Blasphemy and Duck Rape

Yorkshire Saint

Fuck me there’s some sad bastards on here. Who cares what a public holiday is called? Hardly anyone celebrates this as a religious day but if they do then fair play, they ain’t harming me. When I was a civil servant I got the queen’s official birthday off - doesn’t mean I condone a ridiculous, outdated, anti democratic and offensive to intelligent people everywhere institution. I just used to get pissed up.

8 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

That is an oxymoron. It isn't celebrating Christmas if religion isn't involved. I'm having an end of year celebration with friends and family and cultually appropriating the 25th December as it is a convenient national holiday. Like the Christians did!

Did you pull crackers and shout ‘Happy New Year’?

7 hours ago, revolution saint said:

Fuck me there’s some sad bastards on here. Who cares what a public holiday is called? Hardly anyone celebrates this as a religious day but if they do then fair play, they ain’t harming me. When I was a civil servant I got the queen’s official birthday off - doesn’t mean I condone a ridiculous, outdated, anti democratic and offensive to intelligent people everywhere institution. I just used to get pissed up.

Offensive to intelligent people my arse. Respect the queen you fcker

Edited by whelk

8 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

For sale of arguement... if I called everythingI did today Christmas cake, pudding, card etc

So what? It still is not hypocritical.  As no religious element is included.

Fuck know what you think the rest of the country is doing over Christmas. Do you think we're all poncing round our living rooms dressed as the Archbishop of Canterbury swinging an insense urn around before eating our roast turkey?

You've admitted, plain as day that you celebrate Christmas. Get over it.

Edited by CB Fry

9 hours ago, revolution saint said:

2 hours ago, whelk said:

Offensive to intelligent people my arse. Respect the queen you fcker

Why does she deserve respect? She is monarch due to having warlord ancestors not merit on her part. She has a highly paid 'job' and all she has to do is eat state dinners, read out loud and cut ribbons! It is not a taxing job... actually that is another thing! She doesn't pay tax! 

The French haven't had a monarchy for 200+ years and significantly more tourists visit their royal palaces. So tourism isn't a good reason to keep an unelected head of state. Trade deals would happen regardless of the monarchy so that isn't a good reason either. 

Edited by Matthew Le God

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

Fuck know what you think the rest of the country is doing over Christmas. Do you think we're all poncing round our living rooms dressed as the Archbishop of Canterbury swinging an insense urn around before eating our roast turkey?

You've admitted, plain as day that you celebrate Christmas. Get over it.

steve coogan shrug GIF

Does it really matter what I label my end of year celebrations with friends and family? What is key is the evil genocidal, sexist, homophobic, slavery and rape endorsing god of the Bible and his son don't play any part in it.

I use elements of Christmas and the 25th because I live in a country where that day is a public holiday. It is convenient to use that day, but using it doesn't mean I'm celebrating the birth of fictional Jesus. Christians culturally appropriated the 25th and other traditions so I have as well.

Edited by Matthew Le God

21 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

steve coogan shrug GIF

Does it really matter what I label my end of year celebrations with friends and family? What is key is the evil genocidal, sexist, homophobic, slavery and rape endorsing god of the Bible and his son don't play any part in it.

I use elements of Christmas and the 25th because I live in a country where that day is a public holiday. It is convenient to use that day, but using it doesn't mean I'm celebrating the birth of fictional Jesus. Christians culturally appropriated the 25th and other traditions so I have as well.

It seems to matter an awful lot to you pal. Most people would just say they were celebrating Christmas rather than spending over a year arguing on a football forum that they weren’t 

17 minutes ago, Turkish said:

It seems to matter an awful lot to you pal. Most people would just say they were celebrating Christmas rather than spending over a year arguing on a football forum that they weren’t 

Yep. If it's trolling, it's pathetic, if it's a genuine argument, it's pathetic. It's Christmas, I suspect most people who celebrate it believe the story of Santa more than the story of Jesus. 

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

steve coogan shrug GIF

It is pretty spectacular how much it really, really matters to you.

3 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

It got you to return to the thread for the first time since 16th August! 😉

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

Yeah livid I was. I thought I best get there quickly and give that MLG what for. 
Ironic how ‘triggered’ you get at the mention of baby Jesus. Was there an event? Did you piss your pants when you were a shepherd in a Nativity play when you were 5 years old?  
Or did your parents insist you were to play no part as you would be endorsing genocide?

Edited by whelk

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

Yeah livid I was. I thought I best get there quickly and give that MLG what for. 
Ironic how ‘triggered’ you get at the mention of baby Jesus. Was there an event? Did you piss your pants when you were a shepherd in a Nativity play when you were 5 years old?  
Or did your parents insist you were to play no part as you would be endorsing genocide?

Normalising a genocidal, sexist, homophobic, rape endorsing deity and his 'son' isn't healthy for society. Best we steer clear of festivals praising such evil fictitious monsters!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

Normalising a genocidal, sexist, homophobic, rape endorsing deity and his 'son' isn't healthy for society. Best we steer clear of festivals praising such evil fictitious monsters!

We’ve established you do not ‘steer clear’ and very much partake in the festival 

6 minutes ago, whelk said:

We’ve established you do not ‘steer clear’ and very much partake in the festival 

I'm not sure how I can break this down any simpler for you...!  Which verse in the Bible does it say present giving, eating a turkey roast dinner, putting a tree in a room (tree decorating pre dates Christianity btw), meeting friends & family are exclusively Christian activities? You also can't legitimately bring up doing all of that on the 25th December, as that was nicked from older cultures than pre-date Christianity. 

Edited by Matthew Le God

10 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

8 minutes ago, whelk said:

Do you not take issue with me describing god as a genocidal, sexist, homophobic, rape endorsing deity? I suppose it is all clearly outlined in the Bible so hard to defend the monster as he is described!

18 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

I'm not sure how I can break this down any simpler for you...!  Which verse in the Bible does it say present giving, eating a turkey roast dinner, putting a tree in a room (tree decorating pre dates Christianity btw), meeting friends & family are exclusively Christian activities? You also can't legitimately bring up doing all of that on the 25th December, as that was nicked from older cultures than pre-date Christianity. 

I'm not sure how I can break this down any simpler for you...you do it all at Christmas. You give / receive Christmas presents. You eat Christmas dinner. If you were capable of being honest on the subject, I'd hazard a guess you call it Christmas. That's all because it is Christmas, and whether you do it in the name of Jesus/Santa/some other made up shit/just because, you celebrate Christmas. Fuck me you're a strange one. 

1 minute ago, egg said:

I'm not sure how I can break this down any simpler for you...you do it all at Christmas. You give / receive Christmas presents. You eat Christmas dinner. If you were capable of being honest on the subject, I'd hazard a guess you call it Christmas. That's all because it is Christmas, and whether you do it in the name of Jesus/Santa/some other made up shit/just because, you celebrate Christmas. Fuck me you're a strange one. 

Why did you ignore answering the question?

Which verse in the Bible does it say present giving, eating a turkey roast dinner, putting a tree in a room (tree decorating pre dates Christianity btw), meeting friends & family are exclusively Christian activities? 

Why did you ignore the final sentence?

You also can't legitimately bring up doing all of that on the 25th December, as that was nicked from older cultures than pre-date Christianity. 

5 minutes ago, whelk said:

I rest my case

Not really.

MLG posted a picture of a duck with the caption 'Happy Ducking Friday'.

Since then, you and a whole host of others were 'triggered' into responding to that picture and engaging in an argument that has been done to death several times.

It's like watching Pavlov's dogs - then there's also you that doesn't understand that you've even been 'triggered'.

Edited by Weston Super Saint

3 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Not really.

Since then, you and a whole host of others were 'triggered' into responding to that picture and engaging in an argument that has been done to death several times.

It's like watching Pavlov's dogs - then there's also you that doesn't understand that you've even been 'triggered'.

Whelk was right. 

11 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Not really.

#triggered 

21 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Not really.

I think everyone understands how this plays out. Occasionally a newcomer may get involved

3 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Matthew - do you give / receive Easter Eggs ?

Eostre a goddess had a Pagan festival of Spring the Christians culturally appropriated and turned into Easter. It had nothing to do with Jesus and it involved the giving of eggs!

Copyright theft!

They absorbed older festivals into Christianity in order to grow by seeming familiar to followers of the older cultures.

Easter then turned into the bizarre blood sacrifice story of god sacrificing himself to himself to act as loophole to a set of rules he made up. Deeply flawed, illogical and utter nonsense!

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Eostre a goddess had a Pagan festival of Spring the Christians culturally appropriated and turned into Easter. It had nothing to do with Jesus and it involved the giving of eggs!

Copyright theft!

They absorbed older festivals into Christianity in order to grow by seeming familiar to followers of the older cultures.

Easter then turned into the bizarre blood sacrifice story of god sacrificing himself to himself to act as loophole to a set of rules he made up. Deeply flawed, illogical and utter nonsense!

I assume that is a convoluted way of avoiding having to admit that yes, you do give / receive Easter eggs.

Edited by badgerx16

My favourite Christmas tradition is settling down as a family on the day after Boxing Day, with a mug of hot cocoa each, to read through the Saintsweb duck rape thread. I normally read out MLG’s bits, but my bird and I talked and eventually the broad agreed with me that our son was ready to do it this year. A wonderful Christmas memory. 

3 minutes ago, percy windham said:

My favourite Christmas tradition is settling down as a family on the day after Boxing Day, with a mug of hot cocoa each, to read through the Saintsweb duck rape thread. I normally read out MLG’s bits, but my bird and I talked and eventually the broad agreed with me that our son was ready to do it this year. A wonderful Christmas memory. 

goodfellas GIF

3 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

goodfellas GIF

Well... yes.

The vast majority of posters on this thread don’t give a monkey if you are Christian Buddhist Muslim or atheist. 

It’s your rabid desire to tell everyone they are morons or evil for believing in something which causes people to poke fun.

22 minutes ago, farawaysaint said:

Well... yes.

The vast majority of posters on this thread don’t give a monkey if you are Christian Buddhist Muslim or atheist. 

It’s your rabid desire to tell everyone they are morons or evil for believing in something which causes people to poke fun.

Have you not noticed the tongue in cheek nature of a lot of my posts in this thread?

Edited by Matthew Le God

42 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Have you not noticed the tongue in cheek nature of a lot of my posts in this thread?

Further up this page you posted;

"Easter then turned into the bizarre blood sacrifice story of god sacrificing himself to himself to act as loophole to a set of rules he made up. Deeply flawed, illogical and utter nonsense!"

Defo tongue in cheek.

Edited by badgerx16

9 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Further up this page you posted;

"Easter then turned into the bizarre blood sacrifice story of god sacrificing himself to himself to act as loophole to a set of rules he made up. Deeply flawed, illogical and utter nonsense!"

Defo tongue in cheek.

That one is just telling the truth. I said 'a lot of my posts', not all of my posts were tongue in cheek.

16 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

That one is just telling the truth. I said 'a lot of my posts', not all of my posts were tongue in cheek.

When it is allowed again, why don't you go and stand outside a local church at Easter and explain your "truth" to the congregation as they arrive ?

8 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

So tongue in cheek:

Which verse in the Bible does it say present giving, eating a turkey roast dinner, putting a tree in a room (tree decorating pre dates Christianity btw), meeting friends & family are exclusively Christian activities?

5 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

So tongue in cheek:

Do you not take issue with me describing god as a genocidal, sexist, homophobic, rape endorsing deity? I suppose it is all clearly outlined in the Bible so hard to defend the monster as he is described!

You know there is a difference between saying 'alot my posts' and saying 'all of my posts' don't you? Because I said the former, not the latter. Some things in this thread are tongue in cheek, others are serious.