James Ward-Prowse Signs New 5 Year Deal

em00jie

61 PL games as an advanced midfielder no goals. Hmmmmmmm

Yes, that is a bit sad, but I recall that the " young " David Beckham played 30 games for England before he scored his first international goal.

It's often about contribution to the game and assists as much as personal glory, but you can be sure that his first goal at SMS will get JWP a standing ovation from the whole stadium.:nod:

Yes, that is a bit sad, but I recall that the " young " David Beckham played 30 games for England before he scored his first international goal.

It's often about contribution to the game and assists as much as personal glory, but you can be sure that his first goal at SMS will get JWP a standing ovation from the whole stadium.:nod:

Tomorrow would be nice!

Do we not give every saints goal a standing ovation then?

17 actually. Your "recall" appears to be fecked up this morning.

Don't really understand the skepticism about JWP. His scoring record is poor, but last season the entire midfield managed only five goals across the whole season, which had as much to do with Poch's tactics as it did with profligate finishing from all concerned. This season he's only started nine games, yet managed 6 assists with a decent mix between set-pieces and open play. With technique like his the first goal will come soon enough, and when it does, I suspect he'll gain the confidence to strike a moving ball with the same conviction he takes corners and free-kicks. Huge potential, a lot of it already on display, and lots more to come.

If he is going to be a future captain he is gonna have to start pulling the strings in midfield a bit more and contributing with some goals. Pleased he has signed, but yet to be convinced judging by what I've seen of him so far.

This, for me he needs to be more involved in games, either by being more direct, demanding the ball a bit more or more physical but he has all the talent. If he can go up a level and get 5-10 goals a season he will be a first team player for a long time. Good to see in the gym as well as think he needs to bulk out a bit

Wenger talking about cock o van saying midfielders won't settle into a position until 23/24 years old so jwp has plenty of time , I think at saints us fans have been spoilt with the likes of theo, Bale , Aoc and Shaw coming in the team at 16 and tearing it up and expect all our academy players to do like wise ! Everyone evolves at a different pace how many other 20 year old have 61 premier league apps ?