Mornington Crescent

Lighthouse

The Whistle? In September? Have you never read the Farringdon Protocols? Do keep up.

Clapham Common ... Which gives Pancake the opportunity to say ...

Not so fast! There's you getting all September rules and forgetting the 1964 Bayswater Alliance ruling subsection Q, paragraph 12, note iii, where in the month of September a move to the Northern line Saff of the River from the Bakerloo Line is forbidden, in the extraordinary meeting of 24th December 1979 when Dollis Hill became part of the Jubilee Line it was decreed the original ruling would stand to avoid confusion having already changed lines once before in 1939.

Better have another go Old Chap

Hashimoto (God Rest His Soul) went to his grave disputing the '64 Bayswater Alliance - as you well know!

However, Hashers always was an argumentative S.O.B. so maybe you have a point (though I rather fancied his elder sister; name me a man who didn't).

Then I'll move to Swiss Cottage instead ... although this gives Lighthouse a winning opportunity.

Well this is the 21st Century, I guess we have to open our minds young scallywags like Goatchap, modernising the game: even if his clues are a bit 3-2-1 with Dusty Bin and Ted Rodgers........... Well seeing as he is new to this I am assuming he his taking baby steps, so I can only think of the Rooftop Garden at the Tara Hotel where I had a soirée with Hashimotos (ahem)elder sister........ South Kensington ?????

Well this is the 21st Century, I guess we have to open our minds young scallywags like Goatchap, modernising the game: even if his clues are a bit 3-2-1 with Dusty Bin and Ted Rodgers........... Well seeing as he is new to this I am assuming he his taking baby steps, so I can only think of the Rooftop Garden at the Tara Hotel where I had a soirée with Hashimotos (ahem)elder sister........ South Kensington ?????

South Kensington you say... Well in that case... no... wait, I think I can....

Yep

Mornington Crescent

Needs Clarification.............. South Ken was more of a question in response to Goatboy playing with a diverse agenda of random photographic clues.

I believe it stands.

The type of gun used and amount of facial hair on the gun 'wielder' clearly indicates South Kensington on the basis of the Blair declaration of 1997, if you include the Duncan-Smith appendix it's even clearer.

Bravo Sir.

Edited by Colinjb

I believe it stands.

The type of gun used and amount of facial hair on the gun 'wielder' clearly indicates South Kensington on the basis of the Blair declaration of 1997, if you include the Duncan-Smith appendix it's even clearer.

Bravo Sir.

Seems a bit of a pea-souper has appeared Colin me old mucker, you offered Knightsbrige to the Johnny with the Gun, South Ken was offered in to the arena after the Goatchappie posted a relative up on a roof!!????!!

Seems like LBA has the last entry still....... and there is no bally chance of getting from there to MC in one go.

the world rankings have all gone to hell and a hand cart now. I can see this causing another internal split. The belts will be divided and we'll have league and union rising up with separate rules making a mockery of the the sport. Mark my words if we aren't careful the IOC will end up removing Mornington crescent altogether from the upcoming Olympic games in Rio

Seems a bit of a pea-souper has appeared Colin me old mucker, you offered Knightsbrige to the Johnny with the Gun, South Ken was offered in to the arena after the Goatchappie posted a relative up on a roof!!????!!

Seems like LBA has the last entry still....... and there is no bally chance of getting from there to MC in one go.

In that case, lets keep it central. Baker Street

Whoops. Simultaneous moves. Shall we compromise on Upton Park? Don't think that will give an unfair advantage

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Now.... I don't share your perspective on compromise.

I may settle for Plaistow.

This may require advocation by a suitable patsy as per the Callaghan reforms.

Now.... I don't share your perspective on compromise.

I may settle for Plaistow.

This may require advocation by a suitable patsy as per the Callaghan reforms.

If you want to be so formal, then Plaistow it is. (but you'll regret it)

I thought this was a friendly game, but obviously not. In any case, most serious players consider the Callaghan reforms to be questionable and hugely biased in favour of the Central/District axis.

Edited by Shroppie

You can ask. But don't expect an answer. The rules have been years in development and evolution and no way can you explain simplistically.

I think there's even a degree in it.

Ok good, so I've read up on Mornington Crescent and it appears to be a load of gibberish.... Which is why its so popular on here :)

Never heard it, but ISIHAC sounds funny

Time to get this game back on track (pun intended).

Marble Arch.

Superb move!

I shall follow on with Temple, taking the Dawson (1956) rule 328b which now means no south of the river moved until we play a rhyming couplet.

I'll enter the fray by declaring St Martin's Lane. A classic double-reverse which I am astonished hasn't been offered yet.

Stunning move. Years since I saw it played so effectively. I'm a bit stumped now, but can only try the Potts-Bigglesworth gambit to Green Park.

Controversial, I know.