2016 summer window HCDAJFU

mcbendy

as for " people " who can DAJFU......

I'd like Les Reed to sign...... a really top grade Manager.....and oversee the transfer of " even better " players than those we have lost / may lose .

For my money, that'd be worth a bonus to Les.

I'm hoping for an average-at-best manager and I'd like to see us replace any outgoing players with complete dross...

Vilhena stays at Feyenoord, he just signed a new 2-year contract. Some on this forum would have liked him to play for the Saints but in my opinion he's not ready for the PL at this moment. Good decision from him and his father to stay...

Agree with that, when I came over and watched him last year in a league game, he showed promise but as you say not ready yet. Hope it turns out ok for him, he has some talent. Good to see some loyalty from a young player.

Twente win their appeal and stay in the Eredivisie. Any club hoping to get Ziyech will have to pay the money. (http://www.nu.nl/voetbal/4278572/fc-twente-wint-beroepszaak-en-blijft-in-eredivisie.html)

**** aint over yet for them. De Graafschap just announced they are taking the Dutch FA to court over this. Going to be interesting since Twente lost their case in court but then a commission overruled/ignored it. This is such a big mess.

Surprised to see the likes of Ben Arfa and Berahinio linked to us and fans so positive about them. After the Osvaldo saga surely we all want real team players in the, erm, team?

Ben Arfa is the Puel link.

On Berahino people have made a lot out of one incident, aside from that angry tweet probably done in haste what other 'bad boy' things has he done? Think he had a falling out with Uwe Rosler when on loan. From what Pulis and other players have said his approach to training is very professional and played as normal for West Brom, there were no strikes or anything. I mean to be honest his reaction was not really any worse than Morgans and Wanyamas were after being told they couldn't get the moves they wanted?

Ben Arfa is the Puel link.

On Berahino people have made a lot out of one incident, aside from that angry tweet probably done in haste what other 'bad boy' things has he done? Think he had a falling out with Uwe Rosler when on loan. From what Pulis and other players have said his approach to training is very professional and played as normal for West Brom, there were no strikes or anything. I mean to be honest his reaction was not really any worse than Morgans and Wanyamas were after being told they couldn't get the moves they wanted?

Think there was a "laughing gas" incident too.

**** aint over yet for them. De Graafschap just announced they are taking the Dutch FA to court over this. Going to be interesting since Twente lost their case in court but then a commission overruled/ignored it. This is such a big mess.

If we want Ziyech I think we would just get on with it. We could sit around for months hoping to save a few million quid, all the while throwing away what should be a full and settled pre-season. The Dutch football authorities, like our own, have shown that they have no problem ignoring things like legal due process in the interests of keeping a club in business, so Twente have a better than average chance of winning this one anyway. If they do win, Ziyech may choose to stay, if not his price will go up and we will potentially have competitors.

If we were talking about 20million quid on a player we weren't really sure about it would make sense to wait it out, but the current uncertainty around the club's situation will make both them and him more eager to do business than when it is ultimately resolved.

It's like when we got Davis from Rangers. There was lots of legal wrangling about whether he was still their player and whether his contract was enforceable. In the end we just paid anyway, because it wasn't worth all the messing about.

Still think classing him alongside Osvaldo is harsh.

True. Berahino's biggest mistake was essentially wasting last season IMO.

We moan about Vic's tantrum pre-Europa, but at least he sorted himself out after that.

I need to see a Berahino link reported by a more reputable journo before I believe we want him.

Has anyone worked out how much money our new manager has to spend (Prem money alone was massive this year) plus Wanyama plus Mané)???

We must have £150-200m in the bank surely for transfers?

£10m for NR... How much should we be expecting to spend?

How much extra reinforcement do we need for Europa League and to move up a place this year.

Just trying to work out how much our new manager should be given by Les R.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a feeling that he'll just be given what we make from sales and not much else.

We seem to like being able to say that we improve every year whilst making a profit in transfers

I think you will be right.

be nice if that money was pledged to go on a new tier to one of the stands.

Has anyone worked out how much money our new manager has to spend (Prem money alone was massive this year) plus Wanyama plus Mané)???

We must have £150-200m in the bank surely for transfers?

£10m for NR... How much should we be expecting to spend?

How much extra reinforcement do we need for Europa League and to move up a place this year.

Just trying to work out how much our new manager should be given by Les R.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we have 150/200m to spend then Koeman would of stayed.

IMHO we have 30m plus 80% of the Wanyama and Mane sales.

Have a feeling that he'll just be given what we make from sales and not much else.

I'm pretty much happy with that to be honest. I figure that we sell in order to buy, and the TV money contributes to wages/new contracts (whilst reducing the overall shareholder debt)

We need a back up keeper for sure. It's going to be hard for a club like ours to persuade someone of real quality to come and sit on our bench. IMO we could do a lot worse than bringing back Bailkowski. Seems to have come on in leaps and bounds since his time with us and I can't imagine Ipswich demanding mega bucks for him. Plus he's obviously still on good terms with the club as he played in Kelvin's testimonial. Thoughts?

I'm pretty much happy with that to be honest. I figure that we sell in order to buy, and the TV money contributes to wages/new contracts (whilst reducing the overall shareholder debt)

how much is this shareholder debt?

I'm informed that Kat has now had roughly 100Million back from of the club. I've heard it from someone reliable in finance. Take that info as you like, i'm not going to have a pointless argument about it's veracity with anyone.

According to the audited accounts, the biggest the debt ever got to was 70 odd million. That debt is now reduced to 60 million, with interest paid to date at 1.3 million What is unclear is whether that last set of accounts, included the Lallana, Shaw, Lovern, Clyne, Chambers and morgan money. It if did, then with last years TV money as well, it would not be inconceivable (Especially now with the Wanyama and Mane money) that the debt is cleared, or at least the money is there to service it.

What is clear now though, is that the club will be self sustaining, so we wont see any huge investment from the owner and transfer money will come from the TV deals and player sales, so poor old saintRobbie, is going to be massively disappointed if he thinks there is a kitty of 200 million.

Additionally people seem to forget we have a fairly large squad and without pretending to know the full in's and out's of the Financial fair play rules, am guessing last season we weren't a million miles away from our limit of what could be spent on wages.

I'm informed that Kat has now had roughly 100Million back from of the club. I've heard it from someone reliable in finance. Take that info as you like, i'm not going to have a pointless argument about it's veracity with anyone.

Well, that would be easily verifiable from the accounts.

She's not paid a wage so it would either be a dividend or debt repayments if she's taken money out. It will be there in black and white.

I suspect you're misinformed, to be frank, but it will be obvious in due course.

You are right, it would be pointless arguing it with you, as it would appear in the publicly available accounts... which it hasn't.