New Manager Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Who should replace Ronald Koeman?  

745 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Ronald Koeman?

He did his bit, especially good vs the better teams even if he did have a bad habit of being complacent and lacking concentration against weaker sides.

Thing is 11m is probably the sort of money we will pay to replace him, but with his contract situation it was going to be difficult to get much more than that.

He did his bit, especially good vs the better teams even if he did have a bad habit of being complacent and lacking concentration against weaker sides.

Thing is 11m is probably the sort of money we will pay to replace him, but with his contract situation it was going to be difficult to get much more than that.

Wrong thread? [emoji6]

Simon Peach just tweeted saying Garica appointment highly unlikely now

"I'm told Rudi Garcia is highly unlikely to become the next #SaintsFC manager. Club spoke to him but looking elsewhere for Koeman replacement"

"#SaintsFC looking at & speaking to a few candidates - names seem to vary from well-known managers to promising ones"

Simon Peach just tweeted saying Garica appointment highly unlikely now

"I'm told Rudi Garcia is highly unlikely to become the next #SaintsFC manager. Club spoke to him but looking elsewhere for Koeman replacement"

"#SaintsFC looking at & speaking to a few candidates - names seem to vary from well-known managers to promising ones"

Disappointing. I'd fallen in love with over the last six days.

As long as we don't appoint La Liga relegation boy I'm comfortable the club won't coc k this up.

I hope it is this frog Puel and not some remi garde type, ffs

Just dreading us appointing a "look at us, aren't we clever" left field appointment. Actual, measurable success and relevant experience please. Please.

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport 17s

hope not many people put money on Rudi Garcia to be next #saintsfc boss - I don't believe he's in the running

So just to confirm, the ITKs and well informed journalists are certain we have spoken or are intrested in:

- Claude Puel

- Didier Deschamps

- Vitor Perreira

- Frank de Boer

Rudi Garcia has dropped out we understand.

Any names I have missed or can be removed from the list?

Just dreading us appointing a "look at us, aren't we clever" left field appointment. Actual, measurable success and relevant experience please. Please.

Then spin it that he was always our first choice (with ambitions of champions league thrown in to please the masses)

So just to confirm, the ITKs and well informed journalists are certain we have spoken or are intrested in:

- Claude Puel

- Didier Deschamps

- Vitor Perreira

- Frank de Boer

Rudi Garcia has dropped out we understand.

Any names I have missed or can be removed from the list?

Just to quote myself, I dont know where DD came from, thought I read that we were talking to 3 French managers (or their agents), and someone confirmed one of them was Deschamps.

New list then:

- Claude Puel

- Vitor Perreira

- Frank de Boer

A question for the ITKs. Did we rule out Garcia after having spoken to him or did he say no to us?

Why would he rule himself out ? Seems odd.

Doesn't he want to manage Arsenal in two years time or somrthing?.

We've got too many posters too far up their own backsides . Sorry but I'm not trendy , don't play Football manager , or know the manager of Nantes who moved to Malaga in 2014 with a 47% win record , but played the nippers . I don't want to sound like an old dinosaur but had this happened last season and someone suggested Ramieri all the Euro hipsters would have wet themselves laughing . Ryan Giggs - not good enough , not foreign enough , ditto David Moyes & Stebe Bruce . Wjat worked before ain't necessarily going to work again . Giggs will have the respect of the players , has played at the highest level , learnt his trade under one of the greatest managers who ever lived , but is not good enough for us . I don't know if he's worth a go , that's what les reed is paid to decide . Les will be talking to contacts , tapping into sir Alex's knowledge and if he goes with Giggs, that's good enough for me . I just hope his not trying to replicate the sucsess we had with Poch & Ron by appointing by formula . As Leicester showed sometimes thinking out of the box is the best option

We've got too many posters too far up their own backsides . Sorry but I'm not trendy , don't play Football manager , or know the manager of Nantes who moved to Malaga in 2014 with a 47% win record , but played the nippers . I don't want to sound like an old dinosaur but had this happened last season and someone suggested Ramieri all the Euro hipsters would have wet themselves laughing . Ryan Giggs - not good enough , not foreign enough , ditto David Moyes & Stebe Bruce . Wjat worked before ain't necessarily going to work again . Giggs will have the respect of the players , has played at the highest level , learnt his trade under one of the greatest managers who ever lived , but is not good enough for us . I don't know if he's worth a go , that's what les reed is paid to decide . Les will be talking to contacts , tapping into sir Alex's knowledge and if he goes with Giggs, that's good enough for me . I just hope his not trying to replicate the sucsess we had with Poch & Ron by appointing by formula . As Leicester showed sometimes thinking out of the box is the best option

Don't worry Lord D, the EU campaign will warm back up over the weekend.

We're not talking to Ryan Giggs, there's no way it will be Ryan Giggs. Not sure what this forum has got to do with that.

And Ryan Giggs wouldn't be "thinking out of the box" it would be a virtual cliché of an appointment swooned over by Talksport and the tabloids.

You have indeed hit the nail on the head with this post. You have put out a reasoned response to the hype, and you have pointed out one of football's most irritating groups of supporters, the click-bait fan. Shame I will never agree with your views on the EU. From a swivel eyed loon!

Ryan Giggs - not good enough , not foreign enough , ditto David Moyes & Stebe Bruce . Wjat worked before ain't necessarily going to work again . Giggs will have the respect of the players , has played at the highest level , learnt his trade under one of the greatest managers who ever lived , but is not good enough for us . I don't know if he's worth a go , that's what les reed is paid to decide . Les will be talking to contacts , tapping into sir Alex's knowledge and if he goes with Giggs, that's good enough for me . I just hope his not trying to replicate the sucsess we had with Poch & Ron by appointing by formula . As Leicester showed sometimes thinking out of the box is the best option

The views on Moyes & Bruce is nothing to do with being considered boring and unexciting because they're not continental coaches. More that they are pretty average at best.

Giggs wouldn't have the "respect" of the dressing room . If you want a "formula" to avoid, selecting a manager on the strength of having played for a 'great' is one to steer clear of. Not many who played under Revie, or Clough at Forest have succeeded. For every Martin O'Neill theres a whole list of journeymen managers who never quite made it.

The views on Moyes & Bruce is nothing to do with being considered boring and unexciting because they're not continental coaches. More that they are pretty average at best.

Giggs wouldn't have the "respect" of the dressing room . If you want a "formula" to avoid, selecting a manager on the strength of having played for a 'great' is one to steer clear of. Not many who played under Revie, or Clough at Forest have succeeded. For every Martin O'Neill theres a whole list of journeymen managers who never quite made it.

Steve Bruce is pretty average I'll give you that but I reckon moyes isn't an average manager, he's very hard working and knows his stuff, I reckon if we got him we would be comfortably top 7 most seasons, might not be exciting to watch at times but he's a decent manager. Not that I want him but that's my opinion.

And Ryan Giggs wouldn't be "thinking out of the box" it would be a virtual cliché of an appointment swooned over by Talksport and the tabloids.

Not on here it wouldn't . The metro sexual football manager playing hipsters need a Monsieur who managed Montpellier before taking charge of Perpinan and leading that team of youngsters to 6th . Unfortunately he was sacked by Young boys of Berne , but Poch was sacked , so that's a good thing .

Not on here it wouldn't . The metro sexual football manager playing hipsters need a Monsieur who managed Montpellier before taking charge of Perpinan and leading that team of youngsters to 6th . Unfortunately he was sacked by Young boys of Berne , but Poch was sacked , so that's a good thing .

Really? I want a manager who has experience in a big team and progessive in Europe as that is what we are now, if he's managed in spain, France or England doesn't matter.

Steve Bruce is pretty average I'll give you that but I reckon moyes isn't an average manager, he's very hard working and knows his stuff, I reckon if we got him we would be comfortably top 7 most seasons, might not be exciting to watch at times but he's a decent manager. Not that I want him but that's my opinion.

I remember reading an article about Moyes in which his approach to scouting was the main hook . Evidently he had a room at Everton that only the coaches and scouts used . It that room were walls ( obviously ) but on those walls were the side he had now , and then players in every position that could replace those players in the short , med and long term . It was like a hard version of the black box . It was reckoned that this room co-ordinated every move months and years in advance . I'm not saying I want Moyes , but he's not some sort of Arry Redknapp " go out and play son " sort of manager

Really? I want a manager who has experience in a big team and progessive in Europe as that is what we are now, if he's managed in spain, France or England doesn't matter.

So they have to have managed a " big team " then ? Aberdeen , is that a big team . What about Huddersfield ? This Europe stuff is nonsense , Woy had managed all over Europe & managed big clubs , do you want him?

Have you drunk too much already?