Djuricic

St Lej

£10m has been commonly mentioned on here, but I'm unsure where that came from originally.

Benfica paid about 6 million € for him and it's reported (from a Benfica source) that he had a release clause at 40 million .

Benfica are a bit into the old 3rd party ownership I think so perhaps Djuricic is on one of those dodgy sort of deals, who

knows. At 6 million £ he'd be a decent signing, maybe even at 10 but not much more as of yet.

40 million euros.... still a bit of a wild pie in the sky figure though.

Got a feeling that all portugese contracts have to have a release clause in them. So they are set stupidly high, not 100% though... I know theres something with Benfica especially

• 3 weeks later...

This guy may be worth a punt more than Elia. Youth is on his side and he has something to prove in the game. Has a lovely touch but so has Tadic who has shown there is more than that required in the Prem. Get them both in for pre-season!

This guy may be worth a punt more than Elia. Youth is on his side and he has something to prove in the game.

Has a lovely touch but so has Tadic who has shown there is more than that required in the Prem. Get them both in for pre-season!

No room for sentiment in football - so perhaps Ronald's still stuck on Elia's past glory...seems a nice boy, but....I'm not convinced..

......yes Djuricic does has a nice touch, but so did Ramirez (at times) ...the trouble was / is that it's never in " the final third" where real goal chances are created.......

Tadic's early season form was incredible, if he recovers that level..... we'll be back in with bucketloads of goals...... if we get the striker situation properly sorted.

No room for sentiment in football - so perhaps Ronald's still stuck on Elia's past glory...seems a nice boy, but....I'm not convinced..

......yes Djuricic does has a nice touch, but so did Ramirez (at times) ...the trouble was / is that it's never in " the final third" where real goal chances are created.......

Tadic's early season form was incredible, if he recovers that level..... we'll be back in with bucketloads of goals...... if we get the striker situation properly sorted.

Completely agree with all of this.

He's still getting mentions on the Saints Twitter feed. So can we assume we've taken up the option on Djuricic?

He's still technically on loan until 30.6.15 so that's probably why. Elia's gone off to get married and isn't involved in International matches so probably explains the lack of mentions.

He's played 9 league games totalling 329 minutes, so quite hard to judge.

But value wise, he signed a contract with Benfica in July 2013 for about a transfer fee of £7m, where he stayed a year before being sent out on loan to Mainz for 6 months and then to us. While I know his contract is until 2018, I cannot see how he can be considered to have increased in value, especially since leaving the Eredivisie (where he scored 26 in 111) he has scored 3 league goals in 43 appearances (many of which were subs or subbed).

I like Djuricic for his obvious ability but he gets knocked off of the ball so very easily that I fear that he won't come to much.

Perhaps as the article says playing against U21s where there still might be less muscle and power might boost his confidence..to be seen though.

I like Djuricic for his obvious ability but he gets knocked off of the ball so very easily that I fear that he won't come to much.

Perhaps as the article says playing against U21s where there still might be less muscle and power might boost his confidence..to be seen though.

I saw in play in an U21 game v Watford and he looked a cut above

However there is a big step from U21 to a regular start in the Prem

He's played 9 league games totalling 329 minutes, so quite hard to judge.

But value wise, he signed a contract with Benfica in July 2013 for about a transfer fee of £7m, where he stayed a year before being sent out on loan to Mainz for 6 months and then to us. While I know his contract is until 2018, I cannot see how he can be considered to have increased in value, especially since leaving the Eredivisie (where he scored 26 in 111) he has scored 3 league goals in 43 appearances (many of which were subs or subbed).

I think the £9million - or whatever people keep quoting - figure was something erroneously reported on here and then repeated until becoming reasonably well accepted.

Like you said, there is no way Benfica can reasonably expect a profit. They clearly don't want him and keep loaning him out. It would be like us expecting a profit on Gaston.

We should be able to get him for more like £3 or £4million, if even that.

• 1 month later...