Aston Villa Ticket Rip Off - SFC Screwing Fans Over

pluto

Who said it isn't overpriced? I guess you completely miss the point.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out that this is a pricing strategy that the club haven't used before, to make the last home game a Category A purely because of when in the season it is. The point is that football tickets are overpriced as it is and the club are milking us a bit more due to when the game is in the season.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out that this is a pricing strategy that the club haven't used before, to make the last home game a Category A purely because of when in the season it is. The point is that football tickets are overpriced as it is and the club are milking us a bit more due to when the game is in the season.

Agreed there's nothing wrong with pointing it out in that context. Repeatedly whining about it as some kind of scandal is the silly bit. The overall cost of matches went up 2013/14 compared to 2014/15, but the balance of the Categories didn't skew towards Cat A matches - there was one more of those, but also one more Cat C. So there's not even the case that matches overall cost more as a result of this change, they didn't - they were already more expensive overall, but the extra Cat A was offset by an extra Cat C too.

And then there's my point about charges being due to the cost of tickets at the club we're playing, and that we won't know if this is actually a "last match" thing unless they do it again.

Agreed there's nothing wrong with pointing it out in that context. Repeatedly whining about it as some kind of scandal is the silly bit. The overall cost of matches went up 2013/14 compared to 2014/15, but the balance of the Categories didn't skew towards Cat A matches - there was one more of those, but also one more Cat C. So there's not even the case that matches overall cost more as a result of this change, they didn't - they were already more expensive overall, but the extra Cat A was offset by an extra Cat C too.

And then there's my point about charges being due to the cost of tickets at the club we're playing, and that we won't know if this is actually a "last match" thing unless they do it again.

Doesn't affect me personally, I have a season ticket. I was more calling out the people saying he should go in the Villa end just because he has a problem with this.

Doesn't affect me personally, I have a season ticket. I was more calling out the people saying he should go in the Villa end just because he has a problem with this.

Yeah, I think the logic was that it is £10 cheaper so he gets his price cut.

MLG, or anyone, does anyone know what Category our game vs Stoke was in the first season back?

The one we drew 1-1, Michael Owens last game as well I think?

It was our last game of the season that season- and it was obviously at home!

That might clear something up.

MLG, or anyone, does anyone know what Category our game vs Stoke was in the first season back?

The one we drew 1-1, Michael Owens last game as well I think?

It was our last game of the season that season- and it was obviously at home!

That might clear something up.

Pretty sure I've already said that on this thread.

Just to confirm, Stoke was Cat C:

http://web.archive.org/web/20130406003330/http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/tickets/

2012/13

" Category C: Fulham, Norwich, Stoke, Sunderland, Swansea, West Brom and Wigan (7)

- Category B: Aston Villa, Everton, Newcastle, QPR, Reading, Tottenham, and West Ham (7)

- Category A: Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United (5)"

2013/14 and 2014/15 prices are linked by MLG earlier in the thread too.

And FWIW, Villa was £44 if watching from the Itchen in 2012/13.

Edited by The9

Just to confirm, Stoke was Cat C:

http://web.archive.org/web/20130406003330/http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/tickets/

2012/13

" Category C: Fulham, Norwich, Stoke, Sunderland, Swansea, West Brom and Wigan (7)

- Category B: Aston Villa, Everton, Newcastle, QPR, Reading, Tottenham, and West Ham (7)

- Category A: Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United (5)"

2013/14 and 2014/15 prices are linked by MLG earlier in the thread too.

Hmm, well maybe Saints anticipated to do well this season- and so predicted that we'd have a record breaking season where we might qualify for European football through our league position? Or maybe we let that Stoke game be a Cat C game because we anticipated it to be a midtable clash at the end of the season?

Or maybe that season (2012/13), we announced ticket prices before the fixture list was released?

Then again- wasn't season ticket renewal for this season announced before fixture list was released?

You know what, I don't care. It's simple supply and demand. When demand is high, prices go up. Simple.

And I shall be there to say bye to what has been a record breaking season!

Um, I imagine the club made Stoke a Cat C because they knew no-one would want to watch them (even in a new kit) and because ramping up the price for the last match was something Cortese hadn't thought of soon enough.

• 3 weeks later...
This was on the Football Fans Federation Facebook page.......

Dear FSF,

Southampton fans should consider boycotting the final home match of the season after the Club made the match tickets the most expensive Category A alongside Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United etc. The Club are exploiting fans because last season this match was a Category C game, the cheapest tickets. The price hike is solely down to it being the last home match, which normally has a high attendance. So Saints have cynically put the price up in a move never seen before at Southampton FC.

M Standon

Southampton

I cannot believe the Club would stoop so slow and shaft fans because its the last home game of the season.

Clearly this match should be CAT C and nothing more like last season.

Welcome to a capitalist society. Supply and demand... club anticipated the demand for tickets for this game would outweigh supply, so have valued the tickets according.

The game has sold out 10 days before match day...

Southampton FC@SouthamptonFC 4m4 minutes ago

BREAKING: #SaintsFC's final home game of the season against @AVFCOfficial has now sold out. Thanks for your support!

Edited by Matthew Le God

• 2 weeks later...