Blasphemy and Duck Rape

Yorkshire Saint

39 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Why aren't you reminding me of you excuse for the evil genocidal flood creating God? That is wriggling.

I dont need too, we've already covered that point and more than once as well, there is no need to cover it again just because you dont like or understand the answer. 

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

Let's take one of them...

I claim the story of the global flood was a genocide by an evil God.

The answer I got here was that the people God killed were not humans. That is nonsense with no evidence to support it.

Also so what if they weren't human? Killing them all in a flood is still an evil act and still genocide.

The arguments against my other points were just as bizarre. 

MLG, the last time you wanted to discuss the bible I wasn't interested, and I'm not now. I don't read the bible. Have the discussion with someone who's interested mate. 

1 minute ago, egg said:

I'm not sure where this has come from. There are competing theories about the creation of earth. They're not theories I'm discussing - I believe in the scientific big bang for what it's worth, although the source of what went bang needs explaining. 

If other people subscribe to the alternative non scientific creation theory, good luck to them. 

You appear to have a fundamental misunderstanding of the different uses of the word theory.

A scientific theory is not a guess.

'Creation theory' is not using the word theory using the scientific definition and usage of the word theory.

- Beliefs impact actions

- Actions impact people

Irrational beliefs cause harm to society. That is why you should care.

You should want to believe as many true things and as few false things as possible. Science is the path to doing that, not religion which claims without evidence it already has the answer.

Bollox. If someone believes that God created the heaven and the earth etc, explain how that belief alone could possibly "impact actions" and that those "actions impact people". 

Give an actual proper answer, not your usual drivel and spin. 

3 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

You appear to have a fundamental misunderstanding of the different uses of the word theory.

A scientific theory is not a guess.

'Creation theory' is not using the word theory using the scientific definition and usage of the word theory.

Again, bollox. A scientific theory is a scientific theory, but a theory can be non scientific.  

Have a little look at the correct definition of theory. Google is your friend. 

Edited by egg

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I dont need too, we've already covered that point and more than once as well, there is no need to cover it again just because you dont like or understand the answer. 

I honestly can not remember your answer to why it isn't genocide. Many Christians believe the flood story is the literal truth. How is drowning millions of people not evil? Even if you think it is a moral tale and not literally true, those people did not deserve to die. Killing them is evil.

5 minutes ago, egg said:

Bollox. If someone believes that God created the heaven and the earth etc, explain how that belief alone could possibly "impact actions" and that those "actions impact people". 

The scripture itself says it shouldn't be cherry picked. So if you believe the creation myth then you are instructed by the scripture to believe the rest or it is fallible and not the perfect word of a deity. Those beliefs impact your actions in every day life and your actions impact others.

10 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Your second sentence is a logical incoherent mess.

My second sentence is a typo because I gave your nonsense the lack of attention it deserved. 

I meant to say, as well you know, A scientific theory is a scientific theory, but a theory can be non scientific. 

15 minutes ago, egg said:

You’ve deliberately chosen the most harmless belief to make your point. For centuries people have been beheaded and burned alive for heresy, blasphemy, witchcraft and sodomy. It’s still going on today in many parts of the world.

Religion harms society.

9 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

The scripture itself says it shouldn't be cherry picked. So if you believe the creation myth then you are instructed by the scripture to believe the rest or it is fallible and not the perfect word of a deity. Those beliefs impact your actions in every day life and your actions impact others.

So I got drivel. Predictable. Let's assume my Aunt Mary likes the idea that God created heaven and earth etc, how could that belief actually harm anyone and/or impact her daily actions? Just give one hypothetical. Just one. 

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

You’ve deliberately chosen the most harmless belief to make your point. For centuries people have been beheaded and burned alive for heresy, blasphemy, witchcraft and sodomy. It’s still going on today in many parts of the world.

Religion harms society.

Err, read what was being discussed mate. The point was on the creation theory as opposed to big bang. That topic is pointless enough, I ain't expanding the discussion. 

4 minutes ago, egg said:

A scientific theory is a scientific theory, but a theory can be non scientific. 

Only because there are multiple usages of the word theory.

When used in science a theory is not a guess, it is supported with demonstrable testable evidence.

In other usage a theory can be a guess as the word has multiple definitions.

'Creation theory' is not in any way a scientific theory as it has not falsifiable, demonstrable, testable, repeatable evidence to support it.

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

Only because there are multiple usages of the word theory.

When used in science a theory is not a guess, it is supported with demonstrable testable evidence.

In other usage a theory can be a guess as the word has multiple definitions.

'Creation theory' is not in any way a scientific theory as it has not falsifiable, demonstrable, testable, repeatable evidence to support it.

Yeah, in your would there's the theory that you believe in. I know that. I repeat, nobody is saying that the creation theory is scientific, but it's still a theory. I get the distinct impression that as you don't subscribe to that theory that you can't accept that it is a wildly held theory that others can subscribe to.

You're not God's only child Matthew. 

6 minutes ago, egg said:

So I got drivel. Predictable. Let's assume my Aunt Mary likes the idea that God created heaven and earth etc, how could that belief actually harm anyone and/or impact her daily actions? Just give one hypothetical. Just one. 

I'm not sure why you've restricted this solely to creation. But as you have... believing an idea just because you like it is harmful as it restricts human development. It is healthy to say you don't know an answer to a question, that gives the motivation to seek the evidence that gives an answer. Religion claims to have the answers already and that its followers don't need to search anymore. That is a harmful mindset both for yourself and to pass on to those you interact with.

Just now, egg said:

Yeah, in your would there's the theory that you believe in. I know that. I repeat, nobody is saying that the creation theory is scientific, but it's still a theory. I get the distinct impression that as you don't subscribe to that theory that you can't accept that it is a wildly held theory that others can subscribe to.

You're not God's only child Matthew. 

You know word's can have more than one usage don't you? The 'theory of gravity' is not using the word theory in the same way that someone says 'I have a theory John Westwood is literally a fish'.

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

I'm not sure why you've restricted this solely to creation. But as you have... believing an idea just because you like it is harmful as it restricts human development. It is healthy to say you don't know an answer to a question, that gives the motivation to seek the evidence that gives an answer. Religion claims to have the answers already and that its followers don't need to search anymore. That is a harmful mindset both for yourself and to pass on to those you interact with.

Tell me about my Aunt Mary. She's not religious, but she believes that God (not an all loving God, just what she calls God) created the heaven and earth. According to you, that belief impacts on her actions on a day to day basis. How on a daily basis is her belief "harmful" to others.

Say she went shopping then had to phone the bank, how does her believing that God created heaven and earth harm the people she encountered that day. 

I'm genuinely intrigued now cos I thought Aunt Mary was alright but maybe I should be a bit scared of her. 

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

@egg

Maybe the Royal Institution of Science can help you understand different usages of 'theory'

I understand the idea MLG. It's you that believes only a scientific theory is a theory. Broaden your horizons. 

Just now, egg said:

I understand the idea MLG. It's you that believes only a scientific theory is a theory. Broaden your horizons. 

You clearly have not remotely understood because your second sentence is a mess again. I said no such thing. 

Claiming Elvis is still alive is a theory in one usage of the word theory. But it is not a scientific theory.

Give the video a watch.

8 minutes ago, egg said:

Tell me about my Aunt Mary. She's not religious, but she believes that God (not an all loving God, just what she calls God) created the heaven and earth. According to you, that belief impacts on her actions on a day to day basis. How on a daily basis is her belief "harmful" to others.

Say she went shopping then had to phone the bank, how does her believing that God created heaven and earth harm the people she encountered that day. 

I'm genuinely intrigued now cos I thought Aunt Mary was alright but maybe I should be a bit scared of her. 

Claims such as the God she believes in created the heavens and earth prevent her from potentially search an answer supported by evidence. That is a harmful mindset both for yourself and to pass on to those you interact with, it leave you vulnerable to believing all kinds of nonsensical bullshit and being conned. It is puzzling why you think I've said it would be harmful aspects of her life such as shopping or phoning a bank. You've twisted things again.

You clearly have not remotely understood because your second sentence is a mess again. I said no such thing. 

Claiming Elvis is still alive is a theory in one usage of the word theory. But it is not a scientific theory.

Give the video a watch.

MLG, for the last time, a theory does not have to be a scientific theory to be a theory. 

Some people believe in creation. It's not scientific. It's a theory. You don't agree with it, I don't, and I think the only point you're making is that as the theory ain't scientific and you don't agree with it that others can't hold that theory. 

You're one arrogant man.

I've no interest in engaging any more with you. Have a good evening. 

Just now, egg said:

MLG, for the last time, a theory does not have to be a scientific theory to be a theory. 

Some people believe in creation. It's not scientific. It's a theory. You don't agree with it, I don't, and I think the only point you're making is that as the theory ain't scientific and you don't agree with it that others can't hold that theory. 

You're one arrogant man.

I've no interest in engaging any more with you. Have a good evening. 

I have not said otherwise! 🙄 It is bizarre you think I have!

What you haven't seemingly grasped is that there are multiple usages of theory. Watch the video.

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Claims such as the God she believes in created the heavens and earth prevent her from potentially search an answer supported by evidence. That is a harmful mindset both for yourself and to pass on to those you interact with, it leave you vulnerable to believing all kinds of nonsensical bullshit and being conned. It is puzzling why you think I've said it would be harmful aspects of her life such as shopping or phoning a bank. You've twisted things again.

Read what you wrote mate. I appreciate that when you read it back that it makes you look a fool so you'd prefer to deny what you wrote, but you did. 

And if she was all those things she’d be as big a helmet as you are. What a prospect! 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

So... Jesus died in a blood sacrifice to act as a loophole for a set rules his dad created! That is pretty inept for an all knowing deity. Plus, why did his dad requires blood sacrifice? 

He is God - He can do whatever He wants, and He doesn't have to explain any of it to you.

33 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

He is God - He can do whatever He wants, and He doesn't have to explain any of it to you.

If he wants to be considered an all knowing, kind and loving God he has a lot to explain! Because his actions in the old book are anything but kind and loving. He is the cause of some horrendous behaviour in that old book. Inciting rape, committing genocides, endorsing slavery, sexism and homophobia. To ignore these is impossible without making bizarre excuses for such behaviour, none of which is kind and loving!

Edited by Matthew Le God

8 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

So... Jesus died in a blood sacrifice to act as a loophole for a set rules his dad created! That is pretty inept for an all knowing deity. Plus, why did his dad requires blood sacrifice? 

All these questions you seek are answered in the holy book Matthew. Seek and you will find.

13 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Nope... they are not there. Just a story of a horrific deity who is inept, evil and thankfully does not manifest in reality.

Why are you so fucking obsessed with something you don’t even think exists then you freak?

It has a huge negative impact on our society and throughout history around the world. It isn't something to be tolerated, it is harmful.

True. Even people who don’t believe god exists, like yourself, celebrate religious festivals, so we cannot underestimate its impact. 

Just now, Turkish said:

True. Even people who don’t believe god exists, like yourself, celebrate religious festivals, so we cannot underestimate its impact. 

a) Wind up merchant

b) Idiot

c) A little from column a) and a little from column b)

Which are you? I'm leaning towards it being c) 😉😇

31 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

a) Wind up merchant

b) Idiot

c) A little from column a) and a little from column b)

Which are you? I'm leaning towards it being c) 😉😇

a) ignorant

b) hypocrite

c) deluded

d) dull

e) freak

which one are you? I’m going with all 5.

11 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

You’re like the BLM of atheism Matt. Even though you’re essentially correct, you manage to put most people off your cause by being a repetitive, needlessly aggressive drone, who gets on everyone’s nerves. 

53 pages all because he got caught out celebrating Christmas 😂😂😂😂😂

52 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

You’re like the BLM of atheism Matt. Even though you’re essentially correct, you manage to put most people off your cause by being a repetitive, needlessly aggressive drone, who gets on everyone’s nerves. 

Maybe Turkish and others should play the post and not the poster then. I guess they decide not to because they struggle with a rebuttal, so focus on it being me who posted it.

5 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Maybe Turkish and others should play the post and not the poster then. I guess they decide not to because they struggle with a rebuttal, so focus on it being me who posted it.

You’ve been desperately bumping this thread for months trying to get people to carry on engaging on a thread you’ve been owned on over and over again and now people should the post not the poster. Brilliant!!

Sarcastic Laugh GIF by memecandy

10 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

If he wants to be considered an all knowing, kind and loving God he has a lot to explain! Because his actions in the old book are anything but kind and loving. He is the cause of some horrendous behaviour in that old book. Inciting rape, committing genocides, endorsing slavery, sexism and homophobia. To ignore these is impossible without making bizarre excuses for such behaviour, none of which is kind and loving!

Why does He have to explain anything ? Who are you to make such demands of He who created you, and loves you so much that He permits your continued existence despite your continual intransigent insolence ?

Just now, Turkish said:

You’ve been desperately bumping this thread for months trying to get people to carry on engaging on a thread you’ve been owned on over and over again and now people should the post not the poster. Brilliant!!

Lots of people bump it. Whelk was the one who bumped it this time, not me!

I haven't been owned once in the thread. I've unpicked all of your claims over for example 'celebrating Christmas' etc numerous times. You continue to fail to grasp it and repeat the same accusations.

6 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Why does He have to explain anything ? Who are you to make such demands of He who created you, and loves you so much that He permits your continued existence despite your continual intransigent insolence ?

At no point did I say he had to. As I know the god as described in the Bible does not exist (due to the self contradictory description of him) it would be illogical to think something you know doesn't exist has to do something. 

You then go on to make lots of unfounded claims. Any evidence for any of that?

Edited by Matthew Le God