Blasphemy and Duck Rape

Yorkshire Saint

14 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Nonsense. How can a person not see there is an issue between...

- believing God is 100% kind and loving

- that same god gives instructions humans can own another human, punish them, sell them. All clearly outlined in the book of Exodus

- doesn't deem making an anti slavery commandment worth while 

You have to do a huge amount of mental gymnastics and excuse making to justify all of that! 

Congratulations on completely ignoring the point ; Those who believe don't see a problem.

6 minutes ago, Raging Bull said:

What are you on about??

Exodus is about God saving his people from the slavery of the Egyptians! 

Not the other way around, which is the drum you constantly bang

Its getting embarrassing (again) for the poor lad

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Oh and there he goes with the “it’s basic stuff” Line. The one that gets used over and over again when floundering 🤣🤣🤣

Are you going to concede my point I made before that? Not every question on a topic is the same question. No floundering there at all!

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

Are you going to concede my point I made before that? Not every question on a topic is the same question. No floundering there at all!

Yeah not every question is the same question but when you ask the same question but worded slightly differently it is. Come on, it’s basic stuff 🤣

21 minutes ago, Raging Bull said:

What are you on about??

Exodus is about God saving his people from the slavery of the Egyptians! 

Not the other way around, which is the drum you constantly bang

14 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Its getting embarrassing (again) for the poor lad

Oh dear you two! 🙄 Have you actually read the nonsense in the book?

Exodus 21 is God instructing his chosen people the Jews who they can own as a slave, how the Jews can punish their slaves, how long you can own them for and that you can pass on your slaves to your children etc etc.

It is a slave owners handbook! 

Edited by Matthew Le God

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Yeah not every question is the same question but when you ask the same question but worded slightly differently it is. Come on, it’s basic stuff 🤣

🙄

Different wording can make a huge difference to question. One word changed in the question can require an entirely different answer.

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

🙄

Different wording can make a huge difference to question. One word changed in the question can require an entirely different answer.

You really are making yourself look even more ridiculous, congratulations that is quite some achievement. 

I know you said that. My point remains valid.

Your point is not valid. You posted.......

42 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Nonsense. How can a person not see there is an issue between...

- believing God is 100% kind and loving

- that same god gives instructions humans can own another human, punish them, sell them. All clearly outlined in the book of Exodus

- doesn't deem making an anti slavery commandment worth taking up a space instead of one of the pointless other ones

You have to do a huge amount of mental gymnastics and excuse making to justify all of that! 

By which you are arrogantly and insensitively dismissing all those people who have asked themselves the same questions and come to an opposing conclusion to yours.

3 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Your point is not valid. You posted.......

By which you are arrogantly and insensitively dismissing all those people who have asked themselves the same questions and come to an opposing conclusion to yours.

Anyone who thinks a 100% kind and loving God would endorse slavery as Exodus clearly does is a moron. There is no mental gymnastics or excuse making possible that can fix the issue. There is a clear conflict between them that can not be fixed.  Kind and loving to all cannot work with a god who outlines step by step how you can own another human, sell them, punish them etc.

Edited by Matthew Le God

1 minute ago, badgerx16 said:

As I said, arrogant.

No it isn't.

- God is 100% kind and loving

- God word for word outlines who you can own as a slaves, how you punish them and how you can trade them

To deny a conflict between the two is moronic.

Endorsing and enabling slavery is moronic.

Let us try it again but change one word...

- Hitler is 100% kind and loving

- Hitler word for word outlines who you can own as a slaves, how you punish them and how you can trade them

To deny a conflict between the two is moronic

Would you think it arrogant to think people who think Hitler was 100% kind and loving and set rules for slave labour were morons?

11 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Anyone who thinks a 100% kind and loving God would endorse slavery as Exodus clearly does is a moron. There is no mental gymnastics or excuse making possible that can fix the issue. There is a clear conflict between them that can not be fixed.  Kind and loving to all cannot work with a god who outlines step by step how you can own another human, sell them, punish them etc.

3 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

As I said, arrogant.

And laughably wrong 

the term slave in the Old Testament does not mean what he thinks it does. 

God is 100% against the type of slavery we see today 

https://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/slave/

Matthew, you said that you have read the bible, and if you have, then you haven’t understood it 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

It is not a ridiculous claim to say how even changing one word in a question to another completely changes the requirements of the answer.

It’s ridiculous to demand answers to questions you’ve already asked dozens of times and didn’t like the answer too because you changed one word in the question. Especially as Raging Bull says you don’t even understand the point you’re trying to make 

Just now, Raging Bull said:

And laughably wrong 

the term slave in the Old Testament does not mean what he thinks it does. 

God is 100% against the type of slavery we see today 

https://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/slave/

Matthew, you said that you have read the bible, and if you have, then you haven’t understood it 

Wow, just wow. Excuse making and mental gymnastics at its worst! You really have been brainwashed!

Were those people owned by another person? Yes

Does Exodus give instructions how slaves and the children of slaves can be inherited by your own choldren

Were they free to leave? No

Were some of them forced to work to pay off debts? Yes

Does Exodus give instructions on how you can punish your slaves?

That equals slavery being endorsed and enabled by the character of God in that old horrific book. 

5 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

No it isn't.

- God word for word outlines who you can own as a slaves, how you punish them and how you can trade them

- Hitler word for word outlines who you can own as a slaves, how you punish them and how you can trade them

Would you think it arrogant to think people who think Hitler was 100% kind and loving and set rules for slave labour were morons?

LOL you’ve lost it 🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

It’s ridiculous to demand answers to questions you’ve already asked dozens of times and didn’t like the answer too because you changed one word in the question. Especially as Raging Bull says you don’t even understand the point you’re trying to make 

You still haven't grasped how one word fundamentally can change a question. Plus, I've pointed out to Raging Bull the massive fundamental flaws in his point. 

Edited by Matthew Le God

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

You still haven't grasped how one word fundamentally can change a question. Plus, I've pointed out to Raging Bull the massive fundamental flaws in his point. 

Yes I have, I’m still laughing to myself about how you changed the names God to hitler to try to prove your utterly ridiculous point. You really are making yourself look ridiculous. You can also use different words to say the same thing, for example 

MLG is an utter lunatic that is making himself look stupid 

MLG is making himself look ridiculous, he is nuts

It’s basic stuff!

11 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

No it isn't.

Do you think the Pope and the Archbishop of Canterbury are morons ?

Yes I have, I’m still laughing to myself about how you changed the names God to hitler to try to prove your utterly ridiculous point. You really are making yourself look ridiculous. You can also use different words to say the same thing, for example 

MLG is an utter lunatic that is making himself look stupid 

MLG is making himself look ridiculous, he is nuts

It’s basic stuff!

The switch was used to point out that it is not arrogant. Not sure how you struggle grasp that.

100% kind and loving and endorsing slavery is incompatible.  It is incompatible for God like it is incompatible for Hitler or anyone else. So to make excuses to think they are compatible ideas is moronic. To point that out is not arrogant.

The switch was used to point out that it is not arrogant. Not sure how you struggle grasp that.

100% kind and loving and endorsing slavery is incompatible.  It is incompatible for God like it is incompatible for Hitler or anyone else. So to make excuses to think they are compatible ideas is moronic. To point that out is not arrogant.

To call people who hold differing views on the subject "morons" IS arrogant.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

To call people who hold differing views on the subject "morons" IS arrogant.

Not when it is clear cut. 

- 100% kind and loving

- Slave endorsing in Exodus 21

There is no wiggle room for excuses if you think there is no conflict or contradiction between the two.

It is clearly moronic to think endorsing slavery doesn't make a difference to being 100% kind and loving.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Not when it is clear cut. 

- 100% kind and loving

- Slave endorsing in Exodus 21

There is no wiggle room for excuses if you think there is no contradiction.

The Gospel according to MLG - "If you cannot see the contradictions that I can, you are a moron".

8 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Why are you banging on to me about arrogance for now? You’re all over the place. You should probably do your disappearing routine now, it’s at that stage. 

3 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

🙄

You aren't following the context of that post and what it was replying to at all.

Oh I am old chap, following it totally and laughing at your little meltdown and your increasingly desperate attempts on this topic 

Edited by Turkish

3 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

How can any sane person not see 100% kind and loving is not compatible with endorsing slavery?

I don't know, but I don't claim that anybody who accepts the Word as Truth is either a moron or not sane. Maybe go out and find one, and hold this discussion face to face.

16 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

So what? The burden of proof is on a person making a claim. I was not making a claim... he was. 

We've been here time and time again. The belief system is one that you don't recognise. In your little world, if its intangible and/or not scientifically provable, you fail to accept it.

As Badger says, you're arrogant. 

1 minute ago, badgerx16 said:

I don't know, but I don't claim that anybody who accepts the Word as Truth is either a moron or not sane. Maybe go out and find one, and hold this discussion face to face.

Why can you not recognise kind and loving is incompatible with owning another human and them not being free? The excuse making required to dispute it would be quite something! There is a clear conflict between the two statements.

4 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

No he doesn't. He can't form rebuttals so resorts to primary school playground petty personal insults.

Putting your fingers in your ears hoping they go away doesn’t mean they never happened. You regularly taking a hiding off me. You’re like the punch drunk boxer who doesn’t know when you retire. 

2 minutes ago, egg said:

We've been here time and time again. The belief system is one that you don't recognise. In your little world, if its intangible and/or not scientifically provable, you fail to accept it.

As Badger says, you're arrogant. 

Not believing in something due to lack of evidence is not arrogant. It is what being rational is.

I want to believe as many true things and as few false things as possible. Faith is not a reliable path to truth. You can believe contradictory positions on faith.

Why can you not recognise kind and loving is incompatible with owning another human and them not being free? The excuse making required to dispute it would be quite something! There is a clear conflict between the two statements.

Why do you think I can't recognise it ?

I don't necessarily disagree with your basic premise, in my view the Bible is for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools. What I take issue with is your pig-headed jihadist attitude, and absolute inability to accept that other people may legitimately hold differing opinions on subjects that cannot by definition be concluded with absolute proof.

Putting your fingers in your ears hoping they go away doesn’t mean they never happened. You regularly taking a hiding off me. You’re like the punch drunk boxer who doesn’t know when you retire. 

Short People GIF

In all these years you haven't got close to laying a hit on me and you forget/distort/twist/lie about and re-run all you misses like a delusional Darth Vader! 😉

Not believing in something due to lack of evidence is not arrogant. It is what being rational is.

I want to believe as many true things and as few false things as possible. Faith is not a reliable path to truth. You can believe contradictory positions on faith.

You're missing the point. Again. 

You don't believe in something. That's cool. I respect that. 

Others believe in something that you don't believe in. You refuse to respect that. That's arrogant. You deem them "morons". That's arrogant. You expect others to justify their beliefs. That's arrogant. 

Just try to understand that you're not actually very important. That your personal beliefs are exactly that. That others can have different views. 

Live and let live you arrogant cunt. 

Just now, badgerx16 said:

Why do you think I can't recognise it ?

I don't necessarily disagree with your basic premise, in my view the Bible is for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools. What I take issue with is your pig-headed jihadist attitude, and absolute inability to accept that other people may legitimately hold differing opinions on subjects that cannot by definition be concluded with absolute proof.

This discussion today about my use of 'moronic' was solely about believing two views were compatible. Not wider points on religion.

The conflicting statements..

1) 100% kind and loving

2) Slave endoring and enabling

How can someone justify owning another human and think it would reduce the 100% kind and loving description to something below 100%?