Asturius Sports

pedg

17/07/2008 director appointed david robert merrington

Now that's quite an interesting date isn't it? If Fulthorpes plan was to take over on a shoe string after relegation/administration why was merrington added to the directors of this company only a couple of weeks ago?!?

Hmm

Everything had settled down for a few weeks, pre-season had gone better than many had even dreamt of. Whilst not in a state of euphoria, the fans were slightly less pessimistic about the new season than we had expected. Some of the kids may be up to the task, and we have 11 players on a pitch who actually WANT to wear our shirt.

And then a new rumour is just tossed up like a hand grenade very shortly after another alleged leak about Paul Allen.

Sorry, smells of one of the old "wounded troupe" trying to keep the divisions amongst everybody bubbling. We hadn't had games and spin since the end of last season and here it is again.

TBH - right now - eff off whoever it is, we don't need you THIS week thanks.

unless there is serious investment the last thing we need is yet another change

Agree totally and if they did watch the West Ham match hopefully they will decide, even if they do finally now have the money, to let things run their course till the end of the year and then step in if things are going pear shaped.

Hmm

Everything had settled down for a few weeks, pre-season had gone better than many had even dreamt of. Whilst not in a state of euphoria, the fans were slightly less pessimistic about the new season than we had expected. Some of the kids may be up to the task, and we have 11 players on a pitch who actually WANT to wear our shirt.

And then a new rumour is just tossed up like a hand grenade very shortly after another alleged leak about Paul Allen.

Sorry, smells of one of the old "wounded troupe" trying to keep the divisions amongst everybody bubbling. We hadn't had games and spin since the end of last season and here it is again.

Agree totally and if they did watch the West Ham match hopefully they will decide, even if they do finally now have the money, to let things run their course till the end of the year and then step in if things are going pear shaped.

Yep agree totally, can you imagaine if it changed now, it would be a friggin disaster

Yep agree totally, can you imagaine if it changed now, it would be a friggin disaster

The position is that the club needs to be financially stable for ANY new investor to begin to make a return on their investment. They would still have to get rid of "underperforming deadwood" before they bought in Ronaldo, Rooney or whatever.

They would then need to instill a new "management style and structure and culture" from the top downwards.

Today, despite our reservations, this is being done. As an investor what VALUE can they add to this process, none.

Now, this is NOT to say that the changes will be enough for financial security OR that the plan and employees (coaches and players) are the right ones.

The point is that the TIMING is wrong. It undermines what SMALL spirit is being re-kindled.

Whoever is drip feeding these leaks MUST understand that it is WRONG. Which convinces me it is somebody with an axe to grind - Crouch/Salz/Ex Execs

YES we would like investment, yes we would like new owners with money and a plan, but the PROBLEM is that we don't need it before SATURDAY, and also it will not HAPPEN before Saturday.

So they need to shut up, stop being amateurs and childish ITK'ers and let the team TRY and see if they are up to it.

It will NOT harm the buy price to wait until Monday and it will save them a LOT of work and Money to shut up until Christmas. When the investment will be more beneficial (as in they will not be tempted for that money to be used to pay last season's numpties wages)

that depends of course if the banks are getting twitchy or not (not HR ) investment has to come or we may be loking down the barrel of the gun sooner than expected.We cannot keep taking massive losses.The banks can call in loans at any time and I expect RL etc knows the enormity of the task now they have seen the books.

So whilst I agree that is it fun at the moment, a takeover financially may be needed.

if an invester came forward with serious money we have to take it, whether that is now or january or whenever. Its no good saying "yes, but not yet". We need it now IF we can keep the current manager set up and give him some money to strengthen. Let results decide his fate, not the bank balance.

that depends of course if the banks are getting twitchy or not (not HR ) investment has to come or we may be loking down the barrel of the gun sooner than expected.We cannot keep taking massive losses.The banks can call in loans at any time and I expect RL etc knows the enormity of the task now they have seen the books.

So whilst I agree that is it fun at the moment, a takeover financially may be needed.

There is still another way. I posted something ages back on TSF that seemed to get a nibble from someone.

Now that there are two shareholders working "together", it is more possible to invite a "partner" into the business either by issuing more shares OR as a JV.

Now again, MW states carefully that the property assets are "years away" from being realised which is true not just politically but also with the UK downturn in contruction.

But there IS an option to bring in a "long term" partner who works on those issues and obtains a "share" of the development profits. Low cost long term but could still bring in a source of "capital" rather than income.

We'll know how bad the finances really are by the 30th August, because I am sure that IF we don't get rid of the deadwood SOME part of the family silver will have to go. But that's 3 or 4 games away yet.

if an invester came forward with serious money we have to take it, whether that is now or january or whenever. Its no good saying "yes, but not yet". We need it now IF we can keep the current manager set up and give him some money to strengthen. Let results decide his fate, not the bank balance.

Agree 100%.

But somehow I do NOT see that a serious investor begins that activity by leaking snippets to people who post on web forums....

As in how many is this now??

Hmm

Phil - are you serious when you say pre-season has gone better than many had dreamt about. 3 draws and 2 losses aint THAT good.

Phil - are you serious when you say pre-season has gone better than many had dreamt about. 3 draws and 2 losses aint THAT good.

think he means no wholesale departures, some signings when many predicted not one, certainly one of them -Schneiderlin -looking very good, a manager unknown to us looking strong and positive etc.

I think it has gone excellently -compared to predictions.

See NP linked to Robbie Savage and ****ov today -our preseason is spreading interest and excitement.

Yep

Was expecting 3 or 4 nil slappings to be honest and a bunch of lads running around like headless chickens and a manager who didn't know what to do....

Not saying it went well, just better than expected:-)

and as Nick mentioned, we BOUGHT some players in who actually look like TCDAJFU

Out of curiosity do you have a list of the Good, The Bad and the ugly. IMHO,

I think you are GOOD. But on the other hand Trousers is different class. That was until he started going missing most of the day on those long lunches. Then again he might be out there amongst it getting good info, like the very Good poster he is.

Back

Agree 100%.

But somehow I do NOT see that a serious investor begins that activity by leaking snippets to people who post on web forums....

As in how many is this now??

to my reckoning its about the twelvtyeth :-)

see what your saying though, im sure the Glaziers didnt leak bits of info to the manure forums

I agree it is needed, but from a football point of view ie management change / player change (which I guess would happen as new board means new ideas) it means this season would have to be put back a bit in terms of set up and strategy. But syaing that Sunderland started again as such with Roy Keane / Quinn / new players in the January and they steamed the league so who knows

So...does this latest Fulthorpe 'revelation' confirm that the likes of Sundance Beast were representatives of a Fulthorpe PR company instructed to come on here to appear pro-Lowe, but in an extreme fashion, so that they would turn more people against Lowe in a reverse psychology style manoeuvre...?

Perhaps

So...does this latest Fulthorpe 'revelation' confirm that the likes of Sundance Beast were representatives of a Fulthorpe PR company instructed to come on here to appear pro-Lowe, but in an extreme fashion, so that they would turn more people against Lowe in a reverse psychology style manoeuvre...?

Perhaps

How does it explain SB's supposed hatred of Leon then?

Don't buy it to be honest.

Unless they've done PR work for Lymington Precision Engineering in the past... ;)))

Ok now this has come to light. Ill post some bits. Myself and Um Pahars were invited by one of my suppliers to the MLT suite for the West Ham game, when we were shown to our table to our surprise JF, JC, DM and another guy who I have know for years were on our table. Their business name of Asturius Sport Ltd was also in the holder. I have since downloaded the companies records for this company and there are few more names which Im not going to disclose but free to look for yourself. But JF is very much into his football and a very nice guy as were JC and we all know about DM.

"If it happens it happens" is my motto now since we have had god knows how many rumours etc.

To be fair though the company name has been know for some time, someone mentioned it on the old forum

Neither of you threw out a "so, when you guys buying the club?" comment or "will you be in the directors' box soon?" as small talk? ;)

How does it explain SB's supposed hatred of Leon then?

Wouldn't that reinforce the 'reverse psychology theory though...? i.e. a 'loose canon' praising the so called 'bad guy' and slagging off the so called 'good guy' would get get more people on the side of the 'good guy' than the 'bad guy'....?

Could just be me thinking too hard again of course....

Neither of you threw out a "so, when you guys buying the club?" comment or "will you be in the directors' box soon?" as small talk? ;)

I was just thinking the same.....which begs the question....what did you guys talk about for 3+ hours....?! ;)

any proposal for takeover would ruinwhat is happening to the club now. It is being cleansed, improved, streamlined and albeit with some hardships and struggles it will emerge a better club. Any big fix done quickly will undo all of the neccessary work. We will have investors tinkering and setting agendas and pulling the club in different directions. leave the club alone, let it go through this important time right now, the football looks like it might just bethe right brand we want and with time so with the rewards. No quick fix! I cant believe that my attitudes have changed but they have. We will be better for this current experience. If money was thrown at it we would all lose sight of what this club is all about...

Wait for UP to log on :)

Well I hope UP did not just pick on one thing they said and then attempt to ridicule them about how stupid and ignorant they were for the rest of the time ;) Maybe a side lecture on the elementary accounting mistakes they had made in their buyout plans?

Well I hope UP did not just pick on one thing they said and then attempt to ridicule them about how stupid and ignorant they were for the rest of the time ;) Maybe a side lecture on the elementary accounting mistakes they had made in their buyout plans?

Lol. Maybe UP held up pictures of rolly eyes emoticons every time they spoke.

any proposal for takeover would ruin what is happening to the club now.

Unless one of Lowe's contractual conditions for selling his shares is that any new owners adopt his 'youth' strategy and see it through until at least the January transfer window. Either way, any new owners would be foolish to impose change on the shop floor in the short term and no doubt they, if they exist, are more than aware of that.

So, no need to worry about a lack of continuity IF we get new owners and/or investment in the immediate future.

IMHO of course

Unless one of Lowe's contractual conditions for selling his shares is that any new owners adopt his 'youth' strategy and see it through until at least the January transfer window. Any new owners would be foolish to impose change on the shop floor in the short term and no doubt they, if they exist, are more than aware of that.

So, no need to worry about a lack of continuity IF we get new owners and/or investment in the immediate future.

IMHO of course

Is that opinion or FACT young trousers!!