New Manager Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Who should replace Ronald Koeman?  

745 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Ronald Koeman?

Rudi Garcia odds been slashed from 40/1 in to 4/1 with a few bookies. Might just be someone lumping some £ on him. Anyone heard anything or know much about him?

Had a rep in France as being an attack-minded coach. Pretty good record with Lille.

Develops players from youth set ups.

Was doing well with Roma until they gave him the heave-ho at turn of the year when he suffered his first blip in charge.

I had noted his price had shortened to 20s this afternoon so for it to be now 4s is rather intriguing

Possibly a little 'hipster' for some on here. He'd be on my shortlist with Roger Schmidt, Marcelino, Marco Silva, Phillip Cocu & Valverde ,

Just had the most bizarre and of the wall name thrown at me as in the frame , not gonna say who but you guess , connections to the club as player , has managed at the highest level , in europe and internationally , advocates attacking football , not adverse to bringing through youngsters , would buy into the 5 year plan etc , has been out of work for a while .

??????????????

Kevin Keegan?

Had a rep in France as being an attack-minded coach. Pretty good record with Lille.

Develops players from youth set ups.

Was doing well with Roma until they gave him the heave-ho at turn of the year when he suffered his first blip in charge.

I had noted his price had shortened to 20s this afternoon so for it to be now 4s is rather intriguing

Possibly a little 'hipster' for some on here. He'd be on my shortlist with Roger Schmidt, Marcelino, Marco Silva, Phillip Cocu & Valverde ,

Garcia not remotely hipster.

Experience at multiple clubs in multiple countries, European qualification, European experience, genuine, measurable success. Second place, twice in Serie A.

Easily fits the job spec.

Hipster is going all wet about someone who's just been relegated managing some two-bob team.

A good read. Thanks.

Roma have had some players recently, haven't they?

They've got Florenzi there, very highly rated. Manolas the CB, who is wanted by lots of clubs. I think they have (or had) our old friend Astori too..!

Then they have Nainggolan in midfield, Pjanic (well, they did), Strootman (when he's fit). I think they sold Lamela and Osvaldo when he was manager there.

They also started the season with the best defence in Europe, we weren't far behind either at that time...

And for what it's worth, Southampton appointed Garcia in my FM game after Koeman was sacked.

It's in the stars.

They've got Florenzi there, very highly rated. Manolas the CB, who is wanted by lots of clubs. I think they have (or had) our old friend Astori too..!

Then they have Nainggolan in midfield, Pjanic (well, they did), Strootman (when he's fit). I think they sold Lamela and Osvaldo when he was manager there.

They also started the season with the best defence in Europe, we weren't far behind either at that time...

And for what it's worth, Southampton appointed Garcia in my FM game after Koeman was sacked.

It's in the stars.

Astori! An old annual transfer window link I'd forgotten about!

I reckon Garcia might be on the list. For some reason I have a hunch it will be somebody who's not in work.

It's in the stars.

Garcia would certainly be worth an interview and fits everything we've heard from the ITKs around criteria. He's managed some serious players at Roma and Lille and bags of European experience. Don't know if language might be an issue but MP did OK!

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport

If odds dropping on Rudi Garcia being next #saintsfc are doing so for good reason, I would be pretty excited if I were a #saintsfc fan

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport

Garcia fits #saintsfc bill - makes impact at clubs, happy to play youth, has an attacking style of play & lots of European experience

Has Rudi signed yet?

#skaceljokes

This guy Garcia sounds good. Annoyingly we will just have to get used to the fact that whoever we appoint, if they're a success, they'll be off after a couple of years, and Garcia seems to have high stock in the game. Future French manager? I'd take a punt in him though. I'm still hoping we can appoint someone this week though.