Derby v Saints - Pre Match Build Up

exit2

Not having a go at Poortvliet, but seriously - WTF? Does he actually know his best team???

I don't see what you're getting at.

That line-up has 10 of the 11 that started the first 2 games and the last pre-season games.

The only position he's changing about is the RM, which is fair enough as no-one has really done enough to make the position theirs

That line-up has 10 of the 11 that started the first 2 games and the last pre-season games.

The only position he's changing about is the RM, which is fair enough as no-one has really done enough to make the position theirs

Seems to me like White is playing the main striker role.

And apparently John has been having pain killing injections all week but still isn't fit enough so it's an enforced change as well.

Not having a go at Poortvliet, but seriously - WTF? Does he actually know his best team???

Well he clearly knows 10/11 which is damn close to knowing your best team. If this had been Burley we would have seen 5 or 6 changes. He is clearly just trying to get 1 place sorted out. I am warming to the guy and very impressed that he clearly has in his mind what is his best team, but has several options for the 11th spot and is experimenting to find the optimum. At least he has realised that BWP is not an option at present...

Well he clearly knows 10/11 which is damn close to knowing your best team. If this had been Burley we would have seen 5 or 6 changes. He is clearly just trying to get 1 place sorted out. I am warming to the guy and very impressed that he clearly has in his mind what is his best team, but has several options for the 11th spot and is experimenting to find the optimum. At least he has realised that BWP is not an option at present...

I'd like to withdraw what I said - he does clearly know most of his best team.

I was just a bit shocked to see White in there completely randomly.

Still a bit concerned about James and Surman though - no pace at all.

Saints: Davis, James, Svensson, Perry, Surman, Gillett, Schneiderlin, Lallana, White, Holmes, McGoldrick. Subs: Bialkowski, Wotton, John, Dyer, Cork

Derby: Carroll, McEveley, Green, Commons, Savage, Villa, Hulse, Mears, Davies, Davis, Albrectsen. Subs: Bywater, Kazmeirczak, Ellington, Lea****, Barazite.

Referee: Graham Laws

Kick Off: 15:00

Saints: Davis, James, Svensson, Perry, Surman, Gillett, Schneiderlin, Lallana, White, Holmes, McGoldrick. Subs: Bialkowski, Wotton, John, Dyer, Cork

Derby: Carroll, McEveley, Green, Commons, Savage, Villa, Hulse, Mears, Davies, Davis, Albrectsen. Subs: Bywater, Kazmeirczak, Ellington, Lea****, Barazite.

Referee: Graham Laws

Kick Off: 15:00

Three experienced players...oh dear:(

I suppose you could include Surman as well.

Savage for first booking:D

I'd like to withdraw what I said - he does clearly know most of his best team.

I was just a bit shocked to see White in there completely randomly.

Still a bit concerned about James and Surman though - no pace at all.

This thing about Drew having no pace. I confess that I have not seen him this season yet, is it still the case? Under Burley he was clearly unfit and was awfully slow, was just wondering from anyone who has seen him this season whether he looks fitter and faster.

This thing about Drew having no pace. I confess that I have not seen him this season yet, is it still the case? Under Burley he was clearly unfit and was awfully slow, was just wondering from anyone who has seen him this season whether he looks fitter and faster.

He just isn't a pacy player by nature.