Would you BOYCOTT? Ways to get rid of Lowe and the board

Wes Tender

How would you boycott?  

418 members have voted

1. 1. How would you boycott?

• I won't boycott a game but would give Lowe a torrent of abuse for the whole game
    • I would boycott a whole game if the fans were in agreement
    • I would boycott the first half of a game if the fans were in agreement
    • I would boycott the 2nd half of a game if the fans were in agreement
    • No, I would not boycott or abuse people, regardless

I wonder wheather Lowe's No 1 priority is Saints or WF Ireland?

If adverse saints publicity starting affecting his standing at W F ireland then maybe he might be tempted to decide between the two..........and leave Saints to their fate.

there is a thought could we somehow put pressure on WF Ireland so they give him an

grief to leave SLH

An organised boycott is the only way, and really is doable if everyone gets behind it.

How do you do it - not that hard.

Pick a TV game.

Give the day a name "the big boycott", "stay away for change" something (without Lowe's name in it). Branding it makes it easier to get it noticed in the local media. In fact, make it positive not negative - "Save our Saints" is a million times better than "Lowe out".

Enrol Lawrie, Mark Dennis, Benali, Merrington, Channon and assorted other local Saints legends and post them to pubs, clubs, church hall all over the city and the region to make communal events of watching the game on TV.

Hire Central Hall as a key venue and get Lawrie to host it.

The point is you make the boycott an event you have to make watching the game on TV a big communal event all fans can feel part of.

You have to make the boycott something to actively do rather than just telling people to not do something.

Instead of just saying "don't go, don't go" you have to tell people "go to this instead".

Save our Saints. Twenty Locations in the city/region. Saints celeb at every location. Small charge to go to either local charity/or to the running costs of the event.

Posters and banners for every other pub in city to run their own event.

The local media would be all over it. Trust me the Echo might be up the clubs arse now but they love an event and they'd print a colour poster on the day before in their centre pages. 100 letters from readers would guarantee it. Papers love a campaign.

Empty stadium for one game.

Lowe would have to resign the next day. He would, not least because Wilde and co would bottle it.

It can be done.

The best option yet and Im sure if you ask Loan Crouch nicley he would fund it for us as he wants him out more than anyone.

Make it know loud that this wont be the only time as the fans will do it the following game etc until he has to step down.

We should just boycott the first ten minutes, I think Newcastle done a similar thing earlier in the season.

It should take no more than 2 home games where the stadium is empty the first 10 minutes. After that, our mentally disabled chairman will be abandoned by his current cowardly backers trying to save themselves!

Edited by offix

We should just boycott the first ten minutes, I think Newcastle done a similar thing earlier in the season.

I would support a match boycott, but a mass late arrival is a good start and more likely to get fans involved.

I also like the idea of a getting at Lowes other business interests.

Also a letter writing campaign to SLH bank manager at Barclays making him aware how many more paying fans there would be if Lowe was ousted would get the ball rolling,

An organised boycott is the only way, and really is doable if everyone gets behind it.

How do you do it - not that hard.

Pick a TV game.

Give the day a name "the big boycott", "stay away for change" something (without Lowe's name in it). Branding it makes it easier to get it noticed in the local media. In fact, make it positive not negative - "Save our Saints" is a million times better than "Lowe out".

Enrol Lawrie, Mark Dennis, Benali, Merrington, Channon and assorted other local Saints legends and post them to pubs, clubs, church hall all over the city and the region to make communal events of watching the game on TV.

Hire Central Hall as a key venue and get Lawrie to host it.

The point is you make the boycott an event you have to make watching the game on TV a big communal event all fans can feel part of.

You have to make the boycott something to actively do rather than just telling people to not do something.

Instead of just saying "don't go, don't go" you have to tell people "go to this instead".

Save our Saints. Twenty Locations in the city/region. Saints celeb at every location. Small charge to go to either local charity/or to the running costs of the event.

Posters and banners for every other pub in city to run their own event.

The local media would be all over it. Trust me the Echo might be up the clubs arse now but they love an event and they'd print a colour poster on the day before in their centre pages. 100 letters from readers would guarantee it. Papers love a campaign.

Empty stadium for one game.

Lowe would have to resign the next day. He would, not least because Wilde and co would bottle it.

It can be done.

Thanks CB. IMO an excellent post with many useful ideas as to how this could be achieved. I think that this is the way ahead. As you say, I think that one event well supported would have them gone very quickly, especially if they knew that we were serious of repeating the exercise the following home match.

I love the idea of watching the match from local pubs. There would be a real sense of unity having dozens of fans in a pub watching the TV and seeing the banks of empty seats and hearing the comments from the match reporters. There would be a real sense of unity, better than people just staying at home and watching the match.

Boycot the Doncaster game on the 17th January. Actions speak louder than words and an empty stadium will speak volumes.

A half empty stadium wouldn't prove anything, we need EVERYONE to boycott to make Lowe's position untenable.

Under Lowe's chairmanship we are a sinking ship and unless we are to settle with League One next season with a minus ten point penalty something needs to be soon before it's too little too late. Luton Town are an example of a football club playing Championship football only two years ago, through mismanagement they will be dropping out of the football league come May, realistically we could follow suit unless something is done quick.

Time for action. I agree we should start letting everybody know that the Doncaster game should be boycotted. We need a big publicity drive. Come on Saints Trust ( I'm a paid up member) you have to take a lead. I'm a season ticket holder but I would gladly give up my ticket for the rest of the year if I could get rid of the smug,arrogant PLC chairman who has brought this club to it's lowest ever point. Incidentally I have been attending games home and away for 55 years. I have never been so depressed!

Boycot the Doncaster game on the 17th January. Actions speak louder than words and an empty stadium will speak volumes.

A half empty stadium wouldn't prove anything, we need EVERYONE to boycott to make Lowe's position untenable.

Under Lowe's chairmanship we are a sinking ship and unless we are to settle with League One next season with a minus ten point penalty something needs to be soon before it's too little too late. Luton Town are an example of a football club playing Championship football only two years ago, through mismanagement they will be dropping out of the football league come May, realistically we could follow suit unless something is done quick.

Time for action. I agree we should start letting everybody know that the Doncaster game should be boycotted. We need a big publicity drive. Come on Saints Trust ( I'm a paid up member) you have to take a lead. I'm a season ticket holder but I would gladly give up my ticket for the rest of the year if I could get rid of the smug,arrogant PLC chairman who has brought this club to it's lowest ever point. Incidentally I have been attending games home and away for 55 years. I have never been so depressed!

How about everyone turning up at half time for a game an d boycott the first 45 mins ?

That is actually a really good idea. If every one just hangs around outside the turnstiles until the half time whistle, and only came in at half time it would send a powerful signal to RL and also allow us to then support the lads in the second half as usual.

How about everyone turning up at half time for a game an d boycott the first 45 mins ?

That is actually a really good idea. If every one just hangs around outside the turnstiles until the half time whistle, and only came in at half time it would send a powerful signal to RL and also allow us to then support the lads in the second half as usual.

To be honest I don't rally see the point in that. THe tickets wil have been bought, and RL will sit there with that stupid smug fcucking grin knowing the ground will fill up at half time. Far better to organise a full boycott with no tickets sold IMO.

To be honest I don't rally see the point in that. THe tickets wil have been bought, and RL will sit there with that stupid smug fcucking grin knowing the ground will fill up at half time. Far better to organise a full boycott with no tickets sold IMO.

Glad that following another of our useless performances, that this thread has been resurrected.

Having read the contributions, I think that that by CB Fry was one that I agreed with entirely. I concur that if a mass boycott was made, the results would be very quick. I also love the idea of the city venues with attendance of one well known ex-player at each venue.

How does everybody else feel? If there is now agreement that the only really effective option to achieve the departure of Lowe and Co quickly is via this option, this plan needs to be put into action now, before too much further decline has been experienced.

I will be away from 29th to 18th January, so cannot contribute my own personal efforts, but if the plan is to succeed, we need some volunteers to help arrange it.

Anybody willing to step up to the plate?

Glad that following another of our useless performances, that this thread has been resurrected.

Having read the contributions, I think that that by CB Fry was one that I agreed with entirely. I concur that if a mass boycott was made, the results would be very quick. I also love the idea of the city venues with attendance of one well known ex-player at each venue.

How does everybody else feel? If there is now agreement that the only really effective option to achieve the departure of Lowe and Co quickly is via this option, this plan needs to be put into action now, before too much further decline has been experienced.

I will be away from 29th to 18th January, so cannot contribute my own personal efforts, but if the plan is to succeed, we need some volunteers to help arrange it.

Anybody willing to step up to the plate?

It's getting to the stage where direct action can be justified IMO . The club already have ST holders money for this season so Rupert probably couldn't care less whether we actually turn up or not - but a organised mass boycott of ST renewals for the 09/10 season would definitely force the bank/SLH Shareholders into taking some notice of Saints fans opinions . Without us afterall there is no club .

It's getting to the stage where direct action can be justified IMO . The club already have ST holders money for this season so Rupert probably couldn't care less whether we actually turn up or not - but a organised mass boycott of ST renewals for the 09/10 season would definitely force the bank/SLH Shareholders into taking some notice of Saints fans opinions . Without us afterall there is no club .

Can't vote with those options. Where's the simple No answer?

Won't ever boycott, I don't want administration. Strange eh?

Not sure why people would protest and boycott about not being very good! Just looks like we're absolutely ****e fans. Dozens of other clubs put up with poor teams, in worse leagues than us and without the fortunate times we've had as a small club in the top flight. Yet we act like this when we have a couple of years struggle. It's embarassing.

The only answer I can see is for lowe and this Dutch experiment to **** off and a proper manager come in to give us half a chance of staying up.

It's more than likley too late, the damage is done and we are going down, but there is no excuse for just giving up and letting this **** ruin our club.

Can't vote with those options. Where's the simple No answer?

Won't ever boycott, I don't want administration. Strange eh?

Not sure why people would protest and boycott about not being very good! Just looks like we're absolutely ****e fans. Dozens of other clubs put up with poor teams, in worse leagues than us and without the fortunate times we've had as a small club in the top flight. Yet we act like this when we have a couple of years struggle. It's embarassing.

The only answer I can see is for lowe and this Dutch experiment to **** off and a proper manager come in to give us half a chance of staying up.

It's more than likley too late, the damage is done and we are going down, but there is no excuse for just giving up and letting this **** ruin our club.

How about copying the Catalan protest of waving a white hankie to show your displeasure.

If this could be planned for the United game, when the cameras are there, 30 minutes into the game, it should have the maximum visual impact without people having to miss any of the on field torture.

How about doing this, but as they wave their hankies, everybody walks off to the concourses, leaving the stands empty until after half time.

How about copying the Catalan protest of waving a white hankie to show your displeasure.

If this could be planned for the United game, when the cameras are there, 30 minutes into the game, it should have the maximum visual impact without people having to miss any of the on field torture.

How about doing this, but as they wave their hankies, everybody walks off to the concourses, leaving the stands empty until after half time.

Just another suggestion, how about planning a mass boycott for a game, but still turn up. So take the reading game for example. We use this game to protest, but we all turn up to the stadium at say 2:30, walk to your seats, leave a message on your chair and then walk out again.

I'm not doing my 250 mile round trip just to leave a ****ing message on my seat.

Just another suggestion, how about planning a mass boycott for a game, but still turn up. So take the reading game for example. We use this game to protest, but we all turn up to the stadium at say 2:30, walk to your seats, leave a message on your chair and then walk out again.

I'm not doing my 250 mile round trip just to leave a ****ing message on my seat.

Agree with CB Fry. That is the best option thus far. Maybe something like all go to the stadium but not actually enter and all sit down near the Ted Bates statue. If we could pull that off would be very symbolic, however i doubt the Lowe SS would let that happen.

Agree with CB Fry. That is the best option thus far. Maybe something like all go to the stadium but not actually enter and all sit down near the Ted Bates statue. If we could pull that off would be very symbolic, however i doubt the Lowe SS would let that happen.

We DON'T have to leave the Stadium to make a fully impressive statement of discontent. All we have to do is STAND UP AND TURN OUR BACKS TO THE PITCH as soon as the whistle blows. It's probably the most effective action you can take. Those nearest the Directors can turn their backs to them and chant 'LOWE OUT' or other suitable remark. All of this will take place INSIDE the Stadium and if the match is on TV then they can't ignore what you are doing as the cameras pick up the crowd all the time. Simple and effective.

We DON'T have to leave the Stadium to make a fully impressive statement of discontent. All we have to do is STAND UP AND TURN OUR BACKS TO THE PITCH as soon as the whistle blows. It's probably the most effective action you can take. Those nearest the Directors can turn their backs to them and chant 'LOWE OUT' or other suitable remark. All of this will take place INSIDE the Stadium and if the match is on TV then they can't ignore what you are doing as the cameras pick up the crowd all the time. Simple and effective.

Actually this is a great idea.

Lets face it an empty stadium,although effective would never happen,because some fans will go regardless.Anyway the stadium is half empty for most games.

But this is something that we all can easily do.

Lowe out!!!!

Actually this is a great idea.

Lets face it an empty stadium,although effective would never happen,because some fans will go regardless.Anyway the stadium is half empty for most games.

But this is something that we all can easily do.

Lowe out!!!!

When will the majority get it into their heads that this is the only way. Yes everyone must boycott. Forget all this rubbish of, if you dont go you are not a true fan. The truth is the true fans will boycott and not give a penny more to Lowe and his cronies.

And as for the Man U game, how the hell can that sell out if our average gate is half the attendance this game has attracted. Those that are going to this game are all guilty to destroying our club, because it is not true support.

Enough of this rubbish and lets get our club back.

When will the majority get it into their heads that this is the only way. Yes everyone must boycott. Forget all this rubbish of, if you dont go you are not a true fan. The truth is the true fans will boycott and not give a penny more to Lowe and his cronies.

And as for the Man U game, how the hell can that sell out if our average gate is half the attendance this game has attracted. Those that are going to this game are all guilty to destroying our club, because it is not true support.

Enough of this rubbish and lets get our club back.

I was surprised when I saw this poll - I was berated some years ago when I suggested the very same thing but judging the poll so far it seems that most of you would go that far.

I was wrong the last time and imho it is wrong again to boycott.

I support southampton fc first and foremost above all else including JP, Lowe, players, MLT or the tea lady. i don't believe at this stage that a boycott achieves anything, i would rather see a packed stadium vs man yoo than the embaressment of having an empty one.

there are surely other ways in which to oust lowe

I was surprised when I saw this poll - I was berated some years ago when I suggested the very same thing but judging the poll so far it seems that most of you would go that far.

I support southampton fc first and foremost above all else including JP, Lowe, players, MLT or the tea lady. i don't believe at this stage that a boycott achieves anything, i would rather see a packed stadium vs man yoo than the embaressment of having an empty one.

Empty ground.

It would take a lot of sacrifice from the season ticket holders, but would be better in the long run.

Just tell the missus you're going to the game, but stay in the pub instead.

As soon as possible in my opinion.

I am up for it as well as my 12 year old son (Both season ticket holders) If a 12 year can see how bad RL has been for us then surely the rest of the RL lovers can see that RL has been a disaster for the club

Empty ground.

It would take a lot of sacrifice from the season ticket holders, but would be better in the long run.

Just tell the missus you're going to the game, but stay in the pub instead.

As soon as possible in my opinion.

I am up for it as well as my 12 year old son (Both season ticket holders) If a 12 year can see how bad RL has been for us then surely the rest of the RL lovers can see that RL has been a disaster for the club

No pain no gain.......Get a boycott organised...An empty St Marys would hurt Lowe big time.

No pain no gain.......Get a boycott organised...An empty St Marys would hurt Lowe big time.