Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
37 minutes ago, Paulwantsapint81 said:

Billy Sharp has announced his retirement 

Scored vital goals in 11/12 for promotion 

Good luck for the future 

Great to see him as part of the Sky team today and looked very happy with the result.

Posted
15 minutes ago, Colinjb said:

Apparently Sky did a great montage to celebrate his career, hopefully they put it online.

He got emotional with the messages from former team-mates plus the montage, understandably.

Posted

I always felt he was treated badly by Saints overall. His goals were vital to us in 11/12 and for a striker who knew where the goal was we didn't give him a chance in the Prem. Especially given all he was dealing with on the personal front at the time with their son, but maybe I'm just an oversentimental tart. 

  • Like 1
Posted
35 minutes ago, do i not like fizzy pop said:

I always felt he was treated badly by Saints overall. His goals were vital to us in 11/12 and for a striker who knew where the goal was we didn't give him a chance in the Prem. Especially given all he was dealing with on the personal front at the time with their son, but maybe I'm just an oversentimental tart. 

He couldn’t have failed to contribute more than Emmanuel Mayuka. 

Posted
1 hour ago, do i not like fizzy pop said:

I always felt he was treated badly by Saints overall. His goals were vital to us in 11/12 and for a striker who knew where the goal was we didn't give him a chance in the Prem. Especially given all he was dealing with on the personal front at the time with their son, but maybe I'm just an oversentimental tart. 

Think it was suspected at the time but Adkins admitted a few years ago that Cortese forced him to play Mayuka over him.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...