Women’s Football

Turkish

13 minutes ago, Turkish said:

fucking hell, they're now on about it being sexual assault. The government wading in, on about pulling Spanish teams out of the champions league! It's gone nuts. 

Rubiales mum has gone on hunger strike over the treatment of her boy as well.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, coalman said:

Rubiales mum has gone on hunger strike over the treatment of her boy as well.

Locked herself in a church. He’s obviously been a bit of a knob and shouldn’t have done it but seriously, Spanish football in crisis! Dear me

22 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Locked herself in a church. He’s obviously been a bit of a knob and shouldn’t have done it but seriously, Spanish football in crisis! Dear me

There has to be a sane way of him resigning or getting fired without the whole country going up in flames.

• Like 1

All he needed to do was apologise straight away and said got caught up in heat of moment and something he should have never done and will not do it again. Woudl have passed quickly but all these fuckers try and copy Donald Trump and think they can ride anything out and this one has backfired badly.

Edited by whelk
  • Like 6

On 26/08/2023 at 15:24, AlexLaw76 said:

There is no point. He is being moved aside because the mob said so. 

He is being “moved aside” because grabbing your crotch in public and forcibly kissing someone on the lips against their will is no longer acceptable behaviour. Try doing it in Camden and see where that gets you. The mob says so because society is what you like to call a “mob”. What you don’t seem to understand is what you think is ok and normal and what respectable  people think is okay are normally two completely different things.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

whilst we are all calling this stuff out. more disgraceful scenes

Wow….watch for similar disgraceful scenes next week, should some one unexpected win the US Open….

Edited by SW5 SAINT
Edit

10 hours ago, whelk said:

All he needed to do was apologise straight away and said got caught up in heat of moment and something he should have never done and will not do it again. Woudl have passed quickly but all these fuckers try and copy Donald Trump and think they can ride anything out and this one has backfired badly.

I was particularly impressed by the Spanish FA releasing a statement saying the player said it was consensual. Only to be contradicted by the player.

Then his defiant victim speech was a work of art.

Either of which demonstrate a degree of unprofessionalism and tone deafness that should preclude him from any leadership position.

All it would have taken would have been "I got over excited in the moment and behaved poorly. I'm sorry for taking things too far.". He may still have wound up having to resign but at least his mum wouldn't be live streaming herself refusing to eat.

• Like 2

On 28/08/2023 at 21:54, whelk said:

He did apologise. These sort of things never end there as instantly then it became about getting him to resign.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/38238051/spain-government-official-wants-luis-rubiales-resign-kiss

The new video released showing the players laughing about the incident is an interesting new development.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 25/08/2023 at 06:56, Fan The Flames said:

I think it's up to the Spanish people and nothing to do with you.

On 20/08/2023 at 14:18, Baird of the land said:

Don't get the issue. Seemed just completely celebratory to me, not at all weird. Players didn't seem uncomfortable and seemed very happy going in for the hugs. Cheek kissing may not be british but it is a very european thing.

On 24/08/2023 at 13:27, AlexLaw76 said:

Looks like he is in the process of getting cancelled...

Yep....now cancelled for 3 years by FIFA. 

4 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

I'm old, I don't get it. Sorry.

I'm old as well and I really don't get the whole thing, I really don't. What he did, he did in front of literally millions of people, which would indicate to me that he bore absolutely no ill intentions whatsoever. That said I can understand that his actions may have caused the lady some distress, but in the context of what took place I'm struggling to see how he should be cancelled and effectively labelled a sex pest.  Dare I say that it appears that 'political correctness' has taken over and this moment of indiscretion means that he had to be hung out to dry. 

Apologies in advance if my view offends anybody, but as I say, I'm old, so perhaps I'm missing something but essentially I can't understand why a simple apology wasn't sufficient instead of what appeared to me to be a media frenzy intent on destroying this guys career. 

On 28/08/2023 at 19:28, Turkish said:

This is Mama in the church, could be a long hunger strike. Pucker up!

Luis Rubiales' mother vows to continue hunger strike 'until I drop' -  despite her son pleading with her to stop her protest amid 'Kissgate'  scandal | Daily Mail Online

Edited by Miltonaggro

16 minutes ago, Micky said:

I'm old as well and I really don't get the whole thing, I really don't. What he did, he did in front of literally millions of people, which would indicate to me that he bore absolutely no ill intentions whatsoever. That said I can understand that his actions may have caused the lady some distress, but in the context of what took place I'm struggling to see how he should be cancelled and effectively labelled a sex pest.  Dare I say that it appears that 'political correctness' has taken over and this moment of indiscretion means that he had to be hung out to dry. 

Apologies in advance if my view offends anybody, but as I say, I'm old, so perhaps I'm missing something but essentially I can't understand why a simple apology wasn't sufficient instead of what appeared to me to be a media frenzy intent on destroying this guys career. 

Intent is no longer a factor, it seems.

2 hours ago, Micky said:

I'm sure if he just did a simple apology then it would have all been forgotten about by now and he may well still be el presidente.

On 20/06/2022 at 00:19, Ralph Fastenbüttl said:

I'm a leftie and I'm feminist - and I mean in that the truest sense in that I believe males and females should be treated equally. I'm all for women's football, and think the quality of the women's game has increased exponentially in recent years. I'm pleased about the growth of the women's game, and am all for female commentators and officials when said individuals are suitably qualified/talented to do the job (I could listen/watch Alex Scott all day long).

But at the same time, I do not follow the women's game so it's a right pain the arse that the women's football news is intermingled with men's.

It's not uncommon for me to click a link only to find that the news I'm reading is of no interest to me. Surely the clear differentiation and segregation of men's/women's football news is in the interest of absolutely everybody because everyone wants to be able to quickly identify what they are and are not interested in? 

This

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Ted Bates Statue said:

They must be gluttons for punishment, they only got thrashed about a year ago by a Wrexham XI containing Lee Trundle (we should sign him)

It's the same game you're both talking about. The most embarrassing part isn't the result, it's the fucking woman at the start giving it the big one.

Edited by Saint_clark
  • Haha 1

What has Mary Earps done to get an MBE? She saved a badly taken penalty in a game England lost anyway, suddenly she’s fucking everywhere. Nice girl I’m sure but seriously? I’ll get one to services to football mongboards next

Edited by Turkish