New Manager Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Who should replace Ronald Koeman?  

745 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Ronald Koeman?

Mystery manager is foreign according to JW. Seems to be a 3 man shortlist - Garcia, FDB and Mystery manager. Redmond deal for £8m on the cards.

Maybe it is Joachim Low, although his contract runs to 2018, contracts mean nothing these days. Has a good ball playing philosophy.

FDB was my first choice and still think he could do a great job! Also interested that JW also mentioned the third foreign coach but no name, getting more intriguing by the second

& if K.Billy is saying he hasn't been mentioned on here then he must be a particularly left-field choice.

Nice, a Jeremy Wilson piece.

So we're down to the final three: Garcia, De Boer + mystery man.

Fitness testing is in 12 days so Saints want someone in place soon.

Looking forward to the next development...

We haven't had a Saints related this mysterious since the Magnificent Seven wanted to buy the club.

Deschamps? If it's Remi Garde we are in trouble :)

Probably is Remi Garde, I remember him flying high in the betting last before we got Koeman.

I don't think you can count him out based on his 23 matches at Villa, I don't think even Alex Ferguson could have helped villa last year.

Eduardo Berizzo at Celta Vigo? Another Bielsa disciple.

Vincenzo Montella? Former Fiorentina manager. Only sacked because he fell out with the owner.

Montella would be a good shout. Currently at Sampdoria. I've followed Fiorentinas fortunes for a few years and he was doing a great job until, as you say, a disagreement with owners.

Something to do with 'lack of respect'. Italian owners hire and fire at will though

3x 4th place finishes in Serie A (Europa qualification)

1x Runner up Coppa Italia 2014

Semi final of Europa league 14/15.(lost to Seville)

Worth a look ?!?!

Eduardo Berizzo at Celta Vigo? Another Bielsa disciple.

Vincenzo Montella? Former Fiorentina manager. Only sacked because he fell out with the owner.

Montella would be a good shout. Currently at Sampdoria. I've followed Fiorentinas fortunes for a few years and he was doing a great job until, as you say, a disagreement with owners.

Something to do with 'lack of respect'. Italian owners hire and fire at will though

3x 4th place finishes in Serie A (Europa qualification)

1x Runner up Coppa Italia 2014

Semi final of Europa league 14/15.(lost to Seville)

Worth a look ?!?!

Why the mystery?

I can only think of 3 reasons

He's in a job, so we're basically tapping him up.

He's not in a job , but don't want to alert other clubs that he's available. If this is the case , he must have a pretty poor agent , or is so bad that none of the clubs looking for managers thought of him . I can't believe at his unveiling other clubs are going to be like " oh shiete why didn't we think of him" .

He doesn't exist

Fairly unknown French Manager? Hubert Fournier? Lyon have a famous youth academy and he played a ton of kids. Finished 2nd in Ligue 1. Pretty sure they played 4-3-3 with Lacazette the frontman.

He was replaced by Bruno Genesio around the turn of the year. Don't now if that means we would be looking at the current or previous manager of Lyon. Neither of which mean much to me

The article states we're wary of anyone using us as a stepping stone . If that's the criteria they're using to rule people out ,we'll end up with Nigel again . Won't leave a lot to choose from
I want people to use us as a stepping stone. If Garcia becomes the next Arsenal manager in 2018 then he would have done brilliantly for us. What's the problem?