Sinead O'Connor

ecuk268

I loved Sinead. Fascinating person with a truly beautiful voice. 
just recently been listening to her audio book Rememberings. Very troubled upbringing but unbelievable talent.

Terribly sad news and made me quite tearful

Edited by whelk

I came to this thread with trepidation thinking about how someone would throw their twopenath in about Sinead.

I’m so glad it hasn’t panned out this way.

I absolutely adored her and for my generation was agog at the strength and vulnerability wrapped up in her ethereal beauty. I am a confirmed atheist and it was only her made me question that belief. I don’t think their has ever been such a flawed, complicated and unbowed artist in my generation. I can barely watch some of her performances as they break my heart.

A fighter for the voiceless abused in Ireland and one for whom the demons came and eventually took.

I rarely feel emotion for the passing of pandering celebrities but this lady deserves her peace.

Rest easy Sinead

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Warriorsaint said:

Watch this and compare her to the likes of Katy Perry and Taylor Swift.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJqgN3tG/

That's a pretty shitty, sexist, reductionist response.

What has Katy Perry or Taylor Swift got to do with anything?

There are plenty of male performers from that era (or this era) you could name but nah, let's pick on some women.

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

There are plenty of male performers from that era (or this era) you could name but nah, let's pick on some women.

They are probably lacking in germanic origin and in the chesticle region, for our comrade.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Ok, Ill add Harry Styles and Niall Horan. My point is that she was a voice. You’ve misinterpreted my point.

Todays artists are not called, but merely byproducts of the record companies.

I made no judgement in these artists other to contrast artistry for manufactured pop and fronts for the record company.

You have inferred what you wanted to from the sentence not the intended sentiment.

1 minute ago, sadoldgit said:

Even Morrissey managed to put some words together that didn’t want to make me smack him in the mouth for a change. It is not often I agree with him but his tribute to her was spot on.

Totally agree. I have seen some lovely tributes and not from the usual celebrity mourning factory.

Sinead was a poet and saw through the pop industrial complex and was vilified for it.

A one off and Im truly sad about it. She had integrity. She was not a popstar. Never was. She sang protest for a generation.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...