New Manager Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Who should replace Ronald Koeman?  

745 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Ronald Koeman?

I struggled to follow this article.

The first part appears to be singularly nasty against the club. Standard Ashton fayre.

But he then takes an almighty swipe at Koeman and Everton.

I thought that too. Has a pop at all parties. Nice of him.

Interesting that he said Koeman is only getting £3m a season not the £6-7m mentioned in the press elsewhere.

Chris Bascombe ‏@_ChrisBascombe 4m4 minutes ago

Koeman suggesting Southampton only wanted him to stay if he signed new deal. Indicates would've seen out last year of contract if possible.

Good news that really, means we didn't actually lose him to Everton. We gave him away.

I thought that too. Has a pop at all parties. Nice of him.

Interesting that he said Koeman is only getting £3m a season not the £6-7m mentioned in the press elsewhere.

That's just to justify his 'not all about the money' stance.

He's wrong of course.

- I don't know

- I like the players

- Maybe it's better I don't make more fight with them

It's so obvious that at some point he's going to go for Clasie and Long..Then if they sell Stones VVD. Clasie I think no one would mind the other 2 though we should refuse flat out.

It's so obvious that at some point he's going to go for Clasie and Long..Then if they sell Stones VVD. Clasie I think no one would mind the other 2 though we should refuse flat out.

Will test the resolve of the board who 'only sell players to CL clubs'.

Strange though, despite the tweet from this guy, the only mention of this story on L'equipe's website is just a report that says he's the favourite and cites The Sun as it's source.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Rudi-garcia-vers-southampton/695819

According to the English media, Rudi Garcia is the leading candidate to succeed Ronald Koeman on the bench of Southampton.

Football - Premier League - Rudi Garcia was dismissed at AS Roma in January. (F. Faugère / Reuters)

Rudi Garcia was dismissed at AS Roma in January. (F. Faugère / Reuters)

Announced the side of Seville it a week ago, Rudi Garcia prominently on the shelves of other foreign clubs. Thus the Sun he announced Thursday that the French coach has become, in recent times, the number one candidate to succeed Ronald Koeman, appointed Everton 48 hours earlier. After two and a half seasons at the helm of the Roma, Garcia was sacked in January, and is looking for a new base in a major European Championship. Meanwhile, he is a consultant for TF1 during Euro.

L'Equipe reports that Rudi #Garcia will shortly be confirmed as the new manager of @SouthamptonFC

Strange though, despite the tweet from this guy, the only mention of this story on L'equipe's website is just a report that says he's the favourite and cites The Sun as it's source.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Rudi-garcia-vers-southampton/695819

Yeah, that's the last I read of the Garcia talk last night.

Article that is based on: http://www.ansa.it/sito/notizie/sport/calcio/2016/06/17/mercatogarcia-a-un-passo-da-southampton_2fec27c2-46e7-4e07-b02c-8626cde547b5.html

Google Translation

Market: Garcia just a step from Southampton

Agreement with the former coach Roma, just missing the official

(ANSA) - LONDON, JUNE 17 - The former coach of Roma Rudi Garcia is the favorite for the bench of Southampton. After the departure of Ronald Koeman, who left the Saints to move to Everton, the French coach seems one step away from the transfer to England, to lead the clubs of St Mary's stadium. According to the Sun - it also shows the coordinates of the English bookies, now assured the arrival of the French - the parties would have already reached an agreement in principle, and lacks only the formalization.

ANSA - (Agenzia Nazionale Stampa Associata) - are the main press wire in Italy, so interesting if this story is true.

But why has no one else picked it up...?

because they picked it up from L'Equipe who picked it up from the Sun.

because they picked it up from L'Equipe who picked it up from the Sun.

And that piece from The Sun is based on nothing but betting odds. Which is based on nothing but people guessing and putting money on possible outcomes.

Jesus wept....... :lol:

Edited by Saint-Armstrong

L'Equipe reports that Rudi #Garcia will shortly be confirmed as the new manager of @SouthamptonFC

No.

They are rehashing a story in The Sun. They even cite The Sun as their source, and it doesn't say he will be shortly confirmed as Saints manager, it actually says very little.

According to the English media, Rudi Garcia is the leading candidate to succeed Ronald Koeman on the bench of Southampton.

Announced the side of Seville it a week ago, Rudi Garcia prominently on the shelves of other foreign clubs. Thus the Sun he announced Thursday that the French coach has become, in recent times, the number one candidate to succeed Ronald Koeman, appointed Everton 48 hours earlier. After two and a half seasons at the helm of the Roma, Garcia was sacked in January , and is looking for a new base in a major European Championship. Meanwhile, he is a consultant for TF1 during Euro.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lequipe.fr%2FFootball%2FActualites%2FRudi-garcia-vers-southampton%2F695819%3Fxtref%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2F&edit-text=&act=url

This is how journalism sometimes works...

Day 1 - English paper runs with story

Day 2 - Foreign paper rehashes English story

Day 3 - English paper uses foreign newspapers rehashing to justify their story

Day 4,5,6 etc - repeat

It becomes a loop, with little substance due to constant rehashing of the same original article.

I think Garcia will be our man.

What I find odd though is that a Champions League manager wasn't attracted to a massive club like Everton. Why would he want to go to little 6th place Saints and not bottom half of the table Everton? Bizarre.

he saw their new cladding

I think Garcia will be our man.

What I find odd though is that a Champions League manager wasn't attracted to a massive club like Everton. Why would he want to go to little 6th place Saints and not bottom half of the table Everton? Bizarre.

It was the idea of sitting in their 19th century invented dug outs that put him off