April Fools

Tamesaint

Has anyone played or spotted any good April Fool jokes today ? Nerdle has a good one for any followers of that numbers based,  daily computer game . 

I once told someone at work that a Mr Lyon had tried to phone her and could she return the call. I gave her the phone number. She tried several times but not surprisingly the phone at Dudley Zoo was constantly engaged that morning. My, how we laughed. 😂😂😂

Edited by Tamesaint

I once saw a clown driving around the country in a big red bus with loads of made-up stuff written on the side, promising all kinds of joke scenarios that couldn't exist, it was so obviously a joke that I don't think anyone was fooled.

Weird thing was, it was June....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

I once saw a clown driving around the country in a big red bus with loads of made-up stuff written on the side, promising all kinds of joke scenarios that couldn't exist, it was so obviously a joke that I don't think anyone was fooled.

Weird thing was, it was June....

Yeah, you'd definitely have to be a bit dim to take a suggestion and twist it into a "promise"... ;)

• Lighthouse changed the title to April Fools
2 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

Has anyone played or spotted any good April Fool jokes today ? Nerdle has a good one for any followers of that numbers based,  daily computer game . 

I once told someone at work that a Mr Lyon had tried to phone her and could she return the call. I gave her the phone number. She tried several times but not surprisingly the phone at Dudley Zoo was constantly engaged that morning. My, how we laughed. 😂😂😂

Off the scale Bantz that one pal. Good one 🤣🤣

There have been some classics over the years - the Panorama report on the Italian spaghetti harvest, The Guardian’s travel feature on the San Serriffe islands, the report that Big Ben was to go digital…

The trouble is now there are so many ridiculous things happening in the world it feels like every day is an April Fool’s prank 😉

Not sure that April fool's works these days with so much instant communication.

The best one I remember was in the 90's - pre internet and mobile phones!. The local radio was reporting that a container ship had lost some containers going along the Solent and money and gold bars (that should have been the giveaway) had washed up on the beach in Portsmouth.

Caused gridlock on the septic isle for a good few hours!!

There have been some proper shit ones today. Aston Villa to ground share with Birmingham, VAR to be introduced in grassroots football just two of them.