If you owned Southampton FC

Fitzhugh Fella

One thing we can surely all agree on, sort that feckin' bridge out over the railway.

Used it for the first time in ages Saturday as I was heading back to Central station rather than a car, what a farce, takes forever.

5. Buy the surrounding gas and cement works and develop the area to include a large multi-storey, waterfront bars and restaurant and a petting zoo

I'de rather have a board which concentrates on football related matters rather than ambitious high risk property devellopment. The football club would become a secondary concern.

The safe standing just has to be done. Creates possibilities for cheaper tickets, bigger capacity and definately more atmosphere. The whole country would envy us.

Following on from the mobility scooters giveaway idea, I'd like to see the half time relay race done on them. The last two having to dribble that big ball into the net by driving the scooters across the pitch. Fighting while on the scooters is positively encouraged, they could even be modded to include weapons.

Rather than watching a bunch of snotty kids run around the pitch which is only ever entertaining when a fatty is competing, let the proper fans who have been following the club for 60 odd years have their chance to entertain the crowd.

If one of them happens to die then so be it. At least they will have popped off in their favourite place and end up immortalised in Southampton FC history.

There is only 15 minutes at half time - how long do you think it will take a bunch of octogenarians with zimmers to complete the race.

1. Rename the Itchen Stand.
  2. Play in skins away.
  3. Dave Lee Travis to be the match day announcer.
  4. Lemon Meringue pies.
  5. Saints branded mobility scooters with every season ticket.

Seems a brave move to have a convicted sex offender as our announcer - who knows people might love it.

I'de rather have a board which concentrates on football related matters rather than ambitious high risk property devellopment. The football club would become a secondary concern.

The safe standing just has to be done. Creates possibilities for cheaper tickets, bigger capacity and definately more atmosphere. The whole country would envy us.

In this scenario, you are the "board!" No matter how much we love the locality of the stadium, nobody can argue that it's surroundings are not currently a 5h!t hole. If I were money no object owner, I'd certainly be looking at extra revenue streams and improving the matchday experience by building bars, restaurants, other food outlets, may be a hotel and get lease/rental income from the operators all year round.

:lol:

I thought this was an 'if you were a billionaire mega-tycoon' thread and here I am getting told off for train scheduling and property development strategies.

If I was a billionaire I'd pretty much demolish the whole Northam estate to the East of the main road from SMS up to the Northam Bridge and build a new Marina, complete with apartments, bars and restaurants. I'd build a 20 storey apartment block in the middle and have an indoor ski centre starting from the top floor, ending at a massive 'Oasis' style indoor swimming centre with a wave pool and water slides. I'd put a large multistorey where the gas works are and a train station next to it where the sh*t green bridge is now.

I'd put a wide road and pathway from the Northam multistorey, North up to the main road. Where it joins the A3024 I'd make a crossroads onto a new dual carriage way, running parallel to the train tracks out of the city. Basically where Hartington road is now, joining Thomas Lewis Way, just South of St Denys Station and dual all the way to the M27. No f**king around, one major artery running from the motorway right to the city centre, by the stadium.

Yes, I'm bored at work today.

I thought this was an 'if you were a billionaire mega-tycoon' thread and here I am getting told off for train scheduling and property development strategies.

If I was a billionaire I'd pretty much demolish the whole Northam estate to the East of the main road from SMS up to the Northam Bridge and build a new Marina, complete with apartments, bars and restaurants. I'd build a 20 storey apartment block in the middle and have an indoor ski centre starting from the top floor, ending at a massive 'Oasis' style indoor swimming centre with a wave pool and water slides. I'd put a large multistorey where the gas works are and a train station next to it where the sh*t green bridge is now.

I'd put a wide road and pathway from the Northam multistorey, North up to the main road. Where it joins the A3024 I'd make a crossroads onto a new dual carriage way, running parallel to the train tracks out of the city. Basically where Hartington road is now, joining Thomas Lewis Way, just South of St Denys Station and dual all the way to the M27. No f**king around, one major artery running from the motorway right to the city centre, by the stadium.

But what beer would we have in the concourse?

The train, as I explained to Kraken. Just to add, more people would use trains if there was a direct link to/from SMS. It would save a lot of traffic congestion..

When Lowe was in charge he claimed that the train company/council told him they would fund the development of a new station at St.Mary's. Once they saw the full cost they then offered to pay part of the money with the club having to raise the rest. According to Lowe this was still too much for them to invest. He didn't state the full costs but suggested it was in the 10million + bracket (something to do with changing the lines - it looks simple but apparently is far from it) so this will never get done unless we do actually have a billionaire who is happy to throw money around.

this is...impressive and worringly well thought out

Original poster said billionaire owner right?

Well in that case the first thing I'd do is make tickets free. I can't be arsed to think or worry about how that would work, my staff would sort that out.

Yeah ok we will need a bigger gaf to put you all in. No worries. Character, safe standing, better access, right beer etc. Will all be incorporated, as will stands that are right up close to the pitch like the Dell instead of half a mile away. Oh and all the traffic nightmare, that will all be sorted....somehow, by er, my people.

Anything new fangled (I will decide on that, but roughly speaking taking us back to pre 1985) won't be allowed. No wifi, no fans taking selfies or bringing in iPads, no corporate hospitality, no big screens...maybe big screens. I'd need to think this one through better.That won't mean I can't return to even older days either meaning no sponsors on shirts and no crappy half time entertainment. I am looking to take the match day experience (I ****ing hate myself for typing that) back to 1985, but without the violence. Just football. Nothing else. I don't want to move with the times (watching wise), I want a club that is traditional in every way possible. In terms of the team and training etc they can be as forward thinking as they like.

The home kit would have Navy blue shorts and players would have to wear black boots. Er....not sure that else. Maybe some sort of tardis like area under the stands where everyone can get a comfy seat to drink their half time beer assuming it still can't be drunk in the stands.

Depending on how many billions I might even build one of those underwater hotel complexes and stadium on reclaimed land by the waters edge just to show the skates what they might have got if one of their phantom owners had been really rich.

Edited by Chez

Original poster said billionaire owner right?

Well in that case the first thing I'd do is make tickets free. I can't be arsed to think or worry about how that would work, my staff would sort that out.

Yeah ok we will need a bigger gaf to put you all in. No worries. Character, safe standing, better access, right beer etc. Will all be incorporated, as will stands that are right up close to the pitch like the Dell instead of half a mile away. Oh and all the traffic nightmare, that will all be sorted....somehow, by er, my people.

Anything new fangled (I will decide on that, but roughly speaking taking us back to pre 1985) won't be allowed. No wifi, no fans taking selfies or bringing in iPads, no corporate hospitality, no big screens...maybe big screens. I'd need to think this one through better.That won't mean I can't return to even older days either meaning no sponsors on shirts and no crappy half time entertainment. I am looking to take the match day experience (I ****ing hate myself for typing that) back to 1985, but without the violence. Just football. Nothing else. I don't want to move with the times (watching wise), I want a club that is traditional in every way possible. In terms of the team and training etc they can be as forward thinking as they like.

The home kit would have Navy blue shorts and players would have to wear black boots. Er....not sure that else. Maybe some sort of tardis like area under the stands where everyone can get a comfy seat to drink their half time beer assuming it still can't be drunk in the stands.

Depending on how many billions I might even build one of those underwater hotel complexes and stadium on reclaimed land by the waters edge just to show the skates what they might have got if one of their phantom owners had been really rich.

:thumbup: