Away tickets for Spurs and Man Utd

Dragon_man

Does anyone know when these will go on sale and whether they will make it to season ticket holders? Normally the key dates are given but nothing listed. 

(reason I ask is that I have family near Manchester and will arrange things around a visit there if I can get tickets)

Usually details are released a month before, so would expect details on both early next week.

As for the criteria, away tickets always go onto sale to Season Ticket holders with "x" number of away games first?

If your question is whether it will go down to sale to season ticket holders who hasn't been to any away games yet, I'd like to think yes to both.

My prediction is both go to sale all the way down to members really, Spurs would have sold out just to STHs if it wasn't a midweek fixture because getting there is generally a pain.

From memory, Palace/Chelsea/West Ham all went to general sale, but Arsenal sold out at season ticket holder stage. 

54 minutes ago, nta786 said:

Usually details are released a month before, so would expect details on both early next week.

As for the criteria, away tickets always go onto sale to Season Ticket holders with "x" number of away games first?

If your question is whether it will go down to sale to season ticket holders who hasn't been to any away games yet, I'd like to think yes to both.

My prediction is both go to sale all the way down to members really, Spurs would have sold out just to STHs if it wasn't a midweek fixture because getting there is generally a pain.

From memory, Palace/Chelsea/West Ham all went to general sale, but Arsenal sold out at season ticket holder stage. 

That's great thanks, just what I wanted to know. I am a new season ticket holder, but no away games yet, first one will be at Wolves on the 15th. Spurs is a challenge being midweek but given family ties, Man Utd will make a for an easy weekend away   

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dragon_man said:

That's great thanks, just what I wanted to know. I am a new season ticket holder, but no away games yet, first one will be at Wolves on the 15th. Spurs is a challenge being midweek but given family ties, Man Utd will make a for an easy weekend away   

Spurs is an absolute pig to get to midweek, fabulous stadium though.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, nta786 said:

United sold out to premium members, whilst Spurs went on general sale today.

Currently about 80 tickets left for Spurs which I expect will go soon! 

Unbelievable numbers really, we extended the Man Utd allocation to the maximum 3100, I didn't think we'd sell that for a 12.30 kick off, double what we usually take to Man City, does everyone want to see Ronaldo before he retires? 

Looks like Spurs is sold out now (3000) worth noting according to the revised South West Railways timetable last train back is 22.35 from Waterloo to Southampton, no chance of making that if you stay for the final whistle. Absolute nightmare place to get to by car. 

Top support considering both games live on TV. 

Edited by JRM
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, JRM said:

Unbelievable numbers really, we extended the Man Utd allocation to the maximum 3100, I didn't think we'd sell that for a 12.30 kick off, double what we usually take to Man City, does everyone want to see Ronaldo before he retires? 

Looks like Spurs is sold out now (3000) worth noting according to the revised South West Railways timetable last train back is 22.35 from Waterloo to Southampton, no chance of making that if you stay for the final whistle. Absolute nightmare place to get to by car. 

Top support considering both games live on TV. 

not according to Trainline it isn't... 

11 minutes ago, Noodles34 said:

not according to Trainline it isn't... 

https://www.southwesternrailway.com/other/news-and-media/news/2022/january/new-temporary-timetable-introduced-in-response-to-spread-of-omicron-variant

I contacted them after this was announced and was told the 22.35 would be the last train running, worth double checking. They're basically cost cutting hiding behind covid as reason. 

12 hours ago, JRM said:

https://www.southwesternrailway.com/other/news-and-media/news/2022/january/new-temporary-timetable-introduced-in-response-to-spread-of-omicron-variant

I contacted them after this was announced and was told the 22.35 would be the last train running, worth double checking. They're basically cost cutting hiding behind covid as reason. 

even though they list tickets on their own website to buy at the two later times! But yeah, found the timetable, but changes on a weekly basis. I'd think if we have 3000 going up, they're going to sort something... hopefully, as you say, Spurs to Waterloo in half hour would take some doing, presume its a bloody 8pm KO? 

1 hour ago, Noodles34 said:

even though they list tickets on their own website to buy at the two later times! But yeah, found the timetable, but changes on a weekly basis. I'd think if we have 3000 going up, they're going to sort something... hopefully, as you say, Spurs to Waterloo in half hour would take some doing, presume its a bloody 8pm KO

19:45 according to the BBC.

3 hours ago, Pamplemousse said:

Going to both. Live in London so the midweek London games are a godsend for being able to get tickets as I'm not a STH.

I really want to go to Brentford away as I can walk there from where I live but I know I won't stand a chance

I wish the club started giving some priority to members who have done say 4/5 aways already over a season ticket holder who has done none.

8 hours ago, nta786 said:

I wish the club started giving some priority to members who have done say 4/5 aways already over a season ticket holder who has done none.

Never going to happen. Club will always prioritise season ticket holders as they are a more stable revenue stream

11 hours ago, nta786 said:

Why? That is the very definition of unfair. That would mean that the same people would go to all the games whilst those who for various reasons could only manage one or two games a season wouldn’t get a look in. Away supporters are of no financial benefit to the club.

51 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Why? That is the very definition of unfair. That would mean that the same people would go to all the games whilst those who for various reasons could only manage one or two games a season wouldn’t get a look in. Away supporters are of no financial benefit to the club.

I'd like to think the same 1k-1.5k or so do go to every away game perhaps?

I don't think it is an issue this season thankfully as every away game has gone to members this season except Arsenal, but perhaps for the future if demand for away games rise, it would be nice to recognise members who've gone to say at least 5 away games to get priority for those away games in the 2nd half of the season once enough away matches have been played.

Or, it would be nice if the club kept back say 300 tickets guaranteed for members (when it eventually comes to them) and keep the format as it currently is. 

2 minutes ago, Noodles34 said:

SW trains are being a bit cagey on the train situation, saying they won't decide until nearer the time

Hopefully they see sense, it's a joke that the last train back from Southampton is 10pm as well, makes night games very tricky for the many fans who travel down. Now home working has ended and commuters are returning you'd have thought trains would return to normal timetables, I remember when the last train back from Waterloo was 1.05am. 

Still tickets available for Spurs by the way, "strictly seated only" block that you can only buy if you call up, not sure if they are doing that as rest of away section is "safe standing" 

On 30/01/2022 at 18:49, Noodles34 said:

SW trains are being a bit cagey on the train situation, saying they won't decide until nearer the time

There is a train being run at 23.05 which should be fine if swift getting out at the end 

Still some match tickets left if you call up

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, alehouseboys said:

Good luck with that with 60,000 piling out the ground - probably quicker to take your chances with the two-mile-trot to Seven Sisters

If I was rushing out the ground to catch that last train back to Soton Id actually walk to Tottenham Hale instead of Seven Sisters - same distance and no queues for entry at station or on the platform for the Tubes. 

4 hours ago, NorthLondonSFC said:

If I was rushing out the ground to catch that last train back to Soton Id actually walk to Tottenham Hale instead of Seven Sisters - same distance and no queues for entry at station or on the platform for the Tubes. 

Being local (and I believe it's also Whitey's old neck of the woods) I'd certainly take your advice - this is what they say on their OS

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/the-stadium/attending-matches/getting-here/trains/

5 hours ago, NorthLondonSFC said:

The the first time we played at new ground, there was a large queue to get onto underground at Tottenham Hale, it’s easier to get train from Northumberland Park down to either Liverpool St or Stratford and then tube to Waterloo

15 hours ago, oldsarum said:

The the first time we played at new ground, there was a large queue to get onto underground at Tottenham Hale, it’s easier to get train from Northumberland Park down to either Liverpool St or Stratford and then tube to Waterloo

The train from Northumberland Park doesn't go to Liv street, only Stratford. I reckon that travelling out east to Stratford to come back in on the tube to Waterloo wouldn't be worth it either. The best bet for Waterloo would be get on the Victoria line either Tottenham Hale/Seven Sisters then go Oxford Circus - Bakerloo to Waterloo.

Are you sure trains don’t go from Northumberland Park to Liverpool St? Could be wrong but I thought they did, via Tottenham Hale. If so, comes down to which of Northumberland Park and White Hart Lane has the longest queues or most frequent services. That I can’t say, it’s quicker for me to walk home that use either.

31 minutes ago, Graffito said:

Are you sure trains don’t go from Northumberland Park to Liverpool St? Could be wrong but I thought they did, via Tottenham Hale. If so, comes down to which of Northumberland Park and White Hart Lane has the longest queues or most frequent services. That I can’t say, it’s quicker for me to walk home that use either.

Yeah definitely cant get a train Northumberland to Liv street. In theory you could get a train from Northumberland to Tottenham Hale then catch either a Gatwick Express or Stansted Express 1 stop to Liv Street. However the oyster/contactless doesn't cover this route despite being in LDN and tickets are £20 so really not worth it - although I highly doubt you'll find an inspector on the brief 5 min train journey.

2 hours ago, NorthLondonSFC said:

Anyone looking to make that last train I would avoid WHL station unless you can leave the game early. Not worth the risk as you can be waiting up to an hour to get on a train there.

I've walked to seven sisters a few times, if you're reasonably fit it's not too far for a brisk walk down Tottenham High  road (30 mins) but not sure it would save enough time rather than just queueing at white Hart Lane. 

Edited by JRM

1 hour ago, 100%Red&White said:

I guess if everyone piles on at Tottenham Hale anyone waiting at Seven Sisters may struggle to board when it pulls in as further down the Victoria Line?

WIll be aiming for Tottenham Hale after the game personally. Don't forget you have to walk all the way around that massive Sainsburys too.

• Like 1