Sean Dyche?

sisi1992

8 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

But it's fine to dismiss a manager after 10 bad games, after four years of comfortably keeping us up on a bottom three budget?

It's one or the other.

It’s not 10 bad games though is it. We’ve been hammered in 6 out of the last 14 by 3 or more goals, we’ve conceded two or more in all but two of those games. It’s not just a run where we’ve been a bit unlucky we’ve been abysmal. We were crap at the end of the season before last as well. The truth is he’s had two very good spells in 4 years and the rest of the time we’ve been average or utter crap. Most concerning of all is the same issues over and over again. Weird line ups, weird tactics, so easy to play against, weak mentality, crap defending, throwing away points from winning positions. We’ve needed a leader at the back for years and he’s not addressed it. Same things over and over again. I’ve been a supporter of Ralph but I think his time is coming to an end 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Kenilworthy said:

I really do not want Dyche. But the main argument I would have agreed with that he doesn't fit our style holds less and less water with every game that passes and it becomes clear that we don't actually have a style, apart from being utterly incompetent.

It’s nothing to do with ‘our style’ which lets be honest has always been a stupid line.  The big problem with bringing in a manager like Dyche is we don’t have the players to play his way all his success on a budget at Burnley relied on big strong defenders, big strong strikers and being polite a ‘direct style’ looking at our current squad we lack the necessary players.  If we are to replace Ralf we need a technical manager who wants the team to play football. Preferably one who can improve the defence and knows about an amazing striker in Madagascar that nobody else has heard of!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Turkish said:

It’s not 10 bad games though is it. We’ve been hammered in 6 out of the last 14 by 3 or more goals, we’ve conceded two or more in all but two of those games. It’s not just a run where we’ve been a bit unlucky we’ve been abysmal. We were crap at the end of the season before last as well. The truth is he’s had two very good spells in 4 years and the rest of the time we’ve been average or utter crap. Most concerning of all is the same issues over and over again. Weird line ups, weird tactics, so easy to play against, weak mentality, crap defending, throwing away points from winning positions. We’ve needed a leader at the back for years and he’s not addressed it. Same things over and over again. I’ve been a supporter of Ralph but I think his time is coming to an end 

I quite like Ralph, but it's sad that I agree with all of the above. Let's see how the transfer window ends and if that helps him, but if things don't improve by October/November time it may be curtains.

Edited by niceandfriendly
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, niceandfriendly said:

I quite like Ralph, but it's sad that I agree with all of the above. Let's see how the transfer window ends and if that helps him, but if things don't improve by October/November time it may be curtains.

Ralph can do a lot of damage by November. 

• Like 1

As well as being a very passionate manager, Sean Dyche is also very intelligent and articulate - a cut above the likes of Steve Bruce and Sam Allardyce. I thinks he could do a job if a vacancy came up.

I don't subscribe to this argument that we have recruited and built a squad around Ralph's style if play. if that was the case we wouldn't be forever playing players out of their natural positive and we wouldn't be so clueless in trying to execute it!

1 hour ago, Dell McDellFace said:

As well as being a very passionate manager, Sean Dyche is also very intelligent and articulate - a cut above the likes of Steve Bruce and Sam Allardyce. I thinks he could do a job if a vacancy came up.

I don't subscribe to this argument that we have recruited and built a squad around Ralph's style if play. if that was the case we wouldn't be forever playing players out of their natural positive and we wouldn't be so clueless in trying to execute it!

I don’t think anyone is saying it is built around Ralph’s style (does he actually have one?) what people are saying is it doesn’t suit Dyche’s style and I’ve yet to see anyone put forward a convincing argument that either our current squad could play in the same style as Dyche’s successful period at Burnley or present any evidence of him achieving success with a more progressive style.  Anyone coming in needs to be able to get results with the players already here so brining in a manager who’s best season have been playing a physical direct style would be beyond stupid!