Blasphemy and Duck Rape

Yorkshire Saint

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Apart from the fact you’re choosing to do it on a day which is a Christian festival when you could do it on any of the other days of the year. You may not actually be saying prayers to god or singing religious songs but the very fact you are celebrating a religious festival, even in your own way, as an atheist, means you are a hypocrite. Sorry about that. 

Christians pinched the day from other cultures, I pinch the day from them. Something you still can't grasp! 🙄

If no religion is involved it cannot be hypocritical!

8 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Christians pinched the day from other cultures, I pinch the day from them. Something you still can't grasp! 🙄

If no religion is involved it cannot be hypocritical!

Religion is involved, it’s a religious festival! 

13 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Ok since you clearly know my day better than I do. What religious element to my day is there?

If Christians can cherry pick from other older cultures, then I can cherry pick from them.

Anything 'cherry picked' from a religion is by definition religious.

16 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Ok since you clearly know my day better than I do. What religious element to my day is there?

If Christians can cherry pick from other older cultures, then I can cherry pick from them.

Your day sounds exactly the same as mine, the difference is I’m not full of bollox and I can admit I’m celebrating Christmas though. 

2 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Happy Ducking Friday everyone

Christmas Duck by inkyfish on DeviantArt

You're a sad individual MLG. It's Christmas, a Christian festival, the birth of christ. Anyone celebrating today is celebrating that. Anyone who says they're not is full of shite. 

Happy Christmas 🎄🙏

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, egg said:

You're a sad individual MLG. It's Christmas, a Christian festival, the birth of christ. Anyone celebrating today is celebrating that. Anyone who says they're not is full of shite. 

Happy Christmas 🎄🙏

Amen to that!

1 hour ago, egg said:

Happy Christmas 🎄🙏

Christians magpied the day from older cultures. Other elements of the day are also pinched from older cultures. They were not the first to celebrate this time of year. They were not the first with the nonsensical virgin birth story. They weren't the first with trees indoors. They were not the first etc etc.

Edited by Matthew Le God

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Lovely to hear Lizzie reference the good Samaritan and how special we are to god on her speech today, of course it’s absolutely nothing to do with religion is it. 🙄

What exactly are you claiming this disproves? Why should the Queen's view have any merit? She hails from a family of warlords and inherited the throne through birth not merit.

Edited by Matthew Le God

7 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

What exactly are you claiming this disproves? Why should the Queen's view have any merit? She hails from a family of warlords and inherited the throne through birth not merit.

I didn’t claim anything, just pointing out a nice point from our monarchs annual speech which just happens to be on the 25th December. I wonder why. You seem very agitated today Matty, everything okay at home?

50 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Lovely to hear Lizzie reference the good Samaritan and how special we are to god on her speech today, of course it’s absolutely nothing to do with religion is it. 🙄

Edited by egg

4 hours ago, Turkish said:

I didn’t claim anything, just pointing out a nice point from our monarchs annual speech which just happens to be on the 25th December. I wonder why. 

Because she is head of the church of England and the church magpied the 25th December from older cultures. They stole the date and shoehorned it and other bits they stole from other traditions to fit them and their narrative... I can do the same if I want minus the religious nonsense. 

football flying GIF by CollingwoodFC

Edited by Matthew Le God

8 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Because she is head of the church of England and the church magpied the 25th December from older cultures. They stole the date and shoehorned it and other bits they stole from other traditions to fit them and their narrative... I can do the same if I want minus the religious nonsense. 

One for sorrow 😞

9 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Do you honestly think liking a film means you support the concepts contained within the film? Does liking The Green Mile mean you have to support the death penalty?

Something something magpied something something. bird GIF

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

Ah bless MLG has got a new saying 

10 minutes ago, Raging Bull said:

Clearly you’re unable to admit that you’re doing what the rest of us are doing on the 25th of December 

I've never denied I see family, exchange presents and eat unhealthy food on Christmas day. None of those three things are religious.

Edited by Matthew Le God

3 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

I've never denied I see family, exchange presents and eat unhealthy food on Christmas days. None of those three things are religious.

They are not, but they are done on the day of a religious festival, and apparently the birthday of jesus; on a day known as Christmas day. Whether you subscribe to the religious aspect or not, anyone who celebrates on Christmas day, eats Christmas Dinner, Christmas pudding etc, gives Christmas presents, etc, is celebrating Christmas. 

When you give gifts, do you refer to them as Christmas presents? 

Edited by egg
  • Like 1

Just now, egg said:

They are not, but they are done on the day of a religious festival, and apparently the birthday of jesus.a day known as Christmas day. Whether you subscribe to the religious aspect or not, anyone who celebrates on Christmas day, is celebrating Christmas, eating Christmas pudding, Christmas cake, Christmas Dinner. 

When you give gifts, do you refer to them as Christmas presents? 

That is deeply flawed for reasons I've already said today. The 25th December was pinched by Christians from older cultures. They were not the first to celebrate at that time of year. The earlier cultures celebrated on 25th December without Jesus being in any way connected, so why can't I?

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

That is deeply flawed for reasons I've already said today. The 25th December was pinched by Christians from older cultures. They were not the first to celebrate at that time of year. The earlier cultures celebrated on 25th December without Jesus being in any way connected, so why can't I?

Do you give gifts that you refer to as Christmas presents? 

Did you have "Christmas Dinner"? 

1 minute ago, whelk said:

Why are you giving presents? What are you celebrating?

I think he's about to tell us it's some unspecified historical thing "magpied" from other cultures. Anyone else would say Christmas. 

30 minutes ago, whelk said:

Why are you giving presents? What are you celebrating?

He’s celebrating the fact that billions and billions of years ago there was a massive cosmic whoopsie that resulted in a couple of cells of some sort finding each other’s glory holes, bumping uglies and ending up going from plankton to fish to apes to humans. 

It just happens to be on Christmas Day. 

And now I’m outta posts. So merry Christmas 1 and all, I genuinely hope you get to spend time with your loved ones and appreciate how special they are including you MLG

Edited by Raging Bull

24 minutes ago, Raging Bull said:

He’s celebrating the fact that billions and billions of years ago there was a massive cosmic whoopsie that resulted in a couple of cells of some sort finding each other’s glory holes, bumping uglies and ending up going from plankton to fish to apes to humans. 

So do you not believe in the demonstratable fact that evolution occurs?

By the way... humans are great apes. 🙄

11 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Presents and a roast.

Of course you do. It's OK to tell the truth though...you celebrate Christmas, like the rest of us, give/receive Christmas presents, eat Christmas dinner, but have no religious beliefs and think the jesus story is bollox. Your charade is ridiculous. 

5 minutes ago, egg said:

Of course you do. It's OK to tell the truth though...you celebrate Christmas, like the rest of us, give/receive Christmas presents, eat Christmas dinner, but have no religious beliefs and think the jesus story is bollox. Your charade is ridiculous. 

Why is it ridiculous? Even if I called it Christmas dinner... so what? I don't use the meal to worship the fictional evil God character of the bible who condones genocide, slavery, rape, sexism etc in the scripture.

Edited by Matthew Le God

8 minutes ago, farawaysaint said:

I’m curious what the rest of your family group call it? 

It doesn't matter what it is called. Jeus and/or the god of christianity play no part in the day. In the same way Jesus and the Christian god played no part in the winter festival before Christians cultually appropriated the festival and absorbed it into Christmas. 

9 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Why is it ridiculous? Even if I called it Christmas dinner... so what? I don't use the meal to worship the fictional evil God character of the bible who condones genocide, slavery, rape, sexism etc in the scripture.

There you go, you celebrate Christmas on Christmas day, but don't subscribe to the religious side. That wasn't so hard was it. 

2 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

So do it on Dec 31st.

1) I live in the UK. The 31st December is not a public holiday. My friends and family are available on the 25th, not the 31st due to circumstances of the country we live in.

Especially this year when only the 25th allows for groups to meet! 

2) Why don't you take issue with Christians using the 25th December when that is cultural appropriated from earlier cultures by Christians?

There is no credible  evidence Jesus existed, let alone his birth date being the 25th Decrmber. The date from other cultures having festivals was used to absorbed them into the mythology. 

1 minute ago, egg said:

There you go, you celebrate Christmas on Christmas day, but don't subscribe to the religious side. That wasn't so hard was it. 

That is an oxymoron. It isn't celebrating Christmas if religion isn't involved. I'm having an end of year celebration with friends and family and cultually appropriating the 25th December as it is a convenient national holiday. Like the Christians did!

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

That is an oxymoron. It isn't celebrating Christmas if religion isn't involved. I'm having an end of year celebration with friends and family and cultually appropriating the 25th December as it is a convenient national holiday. Like the Christians did!

Oxymoron. Behave. Loads of people celebrate Christmas at Christmas without believing in the religious side. My missus thinks the jesus story is the biggest load of bollox ever but loves Christmas and is honest about what day she's celebrating. 

2 minutes ago, Golactico said:

Badge it how you like, the fact is that most people in this country are celebrating something much closer to the Roman festival of Saturnalia at this time of year. I'd wager that the vast majority don't give little baby Jesus half a second's thought.

Absolutely!

Even though many would say they are church of England.  For the majority of the UK population today it would be about food and presents with no mention of religion.

1 minute ago, egg said:

Oxymoron. Behave. Loads of people celebrate Christmas at Christmas without believing in the religious side. My missus thinks the jesus story is the biggest load of bollox ever but loves Christmas and is honest about what day she's celebrating. 

She should call it Saturnalia or something similar then! After all the Christians cuturally appropriated festivals like that. So she can do the same.

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

She should call it Saturnalia or something similar then! After all the Christians cuturally appropriated festivals like that. So she can do the same.

The pudding, cake, card and whole occasion is called Christmas. It's what she celebrates, and calls it, like you I'd hazard a guess. Your pretence is all a bit strange. 

8 minutes ago, egg said:

The pudding, cake, card and whole occasion is called Christmas. It's what she celebrates, and calls it, like you I'd hazard a guess. Your pretence is all a bit strange. 

For sale of arguement... if I called everythingI did today Christmas cake, pudding, card etc

So what? It still is not hypocritical.  As no religious element is included.