TV fixtures for October and November announced

Pamplemousse

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160813-southampton-tv-selections-october-november-3243920.aspx

Four Southampton games have been selected for television coverage during October and November.

Saints’ games against Burnley, Manchester City, Chelsea and Everton will all be shown live on Sky Sports.

Claude Puel’s men will also take on Leicester City and Hull City away from home on Sundays due to their UEFA Europa League commitments.

Saints’ game against champions Leicester City at the King Power Stadium will get under way at 2.15pm BST on Sunday 2nd October.

After the international break, Saints will return to action live on Sky Sports, as they welcome Burnley to St Mary’s on Sunday 16th October, with a kick-off time of 4pm BST.

A week later, Saints’ game against Manchester City will also be shown live on Sky Sports. The game at the Etihad Stadium will kick-off at 1.30pm BST on Sunday 23rd October.

The month will end with another game on Sky Sports, as Saints welcome Chelsea on Sunday 30th October, with the game getting under way at 4pm GMT.

A kick-off time for Saints’ trip to Hull City, which takes place on Sunday 6th November, is yet to be confirmed.

After welcoming Liverpool to St Mary’s on Saturday 19th November, Saints will then entertain former manager Ronald Koeman and his Everton side at 4.30pm GMT on Sunday 27th November, again live on Sky Sports.

So the game at Arsenal in September will be the last time we play on a Saturday until the 19th November against Liverpool!

Edited by Pamplemousse

Blimey that is quite a lot of games for us tbf, 4 in two months especially considering there is a international break.

Not to forget that I'd expect all 6 of our Europa League games to be televised as well

That should be quite a lot of income coming in for us tbh

Blimey that is quite a lot of games for us tbf, 4 in two months especially considering there is a international break.

Not to forget that I'd expect all 6 of our Europa League games to be televised as well

That should be quite a lot of income coming in for us tbh

Better let Les know so he can up our targets in the transfer market. Good for the club to cash in but still a pain for fans.

On a personal note I find Sunday games to be frustrating, can't enjoy sociable beverages in the evening and has a negative impact on the atmosphere, also harder to find cheap rail fares . No Saturday home games for three months is crazy.

On a personal note I find Sunday games to be frustrating, can't enjoy sociable beverages in the evening and has a negative impact on the atmosphere, also harder to find cheap rail fares .

Even worse if you play football Sunday afternoons. I'm just a competent player and not vital to the team, but I still feel guilty when I can't make it.

Why is the Saints v Burnley game considered worthy of broadcasting to the country at this stage of the season ?

Key battle in our relegation fight ;)

But seriously, you wouldn't want them to always show the Top 6 right?

It is bad enough as it is in that regard.

It is the Premier League, not the Top 6 + the rest.