Black Friday

Turkish

Surely this is racist? How does selling things at a reduced price = being attributed to a colour? Surely “Black Friday” devalues black and infers that the colour black is inferior to every other colour. I know the lefties would usually be all over this but they’re probably to busy trying to grab themselves a bargain to cause a fuss this time

53 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

But it is never just Friday, why can't Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, or any other day involved get a mention ?

:)

It’s another example of American traditions invading our lives. Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving which is of course a Thursday and a lot of Americans take the day of and head for the roads which is another suggestion for the origin of the name.

12 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Yep. Brilliant service especially if you pay for Prime.

A fair number of people seem genuinely surprised when I knock on their door, as in they weren’t expecting it until tomorrow at the earliest. It’s little wonder the high street has been dying.

20 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

I've been doing Amazon deliveries the last few months, it's great as far as I'm concerned.

Is that a furlough thing? Keep thinking what a stress free job it must be. Don’t yo7 have t9 work 16 hour days to get any sort of wage though?

Just now, Turkish said:

Can you choose how many hours you work?

Yep. There’s an app where delivery slots pop up randomly during the day and you just accept the ones which suit you. It is a bit oversubscribed, in terms of having more drivers than slots, but if you keep the app open and keep refreshing you can get something most days.

On 29/11/2020 at 00:35, Whitey Grandad said:

Yep. Brilliant service especially if you pay for Prime.

I have it too and use it all the time. Perversely I still hate the fact its so good. We're going to end with 20 mega corporations running everything and half the world on minimum wage or zero hours contracts    

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

Do you get bored housewives open the door in a skimpy dressing gown with their cleavage bursting out asking if you could bring the package up to the bedroom like what happens in those documentaries on the internet?

Not so much as in my previous job as a black, body building heating engineer.

• Haha 1