New Manager Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Who should replace Ronald Koeman?  

745 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Ronald Koeman?

I remember reading an article about Moyes in which his approach to scouting was the main hook . Evidently he had a room at Everton that only the coaches and scouts used . It that room were walls ( obviously ) but on those walls were the side he had now , and then players in every position that could replace those players in the short , med and long term . It was like a hard version of the black box . It was reckoned that this room co-ordinated every move months and years in advance . I'm not saying I want Moyes , but he's not some sort of Arry Redknapp " go out and play son " sort of manager

Exactly. I read similar. He wasn't given time at man u to implement his long term plan as they need immediate results, but I think in the long term he may have been a success. Never given the time sir Alex was afforded.

I remember reading an article about Moyes in which his approach to scouting was the main hook . Evidently he had a room at Everton that only the coaches and scouts used . It that room were walls ( obviously ) but on those walls were the side he had now , and then players in every position that could replace those players in the short , med and long term . It was like a hard version of the black box . It was reckoned that this room co-ordinated every move months and years in advance . I'm not saying I want Moyes , but he's not some sort of Arry Redknapp " go out and play son " sort of manager

This is my first post since the Saints Forever days, but I feel inspired to reply (and I think Spain might just see this match out so I have some time).

I'm sure the description of David Moyes is fair, but this shows exactly why most British managers would be unsuitable for our structure. We don't want a manager to run the club from top to bottom, we want someone to coach the players and make a final decision on potential transfers.

Most British managers don't want to work in that structure unfortunately. David Moyes, for good or ill, would want to control scouting, transfers, the academy etc and would put Les out of a job.

Of course there are enlightened British managers happy to work in our structure as Nigel Adkins did, but there aren't many of them about.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/17/manuel-pellegrini-on-southampton-manager-shortlist/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Claude Puel, Vitor Pereira and Manuel Pellegrini currently on the shortlist. Pellegrini has allegedly given signals that he would be interested in the job. However, it states that the club are exploring all options so that list may not be final.

Also says that there were talks with Garcia, but the club no longer consider him an option.

Club wants manager that plays high pressing football, a history of brining through young players and European experience.

Also says Redmond deal to be confirmed early next week.

Edited by Bewildered

Not on here it wouldn't . The metro sexual football manager playing hipsters need a Monsieur who managed Montpellier before taking charge of Perpinan and leading that team of youngsters to 6th . Unfortunately he was sacked by Young boys of Berne , but Poch was sacked , so that's a good thing .

Speaking of clickbait ... get over yourself. Giggs has not managed a club. Not one. Not ever. He is entirely unproven at the job and has barely done an apprenticeship as a coach. Does he even have all his badges?

Sod me our new manager does not need to be French or even 'continental' but name the English managers with strong records of consistent success, developing youth and being comfortable working with our set up?

There are a few with potential but really not many!

The reveal of that name of a French guy barely anyone has heard of has shaken British football to its very core.

Pellegrini & FdB don't play high-pressing game do they?

Puel doesn t play a high pressing either.

How much of you have watched a one of his teams play in the past?

I've seen nearly all his career in Ligue 1, his football is boring and very defensive. There is no pressing whatsoever.

A very uninspiring choice if we take him.