Second Teams

Tac-tics

Perhaps you can clear something up for me then.

Why is it called Armenia Bielefeld, when the town is just called Bielefeld and Armenia is another COUNTRY?

From wikipedia:

"DSC Arminia Bielefeld (full name: Deutscher Sportclub Arminia Bielefeld e. V.; also known as "Die Arminen" or "Die Blauen" is a German sports club from Bielefeld, North Rhine-Westphalia. Arminia offers the sports of Football, Field hockey, Figure skating and Cue sports. The club has 11,124 members and the club colours are black, white and blue. Arminia‘s name derives from the Cheruscian chieftain Arminius, who defeated a Roman army in the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest."

Perhaps you can clear something up for me then.

Why is it called Armenia Bielefeld, when the town is just called Bielefeld and Armenia is another COUNTRY?

Check the spelling, Arminia Bielefeld as opposed to the country Armenia :D

By the way I didn't give their full title, it's DSC (Deutscher Sport-Club) Arminia Bielefeld.

From wikipedia:

"DSC Arminia Bielefeld (full name: Deutscher Sportclub Arminia Bielefeld e. V.; also known as "Die Arminen" or "Die Blauen" is a German sports club from Bielefeld, North Rhine-Westphalia. Arminia offers the sports of Football, Field hockey, Figure skating and Cue sports. The club has 11,124 members and the club colours are black, white and blue. Arminia‘s name derives from the Cheruscian chieftain Arminius, who defeated a Roman army in the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest."

Sorry Colin, didn't see this post before I replied.

Sorry Colin, didn't see this post before I replied.

No problem mate. Quite an interesting fact really. Shame no english team hasn't named themselves after Boudica....

....On second thoughts...

AFC Boudica Ipswich/Norwich/Colchester.

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it! :D

From wikipedia:

Righty-ho, thanks very much.

Careful who you are booo'ing colin. What have Margate ever won? Also, both Gillingham and Deal have piers, so there.

Eight Kent senior cup winners

Four Kent league champions

Two Kent league cup winners

Two Southern league cup winners

Plus six various Southern league champions (1 x Premier, 1 x division 1, 1 x First Division South, 1 x Central section, 1 x Eastern section, 1 x Midweek section) Gillingham and Deal piers have not won any footie trophies :D

Of the Kiel variety :p Worn my GBA shirt many times to SF/SW training :)

As you might know GBA and Ajax (one of my second teams) used to have a cooperation agreement. The cooperation ended a few years ago when Ajax grew tired of making ends meet at GBA and not getting that much rewards. But now all of a sudden the rewards are coming. There are currently 3 former GBA players in the Ajax first team and they've sold quite a few of them for some cash as well over the years (Vandamme, de Mul). Maybe they decided to pull the plug just a bit too early. Although I'm quite sure there is a lot of resentment against Ajax among the GBA supporters.

Eight Kent senior cup winners

Four Kent league champions

Two Kent league cup winners

Two Southern league cup winners

Plus six various Southern league champions (1 x Premier, 1 x division 1, 1 x First Division South, 1 x Central section, 1 x Eastern section, 1 x Midweek section) Gillingham and Deal piers have not won any footie trophies :D

Wow! Thanks for the back up! haha.

Harchester United .. although I think the club exploded and is no more.

Redburn Rovers FC .. (of the Earl of Boote, aka "Gorgeous Gus", fame) .. also alas no more

back on this planet ..

I have a soft spot for Norwich similar size club and challenges, good loyal fans and always enjoyed my away days there (although not at the expense of us going down - hopefully we will both stay up) ..

.. plus from the start of this season only Leicester City as I wish NP all the best and have backed them at 6/1 to win the league.

Edited by KK the 2nd

Wow! Thanks for the back up! haha.

Could either you or your new friend post results of previous meetings between these two GIANTS of Kent football please? I feel that this would end this debate once and for all.

I think Maidstone are our biggets rival, not Dreamland United colin.

All joking aside, I do love Margate, so many happy childhood memories.

.. plus from the start of this season only Leicester City as I wish NP all the best and have backed them at 6/1 to win the league.

Out of interest, if Saints were to play Leicester under the current regimes, who would people want to win, and why?

I am Saints all the way before someone starts shouting names at me.

Just wait until they play the Georgia Bulldogs one day!

Terre Haute - Famous for anything other than Larry Bird?

Any women's team with a website called georgiadogs.com have gotta be scary. ISU run from nobody though - bring it on!

The only other thing Terre Haute is famous for is the 'The Walk'

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_State_University#The_Walk )

• 12 years later...

Now I am living in Carlisle (since 2015) I go and watch Carlisle and Annan quite often.

I also always look out for - Ajax and NEC and Wimbledon. By association I look out for far to many teams and hope they do well as they are friends of mine. Hibs, Killies, Dundee Utd, Blackburn, Reading, and Sunderland.