Football Manager 2022

Matthew Le God

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought a Key for the game (via Steam) and now using the Beta version.

Will there be an update available on the day of the launch, as there are plenty of bugs? Reason I ask is that I am having to play the game in 'windowed' mode, as the buttons do not line up with the cursor when playing the game in full screen.

Edited by AlexLaw76

On 30/10/2021 at 18:25, AlexLaw76 said:

I bought a Key for the game (via Steam) and now using the Beta version.

Will there be an update available on the day of the launch, as there are plenty of bugs? 

Yes, there will be an update on launch day (9th November). The purpose of the beta is to pick up and fix any bugs or data errors. Please report them on the SI games forum.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

What's the most basic laptop you can play FM22 on?  Looking for a cheap and cheerful option, won't be used for much else apart from browsing and a few games of a similar performance level to FM.

Min spec for FM22...

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core 2 or AMD Athlon 64 1.8GHz+
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Intel GMA X4500, NVIDIA GeForece 9600M GT, AMD/ATI Mobility Raedon HD 3650 - 256MB VRAM
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 7 GB available space

On 03/01/2022 at 08:42, Jeremy Corbyn said:

What's the most basic laptop you can play FM22 on?  Looking for a cheap and cheerful option, won't be used for much else apart from browsing and a few games of a similar performance level to FM.

Probably not what you’re looking for but you can stream the Xbox version of fm20 and play on any spec pc via game pass, assuming your internet is good enough (10mbs or so)

• 2 weeks later...

Presume Broja is going to get a buff in the winter patch? Is JWP going to get one?, would be nice to see Saints as his favourite club (unless I have missed that) and I reckon he should be a model professional, he is talked about a lot from various sources about what a good trainer he is, what a good influence he is and it can then be seen in his performances and constant availability how well he looks after himself.  Stats wise not sure he needs much, but he has to be playing some of the best stuff of his career so a small CA buff or like 4-5 might be in order, plus maybe some better hidden stats like consistency, pressure etc. His penalty ability probably needs to be a little higher like 16 at least. 

Other one would obviously be Tino getting a buff. 

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

There are hundreds of thousands of data points, I'm going to make some mistakes. If you want them changed you need to let me know what needs changing and why. I can't second guess what you think is wrong.

You never fail to misinterpret banter.

On 16/02/2022 at 12:06, badgerx16 said:

You never fail to misinterpret banter.

Well there goes my reply to...

On 15/02/2022 at 11:47, Matthew Le God said:

This month is the 15th anniversary of me becoming the Southampton researcher for FM! 😇

Its Been A Long Time Reaction GIF

Which was going to be...

Yes, but is there is discount?

Well done MLG. You'll have been adjusting JWP's CA since his start.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just got this recently on Xbox.  I am VERY disappointed.  I have played FM going back to the old CM days.  Looked forward to this, and this is the first time I have played it on a console. Never again.  It's like a dumbed down version for the American market.  A lot of the decent uplifts have gone, no team talk, not individual talks to players, you can only have a team meeting if your assistant manager deems one, and the options are poor.  The only thing going for it is the graphics are good, but stuck with the generic badges, (not sure how to get logo packs, if that is even possible) and now images, (same issue). Oh and I know why its like that and image rights. 

Also the game engine seems to be lacking any decent decision making. JWP in two seasons has score NO free kicks,(I had to get Redmond) where as Declan Rice can score from anywhere.  If I play a top 4 team, they will score in the first 15 minutes, and if not, they will then get a penalty on about 35 - 39 minutes. Change of tactics has no effect, even my own, which it is difficult to set up. My next game has been my last for the last 15 games, (The Ralph effect?). And during the game, if you Assistant Manager makes a suggestion, you better be fast on the old controller, as it disappears quite quickly and you have to wait for it to come back.

It just doesn't feel the same.

My laptop is too old to do it a service, which is why I bought it for Xbox and stream to laptop.  Never again though.  I'd send it back if I hadn't of down loaded it.

Apparently its the 'touch' version.

MLG, have a word. I cant believe it has to be toned down for the Xbox, what with its processing power and memory. 

Rant over, and be warned.

Edited by Secret Site Agent

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Still how they were at the start. Physical stats were not too pretty though. 

If FM showed the game changing in the future... Chelsea's new proprietor convinces 13 of the other, now US owned clubs... and SoccerBall replaces the Premier League...

Only the plus side, SoccerBall still allows pensioner Ward Prowse to be wheeled on as part of The Saints Special Team, with his 20 in free kicks. 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...