General Election 2015

trousers

yes, possibly, or gold-plated jacuzzis, yachts and massive bonuses.

More money for dividends. HTH.

Yes, all that too, but the principle is the same. Who do you trust to spend your earnings more wisely? For every banker's bonus there are a hundred company owners wondering how to make ends meet.

Yes, all that too, but the principle is the same. Who do you trust to spend your earnings more wisely? For every banker's bonus there are a hundred company owners wondering how to make ends meet.

Corporation tax is part and parcel of running a business. No-one is forcing these people to go into business for themselves, and the tax sits lower than it has for a while.

If business owners are having difficulty finding customers, I'd suggest that is a lot more to do with the distribution of wealth in the economy. What would you rather have? An elite of the rich holding onto the vast resources they've accumulated, actively lobbying to ensure they get more, or millions of people with disposable income, all contributing to the economy?

More money for dividends. HTH.

Correct, now if you were looking to invest in a European country, the tax rate is a considerable factor in the decision. If a low CT rate that means more foreign companies set up in the UK, then that can only be good can't it?

Correct, now if you were looking to invest in a European country, the tax rate is a considerable factor in the decision. If a low CT rate that means more foreign companies set up in the UK, then that can only be good can't it?

Not if it's the starting pistol to a race to the bottom.

One thing that you're perhaps taking for granted is how favourable the UK already is to any company wanting to do business. Leaving aside the huge giveaways to the likes of Vodafone and Barclays, one can move about freely with no real threat to life and limb.

The multi-national I work for has sites around the world where you need bodyguards to get from the airport to the facility.

But they're probably not overly fussed about the rate of tax on their profits, are they?

This general erection is one of the biggest in recent history, I can see why some of you are all over it like a fat kid on a cup cake. The big knobs in the city do generate cash whitey but they also spunk it a lot and store the rest offshore tax free. I am a business owner and would hate for Labour to slip in the back door but you cannot deny the top 1% are getting richer while dregs like bear suffer scratching around down near the bottom on a zero hours contract, generally getting shit on.

Corporation tax is part and parcel of running a business. No-one is forcing these people to go into business for themselves, and the tax sits lower than it has for a while.

If business owners are having difficulty finding customers, I'd suggest that is a lot more to do with the distribution of wealth in the economy. What would you rather have? An elite of the rich holding onto the vast resources they've accumulated, actively lobbying to ensure they get more, or millions of people with disposable income, all contributing to the economy?

Of course it is, but the more the government takes the less there is for investment.

But the letter isn't from them, it's from a bunch of big business fatcats

Oh them, I always ignore that sort of thing and make up my own mind.

Well labour is pledging to cancel the Tories' corporation tax cut and use the money to cut business rates for small companies, so that is actually more targeted at the people you are concerned about.

I hope you take that into account during your detailed and open minded deliberations [emoji4]

Edited by Ex Lion Tamer

Well labour is pledging to cancel the Tories' corporation tax cut and use the money to cut business rates for small companies, so that is actually more targeted at the people you are concerned about.

I hope you take that into account during your detailed and open minded deliberations [emoji4]

Of course, but you have to pay the rates no matter how much you sell, and you get absolutely nothing in exchange for it.

Not going to embed as quite rude.

http://nocomments.uk/content/pap/ids.png

The whole Tory ****s thing is getting a little tiresome though.

It just seems that narrow minded liberals can only form one opinion for one of our major parties. I don't like Ed Milliband or Balls, but I wouldn't go anywhere near as far to suggest they are actually full on evil, as they're not.

Same with the Conservatives.

It just seems that narrow minded liberals can only form one opinion for one of our major parties. I don't like Ed Milliband or Balls, but I wouldn't go anywhere near as far to suggest they are actually full on evil, as they're not.

Only if you like the Tories.

I appreciate this thread must be hard for all of you, having awkward bastards like me hold a light up to the Conservatives' shocking activities.

Y'know, the ones that are pushing people into poverty, sickness and death (or any combination of the above).

yeah but ur not really gonna vote for that baldy man, now pap has revealed that he's been murdering disabled bros, are you Sarb? I'm deffo not. I'm gonna vote for the current bro instead :thumbup:

yeah but ur not really gonna vote for that baldy man, now pap has revealed that he's been murdering disabled bros, are you Sarb? I'm deffo not. I'm gonna vote for the current bro instead :thumbup:

Despite his protests, he probably will.

Though Conservative voters fall largely into two camps, those who have a lot of money and want to keep it and those who have considerably less money but see voting Tory as some kind of aspirational achievement, bletch's example from the fictional world does it for me.

A solid bed of c**ts. People who, when it comes down to it, don't give a flying f**k if others starve or die.

I don't particularly have much time for any of the main parties. But, as far as the Tories are concerned, J K Galbraith summed it up best:

‘’The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy, that is the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. It is an exercise which always involves a certain number of internal contradictions and even a few absurdities. The conspicuously wealthy turn up urging the character-building value of privation for the poor.’’

Doesn't matter which way you dress it up, the Tories appeal to the less empathetic and more selfish amongst us.

I don't particularly have much time for any of the main parties. But, as far as the Tories are concerned, J K Galbraith summed it up best:

‘’The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy, that is the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. It is an exercise which always involves a certain number of internal contradictions and even a few absurdities. The conspicuously wealthy turn up urging the character-building value of privation for the poor.’’

Doesn't matter which way you dress it up, the Tories appeal to the less empathetic and more selfish amongst us.

I dunno. I sort of agree that some people are more good at getting things than I am, but I don't begrudge them that. I.e. at Sainsbury's you see sometimes old lady carefully routing out the bargains + special offers, and she is prob Conservative and getting more for her money than what I do, but I am ok with that. If I had starved because I wasn't conservative enough, I would have thought that was my fault, and not the old lady. But I didn't starve anyway, cos what I did when I forgot my wallet and didn't have enough cash to cover all my purchases, I took the 39p hot chocolate sachet i wanted, and slyly poked it up the sleeve of my jumper, so in a way i was prob a bit conservative too :thumbup:

I dunno. I sort of agree that some people are more good at getting things than I am, but I don't begrudge them that. I.e. at Sainsbury's you see sometimes old lady carefully routing out the bargains + special offers, and she is prob Conservative and getting more for her money than what I do, but I am ok with that. If I had starved because I wasn't conservative enough, I would have thought that was my fault, and not the old lady. But I didn't starve anyway, cos what I did when I forgot my wallet and didn't have enough cash to cover all my purchases, I took the 39p hot chocolate sachet i wanted, and slyly poked it up the sleeve of my jumper, so in a way i was prob a bit conservative too :thumbup:

I know what you mean bear, I am being very conservative by being on the register at the moment. I was thinking about changing this but then saw Steve Grant on Turin last night eating pizza funded by fiver mountain. At the moment I am a floating voter.

I know what you mean bear, I am being very conservative by being on the register at the moment. I was thinking about changing this but then saw Steve Grant on Turin last night eating pizza funded by fiver mountain. At the moment I am a floating voter.

steve grant is one of the worst conservatives of all. Does he care how we suffer & starve to finance his curry and pizza turin binges? Does he f*ck :(

Though Conservative voters fall largely into two camps, those who have a lot of money and want to keep it and those who have considerably less money but see voting Tory as some kind of aspirational achievement, bletch's example from the fictional world does it for me.

A solid bed of c**ts. People who, when it comes down to it, don't give a flying f**k if others starve or die.

I'm not actually going to vote...

The issue is the hyperbolic nature of your posts, it's not that these people don't care, it's more that you believe they don't care as much as Labour etc.

What happens if Labour come in, and we get 3 million unemployed out of the back of bad economic policies. Do we then get to say that they obviously don't care about the poor because they've pushed a number of people from having money, to having very little, ready for the Conservatives to (yet again) have to sort out another mess, and be the bad cop to Labours good cop?

Or the people that like to feel that. For me, if you are left wing and have any disposable income at the end of the month that you aren't giving to charity/those less fortunate then you are verging on hypocrisy. Or is it okay to be a bit selfish, just not Tory selfish?

Or some people who believe that you will have more to spend on public services if you run your economy in the right way. Why call them 'c**nts' they don't call you stupid.

I'm not actually going to vote...

The issue is the hyperbolic nature of your posts, it's not that these people don't care, it's more that you believe they don't care as much as Labour etc.

What happens if Labour come in, and we get 3 million unemployed out of the back of bad economic policies. Do we then get to say that they obviously don't care about the poor because they've pushed a number of people from having money, to having very little, ready for the Conservatives to (yet again) have to sort out another mess, and be the bad cop to Labours good cop?

Look, all I'm trying to say is that if you vote Tory, you're either doing it out of self-interest (rich) or hatred of your fellow man because you're a stupid grasping c**t in love with ideological rapists, murderers, thieves and vandals (poor Tory voter).

Hyperbole? Where? :)

Look, all I'm trying to say is that if you vote Tory, you're either doing it out of self-interest (rich) or hatred of your fellow man because you're a stupid grasping c**t in love with ideological rapists, murderers, thieves and vandals (poor Tory voter).

You missed out ideological arsonists. Otherwise, spot on.

Now I know that you've completely lost it. Labour was completely, entirely, absolutely at fault for leaving the country in the state it was. Who was it that banished boom and bust?

Same question to you that Tokes got.

Which bits do you dispute?

Just as long as they starve by their own efforts and don't expect the rest of society to help them do it.

Hyperbole? Where? :)

Not necessarily. You might just believe that it is up to every indicual to do the best for themselves that they can without relyig on others to carry them through their indolence.

Just as long as they starve by their own efforts and don't expect the rest of society to help them do it.

Not necessarily. You might just believe that it is up to every indicual to do the best for themselves that they can without relyig on others to carry them through their indolence.

Yeah, that's what we did before. Lot of people killed each other for no good reason.

Do you have any points applicable to civilised societies?

Same question to you that Tokes got.

Which bits do you dispute?

Black Wednesday causing a recession.

'Dealing with a global banking crisis and sheltering us from the worst efects of it'. Yeah, right :rolleyes:

Austerity policy putting us back into recession.

All these bits.

You left out selling off the gold reserves at rock-bottom prices.

You also ignored the fact that this is a coalition government, not a Tory one.

It all depends on the figures, of course, but a modest cut in rates is a fixed amount whereas a cut in CT is an incentive to make more profit.

But if I've understood right, corporation tax means companies only pay when they've made a profit and can therefore afford it, whereas business rates weigh down small businesses and startups because you have to pay it regardless of how well you're doing.

Plus I'm not convinced a slightly lower corporation tax offers any extra incentive to invest or work hard. More profit is more profit at the end of the day, regardless of how much it is taxed

So just to be clear, you genuinely think that everyone living in poverty is in that situation because they are lazy?

In other words, fu ck you Jack cause I'm OK.