08/09 - 5th in Ligue 1

09/10 - 4th in Ligue 1

10/11 - 1st in Ligue 1

11/12 - 3rd in Ligue 1

12/13 - 6th in Ligue 1 (moved to Roma)

13/14 - 2nd in Serie A

14/15 - 2nd in Serie A

15/16 - Sacked by Roma in January

Impressive in fairness other than one or two years, seems like a lot think that the Roma sacking was a bit unfair too.

Get him !! Get him now! And show the stupid ginger and the blue noses what actual ambition looks like. runner up at the serie regular champs league attendance, managing high caliber players such as the ones we got now, impressive!... Would be such a drag if we hire someone in the moyes league after being linked with brilliance like this.

Mystery man still hasn't been mentioned anywhere but has held talks with the club along with Rudi. No idea who is the favourite though.

Cheers for update. Are you able to say what country or continent the 'mystery man' comes from?

Mystery man still hasn't been mentioned anywhere but has held talks with the club along with Rudi. No idea who is the favourite though.

I don't understand why you can't tell us mystery man when you've listed other names, some of which are/were already employed at other clubs.

Why are Pelligrini, Emery and Howe are ok to be named but not Mysteron the Mysterious?

A bit odd KBS.

Signed Dimitri Payet, developed Obraniak, Michel Bastos and Eden Hazard as a youngster.

Signed Gervinho twice, once to Lille and once to Roma and he was a star for both sides.

Will be worth looking at how he got on with Totti & De Rossi - both legends at Roma.

I don't understand why you can't tell us mystery man when you've listed other names, some of which are/were already employed at other clubs.

Why are Pelligrini, Emery and Howe are ok to be named but not Mysteron the Mysterious?

A bit odd KBS.

Not really odd. K Billy can only give out various info and if the 'mystery man' is going to be our new manager, as much as we'd all like to know, he can't tell us until the club say it first!

But some clues would be nice haha!

Not really odd. K Billy can only give out various info and if the 'mystery man' is going to be our new manager, as much as we'd all like to know, he can't tell us until the club say it first!

But some clues would be nice haha!

But KBS has specifically named some managers who it also might be - if he us only naming them as a smokescreen then that's even more odd.

Guan and KBS have been good ITKs so not knocking him but having a "mystery man" isn't particularly useful info.

But KBS has specifically named some managers who it also might be - if he us only naming them as a smokescreen then that's even more odd.

Guan and KBS have been good ITKs so not knocking him but having a "mystery man" isn't particularly useful info.

It's a bit like a **** episode of Scooby Doo. I hope the pesky kids don't unmask the mystery man and its someone uninspiring.

For those who don't want to wade the internet, quick summary of Garcia's managerial career...

52-year-old three-time French Manager of the Year in 2011, 2013 and 2014 and won the French title and French Cup with Lille before getting the Roma job.

Started off in the lower league with Corbeil, saved them from relegation and then moved on to Saint-Etienne as a physio after a spell with Ilê-de-France. He then progressed to become scout, chief opposition scout and then assistant coach, before taking over as manager with the club headed for relegation. This time he didn't turn it around and he left.

He then became Dijon manager and got them promoted from the third tier to the second tier and took them to the semi-final of the French Cup.

Next up was Le Mans, where he took them to a 9th placed finish in Ligue 1 and a semi-final appearance in the French League Cup.

After his success with Le Mans, he moved to Lille in 2008, replacing Claude Puel who was criticising for boring football. Garcia turned them into an attractive attacking side, bringing through and improving Obraniak, Michel Bastos and a young Eden Hazard. He took them to their best league finish in four seasons and qualified for the Europa League.

He was sacked after a row with a board member, but after the board member himself was sacked soon after, Garcia was offered his old job back just 16 days after his sacking and he accepted and returned to the role of Lille manager.

They then improved once again the next season, moving up to 4th and being the highest scorers in France, before beating PSG in the French Cup final the following season and lifting the league title to seal a league and cup double, Lille's first trophies since 1955.

Left Lille to take over after Roma finished 6th and the club's fans were pretty much at war with the club. Finished second to Juventus in two full seasons in charge of Roma, where he built one of the two tightest defences in Europe. (the other being Saints under Pochettino...)

He then got sacked after one win in seven league games in January.

He has a strong reputation for being an advocate of adventurous attacking football and developing young talent, largely at odds with the general coaching approach of many French coaches.

League finishes in top flight European leagues...

Le Mans

07/08 - 9th in Ligue 1 + cup semi-final

Lille

08/09 - 5th in Ligue 1

09/10 - 4th in Ligue 1

10/11 - 1st in Ligue 1 + French Cup win - (first trophies for Lille since 1955)

11/12 - 3rd in Ligue 1

12/13 - 6th in Ligue 1 - (at the time he left to take the Roma job...)

AS Roma

13/14 - 2nd in Serie A

14/15 - 2nd in Serie A

15/16 - sacked by Roma in January after one win in seven

Garcia said to be looking for an ambitious project and has a record of hanging around. Managed three or more season with four of his clubs.

Time spent at clubs and reason for leaving...

l'ASCE: 1994-1998 - (left to become a physio, then scout, then assistant coach at Saint-Etienne)

Saint-Etienne: 2001-2002 - (sacked as joint-manager alongside Jean-Guy Wallemme after they failed to save the club from relegation)

Dijon: 2002-2007 - (left to move up to Ligue 1 with Le Mans)

Le Mans: 2007-2008 - (left to take over Lille)

Lille: 2008-2013 - (left to take over at Roma)

Roma: 2013-2016 - (sacked after one win in seven in Serie A)

I believe they are at the moment. If i'm honest neither were well known to me so can't say anything for or against either candidate but both would be intresting. It would to many of our fans be like when Poch was appointed, many asking who?.

You believe they are what? Uninspiring?

Hmmm, well let's wait for the appointment before jumping to conclusions.

So is the mystery man Elnesto Valverde of Bilbao?

He is 52 though which seems to go against Guan's "young" hints.

Only other ones that I can think of that might be in the running but haven't been mentioned are Loew and Dunga (just fired and total gamble).

My understand was that K Billy was answering the following question from BirchSaint, above: 'Are these two out ahead? Would you be happy with the mystery man?'

Ah yes that sounds likelier. Thanks

Hope the club do get this spot on.

I believe they are at the moment. If i'm honest neither were well known to me so can't say anything for or against either candidate but both would be intresting. It would to many of our fans be like when Poch was appointed, many asking who?.

Eduardo Berrizo?

46 years old, only been managing in Europe since 2014 when he was brought in from the Chilean league to take

over from Luis Enrique at Celta Vigo and has improved their position in the two seasons he has been there.

Someone needs to draft in a real football hipster to drag up all the most obscure names.

Eduardo Berrizo?

46 years old, only been managing in Europe since 2014 when he was brought in from the Chilean league to take

over from Luis Enrique at Celta Vigo and has improved their position in the two seasons he has been there.

Someone needs to draft in a real football hipster to drag up all the most obscure names.

Shortly after leaving Marseille, Berizzo spoke out against alleged homosexuality in France:

"A bunch of faggots is what you have in French football. There are so many homosexual players there, they always provoke you, they touch your thighs, your bum, to see if you will give some kind of signal. I feel disgusted when a homosexual shares the same shower and stares at one's bum with desire, and even gets emotional when you are naked."

— Berizzo quoted in a Daily Telegraph Article.

:uhoh:

Shortly after leaving Marseille, Berizzo spoke out against alleged homosexuality in France:

"A bunch of faggots is what you have in French football. There are so many homosexual players there, they always provoke you, they touch your thighs, your bum, to see if you will give some kind of signal. I feel disgusted when a homosexual shares the same shower and stares at one's bum with desire, and even gets emotional when you are naked."

— Berizzo quoted in a Daily Telegraph Article.

:uhoh:

OK, so maybe he won't be showing up in the PL any time this millenium.

Adds to the mystery though

Called Garcia back on page 14 and still a fan. Would be great news if we can get him. Definite step up from Koeman manager pedigree wise. Blooded 9 academy players in his 2.5 years at Roma, plays 4-3-3, took a club of similar stature in Lille up the table. My favourite stat is still him leading at halftime 51 times during his time at Roma, from there he won 46 times, drew 5 times, never lost. That suggests he breeds discipline and focus in the team and has the tactical nous to counter tactical counters. If we get him it's a coup imo.

Called Garcia back on page 14 and still a fan. Would be great news if we can get him. Definite step up from Koeman manager pedigree wise. Blooded 9 academy players in his 2.5 years at Roma, plays 4-3-3, took a club of similar stature in Lille up the table. My favourite stat is still him leading at halftime 51 times during his time at Roma, from there he won 46 times, drew 5 times, never lost. That suggests he breeds discipline and focus in the team and has the tactical nous to counter tactical counters. If we get him it's a coup imo.

Rudi just sounds better and better.

Kaiser Chiefs- Rudi chant too eh ;)