doubt any other Chairman would have sacked the incumbent manager who looked as though he would be able to unite the Club and replace him with a Coach from the Dutch lower leagues.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Happens all the time doesn't it;)

I very much doubt any other Chairman would have sacked the incumbent manager who looked as though he would be able to unite the Club and replace him with a Coach from the Dutch lower leagues.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Happens all the time doesn't it;)

I agree, few if any others would have done the same - but walking out of St Marys at half time or whatever boycott won't have Lowe suddenly asking NP back nor him leaving.

Enjoy it while we still have a club.

it makes me despair that every time the club faces a crisis the rally call is 'sack the board'... as if that will result in a rich/ experienced/ capable replacement... in reality it results in management disarray, team instability and a whole lot of cost.

to change now would be certain relegation.

it makes me despair that every time the club faces a crisis the rally call is 'sack the board'... as if that will result in a rich/ experienced/ capable replacement... in reality it results in management disarray, team instability and a whole lot of cost.

how does changing the board affect the team.

And don't we know it!!!!!!

Maybe you should have been posting last summer!!!!

I don't think anyone (well maybe scooby as part of his wind up) wanted him to return, but think yet another change will damage the club - unless its a totally fresh regime

I don't think anyone (well maybe scooby as part of his wind up) wanted him to return, but think yet another change will damage the club - unless its a totally fresh regime

So, by that admission are you accepting that Lowe coming back has damaged the Club?

If it's a yes, then why have you been defending his return?

If it's a no, then what you have said above does not add up.

With regards another change damaging the Club, then I'm not 100% convinced.

I am of the mind that Poortvliet needs help or to be replaced, so that's some change I would not rule out.

Additionally, if he does go, then I think change at some level may be required as (a) I don't think JP would go in the short term whilst Lowe is still here, and (b) given the poor choice last summer, I'm not sure I trust Lowe's appointments anymore.

So, by that admission are you accepting that Lowe coming back has damaged the Club?

If it's a yes, then why have you been defending his return?

I don't know who is better for the club, Lowe or Crouch, my gut feeling is that Lowe's experience v Crouch's love of the club would be better, but without seeing their squabbles and watching them I can't be sure. I haven't defending his return, I hate the ridiculous personal vendettas against him and don't for a minute believe a fraction of what is posted. I haven't so much defending return but debated some of the ridiclous criticisms (whilst accepting there are many justified ones) and mainly stated I don't want a boycott - that gets bizzarrely classed as loving Lowe!If it's a no, then what you have said above does not add up.

With regards another change damaging the Club, then I'm not 100% convinced.

I am of the mind that Poortvliet needs help or to be replaced, so that's some change I would not rule out.

Additionally, if he does go, then I think change at some level may be required as (a) I don't think JP would go in the short term whilst Lowe is still here, and (b) given the poor choice last summer, I'm not sure I trust Lowe's appointments anymore.

I think the main damage -more than Jan/NP/closing corners etc is the damage his presence has on the support.

If you look at his last five appointments, they have all been disasterous in some form or another...Redknapp and Burley had no motivation for our club, Wigley & Poortvliet were/are out of their depth and he couldn't work with Sturrock. Perhaps that means his next one will be OK due to the law of averages!

Utter nonsense and no more justified than stating that "not to change now means certain relegation".

In fact, given one home win in half a season, I would say it is very much less justified.

"Every time the club faces a crisis the rally call is "sack the board"". No it isn't. It wasn't when the club faced a final day relegation decider last season. If it helps you to try and dismiss the manifestly fair derision that the current regime faces then continue to believe that though.

Have a look at our league position, consider our best player will now be loaned out to Watford for the rest of the season, consider that Forest have just appointed a proven Championship manager. I think we are already have at least one foot in League One.

But don't blame the board eh:smt044

Utter nonsense and no more justified than stating that "not to change now means certain relegation".

In fact, given one home win in half a season, I would say it is very much less justified.

"Every time the club faces a crisis the rally call is "sack the board"". No it isn't. It wasn't when the club faced a final day relegation decider last season. If it helps you to try and dismiss the manifestly fair derision that the current regime faces then continue to believe that though.

He was probably saying the same thing when Wigley was in charge.

I'm all for giving managers (or Head Coaches:rolleyes:) a chance and some time, but there are certain times when you have to be decisive.

A mass boycott is indeed the answer....but alas there are too many people on here (and further afield) who fail to grasp the "no pain, no gain" concept - it is a sad fact that we (the fans) need to do something that goes against what the heart tells us we shouldn't be doing.

We need to take one step backwards to go several steps forward. Why are there people who can't see that? To say that they couldn't hurt the club they love is a complete false economy.

They are ironically hurting the club by this sycophantic head-in-sand stance. (just watch the responses to prove this point)

Going backwards a step, more often than not, means going backwards a few more steps, then getting lost and never finding where you were in the first place!!!

That's the big risk.

Going backwards a step, more often than not, means going backwards a few more steps, then getting lost and never finding where you were in the first place!!!

That's the big risk.

And that's the risk we took when we booted out Pearson, brought Poortvliet in and installed Lowe as the de facto Director of Football.

IMHO If we really want to bring matters to a head, the best and most effective way to do so is to organize a mass refusal to renew season tickets until the current regime give way.

Didn't Luton do something similar a few years ago. Doing this on mass would bring Lowe (and possibly the business) to his knees.

**** or bust - Literally!

if, for arguements sake, we agreed on a form of protest, in the hope to improve our club, what exactly would your full request be?

For example if you take a motion to an EGM you detail exactly what you want, who to go, who to replace them etc.

Just feel this is bit of half of a protest at the moment with people knowing things aren't good but not really sure what they are asking for.:confused:

Unfortunately it won't happen because the majority of Saints fans are spineless. I live and work in London and we've been laughing stock for years because of Lowe and his antics. Most other supports would have run this shower of parasites out of town years ago. I've been boycotting home games since Lowe returned in the summer and will continue to do so as long as these parasites preside over the club. I suggest you do the same, although its way too late to avoid the drop to League 1. See you all at Millwall, Orient & Brentford etc next season...