Who is in for the Stadium?

Frank's cousin

If its true/confirmed thatMark Fry has a bid on teh tabel for SMS, who do we suspect its from because it could be quite nasty...

1. ALDI

2. LIDL

3. The council

4. Someone looking to set up a new SFC debt free and with no points deductions in the BS?

5. LLS -HELP!

6. someone else?

If its true/confirmed thatMark Fry has a bid on teh tabel for SMS, who do we suspect its from because it could be quite nasty...

1. ALDI

2. LIDL

3. The council

4. Someone looking to set up a new SFC debt free and with no points deductions in the BS?

5. LLS -HELP!

6. someone else?

One hell of a big site for a new Aldi or Lidl!

Nobody is going to buy SMS, demolish it and put something else there. It will not happen.

One hell of a big site for a new Aldi or Lidl!

Nobody is going to buy SMS, demolish it and put something else there. It will not happen.

You're right. It makes me laugh when I see suggestions that property developers or a Supermarket chain might buy SMS and build on the land. Think how much it would cost just to tear the bloody thing down.

You're right. It makes me laugh when I see suggestions that property developers or a Supermarket chain might buy SMS and build on the land. Think how much it would cost just to tear the bloody thing down.

Who said anything about pulling it down? You could build a LIDL on the green bit in the middle... Sort of "Middle for LIDL" if you like...

Who said anything about pulling it down? You could build a LIDL on the green bit in the middle... Sort of "Middle for LIDL" if you like...

MidLIDLe ???

Sorry :(

Can't see anyone buying it that

A. Does not have designs for the club as well

B. is not looking to make money renting to the club

or

C. there will be no deal for the club, so someone different may buy it but can't for the life of me see what they will use it for to make a decent profit.

But Rod Stewart already has a football pitch in his back garden, if you remember WGS had the team training there the evening they were late for the West Ham game a couple of yers ago.
Ahhh, but it has no seats around it......and maybe I was not being serious ;)

1. ALDI

2. LIDL

3. The council

5. LLS -HELP!

6. someone else?

facepalm.jpg

No Phil, you more than anyone knows the text route just doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry mate sent me a txt saying Echo is trying to find out who is bidding for the stadium alone.

One + One means it's obviously Samstag or Lundi as we all know

SSSSSSSSSSSShhhhhhhhhhhh it's D-Day today let's not spoil the fun

Edited by dubai_phil

Sorry mate sent me a txt saying Echo knows who is bidding for the stadium alone.

Interestingly it matches a name I heard some time ago but which hadn't been on this thread

One + One means it's obviously Samstag or Lundi as we all know

SSSSSSSSSSSShhhhhhhhhhhh it's D-Day today let's not spoil the fun

Mittwoch I think you mean!!!

So anyone the wise apart from the ECho and Dubai Phil?

Phew that's cleared up - no neither are wise

Seems the Echo tried to spook some people they know with a story saying yadda yadda as if it was common knowledge. They then thought it was the Echo saying it was rather than the Echo saying is it?

Interestingly it was a name that was mentioned in conversation after the game in the pub when people were speculating about who the other bidding group could have been backed by.

So no, we don't know and panic over seems the Echo is recruiting bar staff as their sources these days

Phew that's cleared up - no neither are wise

Seems the Echo tried to spook some people they know with a story saying yadda yadda as if it was common knowledge. They then thought it was the Echo saying it was rather than the Echo saying is it?

Interestingly it was a name that was mentioned in conversation after the game in the pub when people were speculating about who the other bidding group could have been backed by.

So no, we don't know and panic over seems the Echo is recruiting bar staff as their sources these days

Thank god for that, back to knowing nothing! I feel safer there!!!!

Thank god for that, back to knowing nothing! I feel safer there!!!!

It's really weird, can you imagine speaking to forum members, and basically re-visiting our who is backing Mr Lynam thread, throwing out all the is it overseas? could it be Monaco? is it Philip Green/Sultan of Brunei then having another member getting a call and being asked for his thoughts on being taken over by xyz simply because he was in a pub..

We truly have slipped into the Twighlight zone

Oh BTW may I recommend Angels & Demons for our assembled stressed out F5'ers. It is completely brain dead formulaic drivel without the bad hair of Da Vinci Code and a perfect antidote to being on here all day

It's really weird, can you imagine speaking to forum members, and basically re-visiting our who is backing Mr Lynam thread, throwing out all the is it overseas? could it be Monaco? is it Philip Green/Sultan of Brunei then having another member getting a call and being asked for his thoughts on being taken over by xyz simply because he was in a pub..

We truly have slipped into the Twighlight zone

Oh BTW may I recommend Angels & Demons for our assembled stressed out F5'ers. It is completely brain dead formulaic drivel without the bad hair of Da Vinci Code and a perfect antidote to being on here all day

Ah good! the book was magnificent!!!! As was the da vinci code, but look what happened to that film!!! Not quite sure what idiot cast paul bettany as silas mmmmm!!!

If there are 9,000 season tickets then assuming we can get the ground from Aviv for 15,000,000 or less, then its £1,666 each and if there are 14,000 season tickets its £1,071 each, I do not have the cash but I have a credit card.

Its a thought! we buy the stadium, and have a 14 thousanth share (or 9 thousanth) of sms and rent it to the new owners (something to leave to the the grandkids) that way we keep the ground and the owners are the custodians of the actual club gives the share holders of the ground a fair clout in the running, if required, the owners pay for the rates up keep etc and we choose which balti pies & beer we sell.

Its just if you start splitting the dept amongst the season ticket holders, it becomes a not to unmanagable sum. In the grand scheme of things.

If there are 9,000 season tickets then assuming we can get the ground from Aviv for 15,000,000 or less, then its £1,666 each and if there are 14,000 season tickets its £1,071 each, I do not have the cash but I have a credit card.

Its a thought! we buy the stadium, and have a 14 thousanth share (or 9 thousanth) of sms and rent it to the new owners (something to leave to the the grandkids) that way we keep the ground and the owners are the custodians of the actual club gives the share holders of the ground a fair clout in the running, if required, the owners pay for the rates up keep etc and we choose which balti pies & beer we sell.

Its just if you start splitting the dept amongst the season ticket holders, it becomes a not to unmanagable sum. In the grand scheme of things.

Think that's brilliant, I'll take 2, now! Probably a bit late but might have been a better option than the pledges as there is something tangible involved.

Rental could be waived in return for free/lower season tickets etc, sure there must be plenty of options.

Alan

It's certainly a thought, just a terribly shockingly bad one.

If hes renting it out, I can see Pompey there for a year or two if their new stadium ever gets built.

Pompey's chairman is trying to sell the club...most of their top players will leave this season, I can't see them surviving two more seasons in the Prem.

before they come down..Don't think they'll want to invest in a new stadium now.

If hes renting it out, I can see Pompey there for a year or two if their new stadium ever gets built.

20,000ish 'away' fans (15k skates, 5k+ away 'aways') arriving in Southampton every other week, some gnarly locals waiting for 'em, yeah, I can just see So'ton OB allowing that to happen...........

Pompey's chairman is trying to sell the club...most of their top players will leave this season, I can't see them surviving two more seasons in the Prem.

before they come down..Don't think they'll want to invest in a new stadium now.

There is no doubt that SMS itself is a real assest. If MSQ is to purchase the ground, to rent to SFC there is so much scope for other events to be happening .

As I asked in a previous post to any one who has close connections to the club whether this offer is on the table , as of yet no one has denied or comfirmed it. I'm not sure how it would be recieved by fans if we the football club did not own the ground , maybe the bidders on the table dont have sufficient funds to buy the team and ground together or the options on the table about seperate deals for the ground and club is the sticking point.

I wish some one ITK could ask around

20,000ish 'away' fans (15k skates, 5k+ away 'aways') arriving in Southampton every other week, some gnarly locals waiting for 'em, yeah, I can just see So'ton OB allowing that to happen...........

It wouldn't happen, Southampton and P*rtsmouth are one of the only rivals from different cities that are 'twinned' which means they are prevented from playing on the same day, so I very much doubt we would be able to play in the same City!

The stadium is essentially useless to anyone for day to day use apart from SFC. That's not to say it wouldn't be of interest to the council or a 3rd party to rent back to the club.

And it feels like there in lays a degree of security that Norwich Union are going to be keen to do a deal with someone who wants to save the football club.

I actually think this is a worthy debate as delays by threatening to sell the stadium to a third party to get more money seem very relevant.

Can someone tell me if a more higher sum is gained by the administrator that they in turn get a higher commision ?