Women’s Football

Turkish

17 minutes ago, Turkish said:

What has Mary Earps done to get an MBE? She saved a badly taken penalty in a game England lost anyway, suddenly she’s fucking everywhere. Nice girl I’m sure but seriously? I’ll get one to services to football mongboards next

Stop being a bigot. Thanks

20 minutes ago, Turkish said:

What has Mary Earps done to get an MBE? She saved a badly taken penalty in a game England lost anyway, suddenly she’s fucking everywhere. Nice girl I’m sure but seriously? I’ll get one to services to football mongboards next

Yeah but have you ever got your undercrackers out on national TV?

No, didn’t think so.

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

One more saved penalty than Shilton who picks up a CBE.

8 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

One more saved penalty than Shilton who picks up a CBE.

Who played 125 times for England making him the most capped England player of all time won two European cups and the league. 1000+ league appearances. Great comparison 🤦

Edited by Turkish

51 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Who played 125 times for England making him the most capped England player of all time won two European cups and the league. 1000+ league appearances. Great comparison 🤦

Yeah I was saying something deliberately silly just like you.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

She took on the misogynists at Nike not selling her top. Didn’t she get the BBC Sport Personality award as well? 

41 minutes ago, whelk said:

She took on the misogynists at Nike not selling her top. Didn’t she get the BBC Sport Personality award as well? 

True, they must have sold literally tens of women’s keepers tops as a result of her battle 

1 hour ago, skintsaint said:

It won’t end. People will continue to over hype sport stars and do silly things like name a tram after them. It’s always happened and it always will. You’re annoyed at the naming of a tram, in an area you don’t live I assume, because it’s a woman who had some recent media attention. That sadly won’t end either.

19 minutes ago, 64saint said:

Shame Joey Barton isn't a member of Saints web , now that would be an entertaining read on this thread.  

Could we send him an invite maybe 🤔

Ah yes, good old fashioned misogyny and desperate advertising for his own failing podcast. So entertaining.

3 hours ago, skintsaint said:

This sort of stuff is okay, local girl done well for herself gets a small gesture from the local community. Rachel Daly has for a few bits names after her round here, fine, some of the young girl players love it, great stuff. But an MBE, that used to be prestigious, I can’t see anyone making a case for what she’s done to earn one other than the usual snidey comments about people not liking it because she’s a woman. Joe Hart has saved a penalty for England and he’s got way more caps, don’t see anyone saying he should get one. 

24 minutes ago, Turkish said:

This sort of stuff is okay, local girl done well for herself gets a small gesture from the local community. Rachel Daly has for a few bits names after her round here, fine, some of the young girl players love it, great stuff. But an MBE, that used to be prestigious, I can’t see anyone making a case for what she’s done to earn one other than the usual snidey comments about people not liking it because she’s a woman. Joe Hart has saved a penalty for England and he’s got way more caps, don’t see anyone saying he should get one. 

I don't think Joe Hart has won a Euro's or been runner up in a World Cup has he? Trying to work out how and why these things are awarded other than "Royal family reps trying to keep the Royal family look like they are in touch with the public" just seems a bit stupid. I'm not sure they were ever actually prestigious were they? There just wasn't mediums to create debate and focus on who was being given them. There is loads of these you can question so yes, when the one that seems to have irked you is a woman, and coincidently is being picked on by misogynists trying to keep themselves relevant with other misogynists , you will attract snidey comments. 

And you know you will, that's why you do it. So you're welcome that I obliged.

Just now, Fabrice29 said:

I don't think Joe Hart has won a Euro's or been runner up in a World Cup has he? Trying to work out how and why these things are awarded other than "Royal family reps trying to keep the Royal family look like they are in touch with the public" just seems a bit stupid. I'm not sure they were ever actually prestigious were they? There just wasn't mediums to create debate and focus on who was being given them. There is loads of these you can question so yes, when the one that seems to have irked you is a woman, and coincidently is being picked on by misogynists trying to keep themselves relevant with other misogynists , you will attract snidey comments. 

And you know you will, that's why you do it. So you're welcome that I obliged.

As this is a thread about women’s football and a women’s footballer has been awarded one that’s why it’s being discussed on here mate. 

if there was a thread on bakers winning them I’m sure we’d ask if Paul Hollywood deserves one or not. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

As this is a thread about women’s football and a women’s footballer has been awarded one that’s why it’s being discussed on here mate. 

if there was a thread on bakers winning them I’m sure we’d ask if Paul Hollywood deserves one or not. 

Okay, just going to have a little scroll through and see if I can find the criticism for Leah Williamson or Lucy Bronze or any other woman when they received the same honours. Just to dispel the idea that you're just doing it because others you find amusing are.

Also as this is a forum for football if you can point me in the direction your criticism of Jordan Henderson, Jonny Evans or James Milner that'll be helpful.

Or maybe because it's a Saints forum you can point me towards the posts you made when Steven Davis got one?

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

To be fair, he deserves a knighthood for services to sponge. Made incredible in-roads in an openly sexist industry dominated by the matriarchy, faced horrendous misandry from dinosaurs like Mary Berry and Mel or Sue. 

• Haha 2

Okay, just going to have a little scroll through and see if I can find the criticism for Leah Williamson or Lucy Bronze or any other woman when they received the same honours. Just to dispel the idea that you're just doing it because others you find amusing are.

Also as this is a forum for football if you can point me in the direction your criticism of Jordan Henderson, Jonny Evans or James Milner that'll be helpful.

Or maybe because it's a Saints forum you can point me towards the posts you made when Steven Davis got one?

That’d be steve Davis whose 140 caps for Northern Ireland make him the most capped mens player in British history. Yeah, what’s he ever done?

• Haha 2

The honours system has been devalued for years, dished out to curry favour amongst friends, party donors and various hangers on.

It's really not even worthy of discussion nowadays apart from to pick apart which of their cronies the government of the day has given them to. I'll wait for the next issue of Private Eye to see the full list of them.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, The Cat said:

The honours system has been devalued for years, dished out to curry favour amongst friends, party donors and various hangers on.

It's really not even worthy of discussion nowadays apart from to pick apart which of their cronies the government of the day has given them to. I'll wait for the next issue of Private Eye to see the full list of them.

Agree most are cynical but some are still well deserved, Dame Amanda Blanc for instance, services to the FTSE 100 and trousers. 

11 minutes ago, Turkish said:

That’d be steve Davis whose 140 caps for Northern Ireland make him the most capped mens player in British history. Yeah, what’s he ever done?

I don't think I doubted whether he deserved one did I? I couldn't care less who gets one and who doesn't. They are quite clearly nonsense and there's quite clearly no threshold to get one. I just wanted to point out how odd is that people get these weird recognitions all the time and people like Milner, Henderson and whoever else didn't cause any reaction at all but a woman named the best player in her position during a world tournament isn't sufficient and triggers a reaction.

I just wanted to point out how odd is that people get these weird recognitions all the time and people like Milner, Henderson and whoever else didn't cause any reaction at all but a woman named the best player in her position during a world tournament isn't sufficient and triggers a reaction.

Milner, Henderson etc are top players in an elite sport. In her sport “Best player in her position” , is the equivalent of “most interesting Belgian” or “Portsmouths fittest bird”. Particularly when the standard of that particular position is even lower than the woeful standard of the rest. The standard of goalkeeping is embarrassing, truly shocking. If that’s elite performance then my cocks a carrot. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Milner, Henderson etc are top players in an elite sport. In her sport “Best player in her position” , is the equivalent of “most interesting Belgian” or “Portsmouths fittest bird”. Particularly when the standard of that particular position is even lower than the woeful standard of the rest. The standard of goalkeeping is embarrassing, truly shocking. If that’s elite performance then my cocks a carrot. 

Okay incel.

25 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

If you were forced to choose between Mary Earps MBE, aged 30, or Peter Shilton CBE aged 74, to keep goal in a Saints play off final v Leeds next May, who is your money on? Maybe a poll 😀

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Fabrice29 said:

There are males on Soccer Saturday who have made a career out of this gimmick. Good luck to her. 

Maybe Alex is a misogynist. If there's anyone posting a clip of a woman doing something terrible on a football pitch it's him. Same with commentators.

It's quite bizarre. If any woman is unlucky enough to be his partner I'm sure she loves being spoken down to and told that she's no good at certain things.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/01/2024 at 08:10, pingpong said:

Super objectif. Rappelle Le Tiss vs Newcastle, avec le contrôle et la vision à deux touches. Il y a un meilleur angle vers 6 minutes 30 ici qui montre le positionnement. C'est une joueuse.

Sam Kerr goal in my stadium (Stade du Hainaut / Hainaut Stadium) on the Fifa Women world cup 2019 with Australia: (Clik on "watch on youtube")

• Like 1

On 12/01/2024 at 07:10, pingpong said:

Great goal. Reminiscent of le tiss vs Newcastle, with the two touch control and vision. There's a better angle around 6mins 30 here that shows the positioning. She is some player.

Her brother Wan is a great player as well. 

Edited by SotonianWill

On 20/01/2024 at 10:57, AlexLaw76 said:

I know there are poor male pundits/tators etc, but this is pretty low

Like to see you lot researching a new subject on an ipad wearing a balaclava on live TV.  Everyone's a critic.

• 2 weeks later...