Cliff Michelmore

trousers

Just back from hols.

Would appreciate a quick summary of what's happened in the wonderful world of Southampton Football Club over the last 10 days.

The last time I looked we had just lost to Birmingham to put us bottom of the league, Rasiak had just left for Watford, Andrew Davies was on the comeback trail, Killer's knee had started to go sore again and Skacel was on the cusp of signing.

Oh, and the supposed takeover consortium was still kicking tyres with an eternally patient Shearer waiting in the wings.

So....anything changed ?

Cliff Michelmore?

Cliff_michelmore_headshot.jpg

This is the man. He's a retired BBC presenter of news and travel programmes. He was one of the main faces on tv in the late 50s and 60-70s. Though le god knows why he's the title of this thread. Maybe it's the travel/holiday connection. Bit tenuous though. Still lives on the IOW, I believe.

Just back from hols.

Would appreciate a quick summary of what's happened in the wonderful world of Southampton Football Club over the last 10 days.

The last time I looked we had just lost to Birmingham to put us bottom of the league, Rasiak had just left for Watford, Andrew Davies was on the comeback trail, Killer's knee had started to go sore again and Skacel was on the cusp of signing.

Oh, and the supposed takeover consortium was still kicking tyres with an eternally patient Shearer waiting in the wings.

So....anything changed :the only saints related thing i can remember is the alfred pub northam running out of doombar ale on tuesday nite , any help?

Edited by stanthemanfairoak

This is the man. He's a retired BBC presenter of news and travel programmes. He was one of the main faces on tv in the late 50s and 60-70s. Though le god knows why he's the title of this thread. Maybe it's the travel/holiday connection. Bit tenuous though. Still lives on the IOW, I believe.

It was the 'Tonight' show, 7pm most weekday evenings. Glad to hear he's still alive. He and his missus Jean Metcalfe lived in Reigate during that time.

Not many people know that...

Just back from hols.

So....anything changed :the only saints related thing i can remember is the alfred pub northam running out of doombar ale on tuesday nite , any help?

Can be easily obtained in the Lapstone or the Fox and Hounds instead !

Only drawback is that those pubs are over 200 yards walk from the ground !

• 3 weeks later...
Just back from hols.

We have found renewed optimism and have rediscovered football, happy times ahead.

the first team are most definately ON

just look back at the post derby/brum cup games threads

What's happening?

Well the children are playing magnificent football, hardly ever been prouder being a Saint.

Perhaps we should have a whip round to pay for me to go back on holiday for a few months?