Jack Cork

miserableoldgit

Wayne Thomas has the passing ability, vision and brain of a peanut.

All for the handsome price of £1.2m :D

Good job he played CB then Rab. We cant all be stevo-esque from the back ;)

He did a good job on Bent i thought, distribution not the best but he is an old fashioned animal type of defender.

I can see why he has been compared to Alan Hansen... very composed, appears to read the game well and actually plays the ball along the ground, which is a rare thing in the CCC. Would like to see him at right back where he would have more of an attacking threat. On the basis of one game I would happily sign him up for the rest of the season.

It's such a strange feeling actually walking out of SMS with a smile on my face, I think that this could be a very special season :)

he looks like a decent loan, and lets hope pekka is too, as a club with no money loans are vital and unfortunately loans last year were mostly sub standard. another player or two as good as guthrie was for us would be good, im so glad for a bit of optimism in the air and hope we can give all the players support this season and lets hope we can capitalise on the coming fixtures

He was excellent. Strode out of defence in the manner of a Hansen or (a bit worse) a Terry. Played it simple, and took the easy option most of the time, sign of a good defender. Really, really good signing. Things are definitely looking up.

I thought Cork played extremely well last night and looks an excellent prospect if Chelsea let us keep him. I also thought Thomas played well apart from a couple of magic moments with Cork sweeping up behind him. I think apart from corners where they looked dangerous Birmingham only had one direct shot and that was outside the box and Bart saved it well.

You can't be serious!

Thomas made mislaid passes throughout and won few of his aerial battles against smaller men.

He also kept dropping deep when the rest of the defence pushed up and played people onside.

He was useless tonight!

Agreed. First half he was poor but did improve in the 2nd half tbf.

Cork on the other hand was excellent, fantastic debut. Hope we can extend his loan to the end of the season.

I thought Cork looked terrific, and he seems really up for it and glad to be here. On the radio the other night he mentioned that he was glad to come to a club where he knew loads of people - named Fish, Adam, Jake - and that he felt comfortable in the squad.

Looks like Cork played the best part of last season at holding mid for Scunthorpe, with some right back. Same for England U-19s where he was captain.

He then steps up to play CB v McSheffrey, Philips, Bent et. al and plays as well as that!!

A Cork to plug any hole when injuries and suspensions start to bite. A great signing!

How much to buy him. I reckon £1.5 mill and I know Chelsea are desperate for the cash (??!!), perhaps not.

Better question...when is his contract with Chelsea up?? Better off with the best young team in England I am sure.......

FFS People, why's everyone agreeing with each other! There's no discussion on this forum anymore! ;)

But good to hear we have a defender playing for us that can build from the back. It is really essential in the Dutch system we're using atm that we have defenders that read the game and know how to pick out a pass as well.

That's what Reading are thinking and they're going for promotion, and they wanted to buy Andrew Surman. So I'd recommend we go and buy him.

Oh.

I believe Reading have signed their Left Back...Armstrong from Sheff Utd?

£500 grand plus add ons etc. I think it is correct. Maybe they wanted Surman for another position. Maybe he will stay...I hope so.

Ps Hope Chelsea let us sign Cork.