thorpie the sinner Posted 29 January, 2012 Posted 29 January, 2012 Its just I love Ikea stories!! Only thing was he was watching tennis and then football (via his twitter account)
AnthemsNotBangers Posted 29 January, 2012 Posted 29 January, 2012 Billy sharp was in ikea today,been having talks with Reading and us,you heard it here first. Billy Sharp wants to come here for a fact, it's down to us to sort out the deal.
Webby Posted 29 January, 2012 Posted 29 January, 2012 Billy sharp was in ikea today,been having talks with Reading and us,you heard it here first. In ikea? Hasn't Cortese got his own office?
Matthew Le God Posted 29 January, 2012 Posted 29 January, 2012 2886 posts mean you could be telling the truth!!!! Maybe.....Oh god, i dont know!! Reliability is based on number of forum post made? Okay, Saints are extending St Mary's to 75,000 in the next 18 months.
lordswoodsaints Posted 29 January, 2012 Posted 29 January, 2012 2886 posts mean you could be telling the truth!!!! Maybe.....Oh god, i dont know!! My son served him in there today and asked him straight up if he was coming to saints,his reply was (in northern accent) 'been talking to reading and saints,let's see what happens' I have no reason to lie as I don't gain anything from it unless you wanna pay me for my information in the future.
thorpie the sinner Posted 29 January, 2012 Posted 29 January, 2012 Reliability is based on number of forum post made? Okay, Saints are extending St Mary's to 75,000 in the next 18 months. Blimey, now thats ambition for you!!!!! 10108, yep thats the truth! See, it works everytime for trusting, gullible people liek me lol!!!
S-Clarke Posted 29 January, 2012 Posted 29 January, 2012 Be interesting if we really have stalled on the Sharp deal as we felt we had a chance with Hooper. Let's hope that we don't end up with neither.
CanadaSaint Posted 29 January, 2012 Posted 29 January, 2012 Reliability is based on number of forum post made? So Alpine has been right all along?
Monk Posted 29 January, 2012 Posted 29 January, 2012 Championship footballer shopping in IKEA? They have no class.
Ivan Katalinic's 'tache Posted 29 January, 2012 Posted 29 January, 2012 Gonna say it now & ready for the vitriol: would rather sign Sharp than Hooper. Can just see him working better with Lambo. Really hope he picks us over Reading & hope fact he was in IKEA in So'ton is a plus for us!!
thorpie the sinner Posted 29 January, 2012 Posted 29 January, 2012 So Alpine has been right all along? By my reckoning yes lol!!!! I just trust everyone!!!!
Pilchards Posted 29 January, 2012 Posted 29 January, 2012 The situation you will find with Billy Sharp is he's asked us for a certain wage a month which we have not budge down from and Reading have offered him slightly less so he has something to fall back on. We are playing the same game with Hooper & Sharp I expect. Could end up with nobody if we are not careful.
Dr Who? Posted 29 January, 2012 Posted 29 January, 2012 Which Ikea? Do not think Reading have one, well they did not 11 years ago when I lived there! So it has to be Southampton. Unless both chairman met at the Enfield Ikea with the player to have a open chat about who was to sign him? This is just weird... Forget it!
Dr Who? Posted 29 January, 2012 Posted 29 January, 2012 The situation you will find with Billy Sharp is he's asked us for a certain wage a month which we have not budge down from and Reading have offered him slightly less so he has something to fall back on. We are playing the same game with Hooper & Sharp I expect. Could end up with nobody if we are not careful. Cortese?
lordswoodsaints Posted 29 January, 2012 Posted 29 January, 2012 Gonna say it now & ready for the vitriol: would rather sign Sharp than Hooper. Can just see him working better with Lambo. Really hope he picks us over Reading & hope fact he was in IKEA in So'ton is a plus for us!! I'm with you,sharp is a similar player to hooper but will be half the price.
James Posted 29 January, 2012 Posted 29 January, 2012 I'm with you,sharp is a similar player to hooper but will be half the price. I also agree, Sharp is the player I wanted us to sign at the start of January. No reason why Sharp couldn't make the step up to the Prem with us. I mean, who would have thought players like Hammond, Chaplow etc would be in with a chance of Prem football next year? If he fits into the team then there's no reason he won't develop further with us. Get it done Nicola.
Crazy Diamond Posted 29 January, 2012 Posted 29 January, 2012 Billy sharp was in ikea today,been having talks with Reading and us,you heard it here first. Ikea? Do you mean ITK?
ART Posted 29 January, 2012 Posted 29 January, 2012 ikea? Do you mean itk? i know everything actually
Ian the Red Posted 30 January, 2012 Posted 30 January, 2012 Currently having a medical @ Southampton. Just heard exactly the same!!
Alain Perrin Posted 30 January, 2012 Posted 30 January, 2012 http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7465938/ also on Sky
Whitey Grandad Posted 30 January, 2012 Posted 30 January, 2012 Do not think Reading have one, well they did not 11 years ago when I lived there! So it has to be Southampton. Unless both chairman met at the Enfield Ikea with the player to have a open chat about who was to sign him? This is just weird... Forget it! 15 to choose from: http://www.ikeafans.com/directory/category/ikea-stores/location/United-Kingdom-/ (and before you ask, no I don't subscribe to this forum.)
Donnylee Posted 31 January, 2012 Posted 31 January, 2012 You have got yourself a great player player, never gives up, strong as an ox for his size & will give opposition defences a torrid time. The fella can put it in the back of the net as well, he will be sorely missed up here (general consenus is with Sharp we would stay up,without him we won't). Already looking forward to visiting in March he will get a fantastic reception from the Donny fans if he plays & will no doubt grab a couple of goals.
trousers Posted 31 January, 2012 Posted 31 January, 2012 You have got yourself a great player player, never gives up, strong as an ox for his size & will give opposition defences a torrid time. The fella can put it in the back of the net as well, he will be sorely missed up here (general consenus is with Sharp we would stay up,without him we won't). Already looking forward to visiting in March he will get a fantastic reception from the Donny fans if he plays & will no doubt grab a couple of goals. Greetings sir. Nice post - cheers for taking the trouble to share thoughts with us. You could teach Celtic fans a thing or two about magnaminity :-) Good luck for the rest of the season.
S-Clarke Posted 31 January, 2012 Posted 31 January, 2012 You have got yourself a great player player, never gives up, strong as an ox for his size & will give opposition defences a torrid time. The fella can put it in the back of the net as well, he will be sorely missed up here (general consenus is with Sharp we would stay up,without him we won't). Already looking forward to visiting in March he will get a fantastic reception from the Donny fans if he plays & will no doubt grab a couple of goals. Good post, appreciate your views. Out of interest....has he ever played with a ''big man'' at Donny? As we're kind of wondering how a little man/big man partnership will strike off here, with him and Lambo.
Foxstone Posted 31 January, 2012 Posted 31 January, 2012 You have got yourself a great player player, never gives up, strong as an ox for his size & will give opposition defences a torrid time. The fella can put it in the back of the net as well, he will be sorely missed up here (general consenus is with Sharp we would stay up,without him we won't). Already looking forward to visiting in March he will get a fantastic reception from the Donny fans if he plays & will no doubt grab a couple of goals. Thanks Mate and welcome to our board.. We are delighted that he has chosen to come here, and every Saints fan that I know of thinks he is a top, top signing.. I really wish you well and hope you stay up ( although we could do with beating you in March of course).. Keep an eye out for our Skate neighbours down the other end of the M27 - Their financial situation is perilous and they are trying to weasel their way out of paying bills, selling players and seeking unfair advantages where they can, but I think they are on for a big points deduction if everything is handled fairly by the football authorities.. That might send them tumbling down into the bottom 3 and perhaps give you an impetus to push forward..
Avenue Saint Posted 31 January, 2012 Posted 31 January, 2012 You have got yourself a great player player, never gives up, strong as an ox for his size & will give opposition defences a torrid time. The fella can put it in the back of the net as well, he will be sorely missed up here (general consenus is with Sharp we would stay up,without him we won't). Already looking forward to visiting in March he will get a fantastic reception from the Donny fans if he plays & will no doubt grab a couple of goals. Good luck for rest of the season.
Donnylee Posted 31 January, 2012 Posted 31 January, 2012 Thanks for the comments, the Portsmouth situation could give us a boost if reports are true they are in deep trouble, Billy has never played with a big man whilst at Donny he often played up front on his own with Hayter just behind and a couple of attacking midfielders/wingers. I have no doubt he will be a success at your place,his enthusiasum and determination is a joy to watch, he will get the goals you need to gain promotion I'm certain of that. Him & Lambert will be a frightening partnership & I'm sure you have other quality strikers as well. Good luck, I will certainly be tuning in to watch your game saturday evening.
S-Clarke Posted 31 January, 2012 Posted 31 January, 2012 Good luck for the rest of the season Donnylee. Nice to see oppo making fair comments like you have. TBF all Doncaster fans are very fair in their views. Hope you stay up.
shurlock Posted 31 January, 2012 Posted 31 January, 2012 Thanks for the comments, the Portsmouth situation could give us a boost if reports are true they are in deep trouble, Billy has never played with a big man whilst at Donny he often played up front on his own with Hayter just behind and a couple of attacking midfielders/wingers. I have no doubt he will be a success at your place,his enthusiasum and determination is a joy to watch, he will get the goals you need to gain promotion I'm certain of that. Him & Lambert will be a frightening partnership & I'm sure you have other quality strikers as well. Good luck, I will certainly be tuning in to watch your game saturday evening. So he's not big but can play as a lone man and hold the ball up. I know he revels in the fat lad from sheffield schtick but is he quick enough? Cheers
Donnylee Posted 31 January, 2012 Posted 31 January, 2012 He isn't lightening quick but he is no slouch either, despite his lack of inches he is great as a lone forward, he doesn't half knock 6ft+ defenders around, the ball sticks when he gets it, rarely loses possesion and has great vision. I'd be amazed if by the end of February he isn't a fan favourite. I know the expectation & quality is another level to us but he will rise to that, no doubt about it. What's the chances of him playing tonight?
S-Clarke Posted 31 January, 2012 Posted 31 January, 2012 He isn't lightening quick but he is no slouch either, despite his lack of inches he is great as a lone forward, he doesn't half knock 6ft+ defenders around, the ball sticks when he gets it, rarely loses possesion and has great vision. I'd be amazed if by the end of February he isn't a fan favourite. I know the expectation & quality is another level to us but he will rise to that, no doubt about it. What's the chances of him playing tonight? Didn't register in time. So it'll be Saturday live on TV when he gets his chance. It'll probably be Lambert and our new Japan international striker tonight...!
Nellie Posted 31 January, 2012 Posted 31 January, 2012 Didn't register in time. So it'll be Saturday live on TV when he gets his chance. It'll probably be Lambert and our new Japan international striker tonight...! Has this been confirmed? Wouldn't it be possible that he's been signed on loan initially (I think he would then be available tonight), which then changes to a permanent deal tomorrow? I am sure there are ways around it, and if we really want him to make an appearance, he will.
S-Clarke Posted 31 January, 2012 Posted 31 January, 2012 Has this been confirmed? Wouldn't it be possible that he's been signed on loan initially (I think he would then be available tonight), which then changes to a permanent deal tomorrow? I am sure there are ways around it, and if we really want him to make an appearance, he will. From the horses mouth, Sharp confirmed himself and he was gutted he couldn't feature tonight.
shurlock Posted 31 January, 2012 Posted 31 January, 2012 He isn't lightening quick but he is no slouch either, despite his lack of inches he is great as a lone forward, he doesn't half knock 6ft+ defenders around, the ball sticks when he gets it, rarely loses possesion and has great vision. I'd be amazed if by the end of February he isn't a fan favourite. I know the expectation & quality is another level to us but he will rise to that, no doubt about it. What's the chances of him playing tonight? Fantastic, that's great to hear. Good luck with the rest of the season.
Nellie Posted 31 January, 2012 Posted 31 January, 2012 From the horses mouth, Sharp confirmed himself and he was gutted he couldn't feature tonight. FFS, Less than twenty-four hours into his Saints career and he's already being likened to a donkey. (bugger, was hoping he might make an appearance)
Saint Garrett Posted 17 August, 2020 Posted 17 August, 2020 https://play.acast.com/s/footballpreviewshow/upfrontwithbillysharp An interesting interview with Billy Sharp - talks about his time at Saints and his frustrations of not being giving a chance in the premier league.
S-Clarke Posted 17 August, 2020 Posted 17 August, 2020 (edited) 44 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said: https://play.acast.com/s/footballpreviewshow/upfrontwithbillysharp An interesting interview with Billy Sharp - talks about his time at Saints and his frustrations of not being giving a chance in the premier league. I think most of us shared his frustrations at the time, especially during the first half of the season! He was sent out on loan pretty sharpish once we got Jay in though. We did have Jay, Mayuka (whoops) and Lambo as our options though - he would have found it tough. We didn't really play with two up that often in the PL. Edited 17 August, 2020 by S-Clarke
Saint Garrett Posted 17 August, 2020 Posted 17 August, 2020 14 minutes ago, S-Clarke said: I think most of us shared his frustrations at the time, especially during the first half of the season! He was sent out on loan pretty sharpish once we got Jay in though. We did have Jay, Mayuka (whoops) and Lambo as our options though - he would have found it tough. We didn't really play with two up that often in the PL. And Guly, who started the first match at City up top. Met him out in Sheffield after we got knocked out the cup up there, and he couldn't believe he was shipped out on loan while Mane was brought in. I think he had a lot of frustration towards the club at the time..safe to say he got that one wrong, despite Mane being absolutely useless in that game.
S-Clarke Posted 17 August, 2020 Posted 17 August, 2020 5 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said: And Guly, who started the first match at City up top. Met him out in Sheffield after we got knocked out the cup up there, and he couldn't believe he was shipped out on loan while Mane was brought in. I think he had a lot of frustration towards the club at the time..safe to say he got that one wrong, despite Mane being absolutely useless in that game. Guly was a top bloke, but if we were being truly honest he wasn't a PL player I don't think. We needed to evolve the side, which is what we did. Never will forget his contribution though, absolutely loved the years with Guly and co. For some reason he did divide opinion in the area I used to sit, never understood why. 1
John D Posted 19 August, 2020 Posted 19 August, 2020 Interesting comments attributed to Sharp on Hampshire live site where he says that Cortese told Adkins not to pick Sharp for the Man City game. Presume they have lifted this from the podcast (I've not had time to listen to it)
Saint Garrett Posted 19 August, 2020 Posted 19 August, 2020 26 minutes ago, John D said: Interesting comments attributed to Sharp on Hampshire live site where he says that Cortese told Adkins not to pick Sharp for the Man City game. Presume they have lifted this from the podcast (I've not had time to listen to it) Yeah - that was mentioned. He was told he'd be playing, then Cortese decided he wasn't and that he'll go out on lona cos we were buying other players. Guessing this was Mayuka, J-Rod,. Osvaldo and then Pelle, Long and Mane, over the years where he was out on loan.
SFC Forever Posted 19 August, 2020 Posted 19 August, 2020 I always felt that he was not given a fair shot at proving his worth in Premier League
Chez Posted 19 August, 2020 Posted 19 August, 2020 I never thought he had any outstanding attributes (pace, strength, height) that would enable him to score lots of goals in the top flight, but he has always had an eye for a goal, finishes well and gets in good positions. Players like Kevin Philips scored plenty of goals when stepping up to the Prem, despite lacking pace, so it is possible. He certainly hasn't set the world alight for Sheffield United in the top flight, but he was younger and dare I say it, a little sharper when playing for us, so maybe he would have made a bigger impact. I thought coming off the bench he might have been useful, but I guess we had to make room for others. If one of those was is Mayuka, then you know it wasn't a great decision.
Berkshire Saint Posted 19 August, 2020 Posted 19 August, 2020 He probably did deserve more of a chance with us (certainly ahead of Mayuka although he barely played either) but he didn't really tear the Championship up in the two seasons we loaned him out. He then had a disappointing season with Leeds. It was only when he dropped down to League 1 in 2015/16 with Sheffield United that he started scoring prolifically again.
Turkish Posted 19 August, 2020 Posted 19 August, 2020 (edited) On 17/08/2020 at 10:34, Saint Garrett said: And Guly, who started the first match at City up top. Met him out in Sheffield after we got knocked out the cup up there, and he couldn't believe he was shipped out on loan while Mane was brought in. I think he had a lot of frustration towards the club at the time..safe to say he got that one wrong, despite Mane being absolutely useless in that game. You’re getting your black Africans mixed up Garret. It was Mayuka he was loaned out for, Mane didn’t join until 2 years later. Ignoring the causal racism though Sharp was right to be frustrated at being shipped out for Mayuka, he was a dreadful signing and Billy couldn’t have done any worse than him. I posted a lot at the time about Corteses relationship with Adkins and how he was meddling in first team matters. Of course I was laughed at told I was trolling and didn’t know what I was on about. Here we’ve got it first hand from a player who was there at the time. Wonder if Sharp was trolling every one too 🤷🏾♂️ Edited 19 August, 2020 by Turkish 1
Ted Bates Statue Posted 19 August, 2020 Posted 19 August, 2020 27 minutes ago, Turkish said: I posted a lot at the time about Corteses relationship with Adkins and how he was meddling in first team matters. Of course I was laughed at told I was trolling and didn’t know what I was on about. So Guly's contract stipulating he had to play at least 15 minutes every game wasn't a wind-up after all...?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now