Bye bye Pompey ,Pompey bye bye!

simo

I can only live in hope that this puts a huge spanner in the works for the Skates,but i somehow think they will wriggle out of any legal wranglings this may bring about.

And to be honest i thought his old man owned the club anyway,and that was common knowledge, and "Sacha" was just the public figurehead.

"The Jerusalem-based Russian-Israeli businessman listed all his assets to Israeli newspaper Yedioth Ahronot, including Portsmouth which he values at £300million."

Maybe he meant the WHOLE city....

LOL we're all cracking up at Ashley reckoning he wants £300m for NU, thinking that's way over the odds.

Poopey is just a zit on the arse of football in comparison.

:D

As Saint Lard suggests the skates will somehow wriggle out of it.

Still think as soon as bagpuss does the offski, the skates will do a bolton/charlton and not be no way near as good as they are at the moment.

I thought you stripes reckoned old Baggy was the worst manager in the known univers,....Now your saying if he fecks off we will be in deep shyt.

You all blame arry for the state your in......still in George we trust:smt081

I thought you stripes reckoned old Baggy was the worst manager in the known univers,....Now your saying if he fecks off we will be in deep shyt.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Not sure you should be laughing so hard, this is pretty serious for pompey and carries som significant penalties.

We all knew who owned it, pompey went out on a limb to deny it . The FA are skint .....they could do with a big fine

Sorry to dissapoint you, but Pompey have nothing to worry about. Do you really think the Premier League gives a sh*t? If you do I think you'll find it's no more than wishful thinking on your part. We're soon to be sold anyway.

Sorry to dissapoint you, but Pompey have nothing to worry about. Do you really think the Premier League gives a sh*t? If you do I think you'll find it's no more than wishful thinking on your part. We're soon to be sold anyway.

Actually they do give a hsit . pompey had to sign a declaration that the father wasnt the owner, which they did. As i said im sure you will wriggle out of it and celebrate each goal as another one of gaymarks bombs kills another family.

Actually they do give a hsit . pompey had to sign a declaration that the father wasnt the owner, which they did. As i said im sure you will wriggle out of it and celebrate each goal as another one of gaymarks bombs kills another family.

Gemmel, I think thats a bit cheap, but if there is some merit in what you say, it looks like we are soon to have new investors so no more moral dilema. :)

Bagpuss should have never come to Saints as he only did it to spite mandic IMO. He was never fully interested in the job, so you tell me how can anyone perform competently if they are not happy?

He significant number of games to get us out of the mire but complained most of the time due to lack of quality here. He could have gone and got better loans than the ones we had. Instead of getting on with the job he whined constantly.

Yes, he did get Crouchy going for us but that was about it.

Whereas at pompey, he has carte blanche to do almost what he likes. More money to spend, able to pay higher wages - of course he is going to do better.

You obviously missed what I said in my original post. I didn't say you would be in deep ****. Just that pompey will not perform to the standard that the skates fans are enjoying now.

Bolton and Charlton are clear examples of when prominent managers have moved on. Curbishley left and Charlton got relegated. Big Sam left and Bolton didnt have an easy season either. The next manager to follow bagpuss will inevitably be under pressure from the off.

No mention of Pompey in the interview, only a picture of our proposed new ground printed by the Hebrew newspaper who also say planning permission has been granted for the new ground (you could discuss that.) Evidently the Mail's Herbrew isn't up to much. I'd recommend Davidson's Analytical Hebrew and Chaldee Lexicon published by Bagster for the shemitic languages. HTH

No mention of Pompey in the interview, only a picture of our proposed new ground printed by the Hebrew newspaper who also say planning permission has been granted for the new ground (you could discuss that.) Evidently the Mail's Herbrew isn't up to much. I'd recommend Davidson's Analytical Hebrew and Chaldee Lexicon published by Bagster for the shemitic languages. HTH

Hebrew - Lager

Herbrew - Spritzer

I cant see why he would value Pompey at £300m. I suggest he said that to get his figures up to make him feel better. You have to take your hats off to Pompey one of their fans must have found a lamp and gave it a rub and a genie came out. When you look at all the clubs in the country that could be bought and they were purchased. If I was in the authorities Id be mightily suspicious why, perhaps its easy to launder money through it.

Even the most rose tinted glassed Skate would see if they had the money why buy them when they could have bought one of the big clubs that already had the structure and fanbase, Spurs, Arsenal spring to mind.

Its dirty money in a dirty world.

The Dubai Royal Family link - love that one.

Some bad news for the sk*tes, the boys down here have BRAINS and they have ISSUES with certain parts of the Eastern Mediterranean.

Dubai Royal Family pumping 300 mil plus money for a new stadium into an entity that was bought for 32 mil and held together by brown paper string and vinegar to hide the fact that a JEWISH, potential International Criminal wishes to do business with them.

Yeah can see Sheikh Mo turning up in Tel Aviv to negotiate...

lol

The Dubai guys are more likely to buy US than the sk*tes, both stupid ideas when they can screw Ashley into the ground for about 80 mil and a promise of future pennies when Newcastle get into the CL. For that they get a REAL club

lol

The Dubai Royal Family link - love that one.

Some bad news for the sk*tes, the boys down here have BRAINS and they have ISSUES with certain parts of the Eastern Mediterranean.

Dubai Royal Family pumping 300 mil plus money for a new stadium into an entity that was bought for 32 mil and held together by brown paper string and vinegar to hide the fact that a JEWISH, potential International Criminal wishes to do business with them.

Yeah can see Sheikh Mo turning up in Tel Aviv to negotiate...

lol

The Dubai guys are more likely to buy US than the sk*tes, both stupid ideas when they can screw Ashley into the ground for about 80 mil and a promise of future pennies when Newcastle get into the CL. For that they get a REAL club

lol

Look out your window Phil. What do you see? Property development. It's what they do in Dubai isn't it. So which of the following do you think they as developers would choose:

1) Newcastle a Premier League regional team, but already developed, £200m in debt, crowd with history of hostility to the board and who want you to have KK as manager or they'll organise protests against you.

2) Pompey a regional Premier League team with very little debt, two sites to develop including one near a motorway, passionate crowd with a history of appreciation of what owners Milan and Sacha have done for them and the greatest english manager of the past decade- Harry Redknapp.

3) Southampton a local coca cola team unable even to balance the books with an already rebuilt ground built in the wrong place with a dwindling crowd having a history of criticising the board. On the positive side there is a farm to develop.

Having said that I'm more than happy with Sacha.

Look out your window Phil. What do you see? Property development. It's what they do in Dubai isn't it. So which of the following do you think they as developers would choose:

1) Newcastle a Premier League regional team, but already developed, £200m in debt, crowd with history of hostility to the board and who want you to have KK as manager or they'll organise protests against you.

2) Pompey a regional Premier League team with very little debt, two sites to develop including one near a motorway, passionate crowd with a history of appreciation of what owners Milan and Sacha have done for them and the greatest english manager of the past decade- Harry Redknapp.

3) Southampton a local coca cola team unable even to balance the books with an already rebuilt ground built in the wrong place with a dwindling crowd having a history of criticising the board. On the positive side there is a farm to develop.

Lol, dont let facts get in the way of a good story eh :rolleyes:

pompey have debts (As per your annual report) and commited debts for this financial year of over £50 million. You crowds are dwindling and some of your big earners ageing past a point of no resell value.

You cant fill your stadium now and the proposed ned stadium being funded by houses, when the arse has fallen out of the housing market, suggests that yet again, this will be put on the back burner.

As for being happy with Sasha, i think his dad has set the record straight as to the ownership of the club.

1) Newcastle a Premier League regional team, but already developed, £200m in debt, crowd with history of hostility to the board and who want you to have KK as manager or they'll organise protests against you. But with a large crowd who will still stupidly spend all their money on merchandise and tickets even when the team in front of them are utter ****e

Steve McClaren has a better record than Redknapp in the past decade. Also, "passionate" crowd they may be, but 19,000 of them aren't going to sell many shirts. Oh, and I'd hardly say £55m (as at July 07) is "very little debt". In fact, it's double ours, but you have the relative security of Premier League revenue for the forseeable future.

3) Southampton a local coca cola team unable even to balance the books with an already rebuilt ground built in the wrong place with a dwindling crowd having a history of criticising the board. On the positive side there is a farm to develop. As opposed to Pompey's crowd history of not turning up even for relegation deciding games. Also, how the **** can you judge whether SMS is "in the wrong place", unless of course we are to assume you're one of these JCL Pompey fans who jumped on the bandwagon in 2003 (which would be a fair assumption given that's where about 40% of your current fanbase has come from) and believes that out-of-town stadia are the best way for a club to progress.

Having said that I'm more than happy with Arkady the gun-runner. "Slight" correction

Sooo many holes...

uh - wrong....

The Royal Family in Dubai don't "do property development". What they do is run "Sovereign Wealth Funds" that are tasked with building a long-term spread of investments to secure the future prosperity of the country and it's citizerns (as opposed to residents)

Dubai is built upon TRADE, which is why you will find they bought out companies with long term and secure bases in the Shipping, Transportation and Infrastructure markets.

P&O ports operations world wide (except in the US), the Free Trade Zone around the world run by Jebel Ali, global Airline Reservation systems and software, even a large proportion of the (not so awful) food loaded onto aircraft at UK airports is owned by Dubai.

Like I said, they have brains and they have principles.

A SMALL SCALE property investment opportunity in where exactly? In a market that is doing what exactly?

If you were talking about Nakheel or Emaar and global development then fine, but unless it is a multi-billion dollar project with sound risk taking partners, it won't happen. (And let's face it a couple of billion would buy the WHOLE of the City of Portsmouth for redevelopment = hmmm there's an idea. Theme Parks ala Dubai Land

They are NOT likely to buy Southampton or Newcastle either, if they get anyone it will be Arsenal......

Strangely as it may seem (to Mr Ashley as well) foreigners with brilliant schemes to take lots of money off "rich Arabs" have been pitching up on these shores for 41 years. They are always warmly greeted, have nice meetings where they make their pitches which are sympathetically received. They go home thinking "wow that was great" and then wonder why nothing happens......

no history of having a go at the board. You must be about 10, you had 30years of abusing the board because you were in our shadow.

I presume the wink at the start of Eye is a skate ****le was to indicate that he / she / heshe / fish was about to write a barrow load of shet. Just a guess.

Given that he/she/it always puts a ;) smile there, and that he/she/it almost always writes complete crap, that's a fair assessment :)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Not sure you should be laughing so hard, this is pretty serious for pompey and carries som significant penalties.

We all knew who owned it, pompey went out on a limb to deny it . The FA are skint .....they could do with a big fine

Sacha is the man with the pink slip...............................He may use his pocket money off daddy to run it But he owns it:D

no history of having a go at the board. You must be about 10, you had 30years of abusing the board because you were in our shadow.

Wrong! We were abusing the owners of PFC because they were asset striping any thing of any value every chance they got and if they had got planning permission then we would now most probably be wimpy homes.

Wrong! We were abusing the owners of PFC because they were asset striping any thing of any value every chance they got and if they had got planning permission then we would now most probably be wimpy homes.

Without wishing to get into the attendance argument, they sold players as the club was losing money due to low attendances.

Anyway, back to the argument in hand - If you have read the thread you will now down sasha doesn't own you - daddy does and i hope that the FA (Quite rightly) come down very hard on you. I am however fully expecting your lot to wriggle out of it, although there might be some fun to have watching it all go on

Great wishful thinking scumlettes. Unfortunately PFC had already issued the following statement yesterday before Gemmel even started the thread. Seems as if the Times (who picked up the report that the Mail copied), in their eagerness to muck rake, put 2 + 2 together and made 100. I've highlighted some key points in case some of you don't spot them yourselves.

Pompey today denied reports that the club is owned by Arcadi Gaydamak and not his son Sacha.

The confusion arose from an interview with Arcadi in a Hebrew language newspaper in Israel, which was picked up by The Times today.

According to The Times, the Russian-Israeli businessman, who is running for election as mayor of Jerusalem, allegedly claimed he owned the club.

Club spokesman Gary Double said today: 'This is absolute rubbish. Portsmouth Football Club is owned 100 per cent by Sacha Gaydamak not his father.I have seen a translation of the Israeli article and there is no mention whatsoever in the interview of Portsmouth Football Club.'

He added: 'The paper ran a dozen or so pictures of Arcadi's assets and one of them showed a picture of our proposed new ground and the caption said we had already got planning permission for it. As we all know, that is rubbish.'

He said the caption also claimed the club was worth £300m.

So, no actual mention in the article from Gaydamak Snr saying he owned the club, just a photo of our proposed new stadium and an Israeli newspaper (not Gaydamak) valuing the club at £300m.

However, I've been told that there are three groups/ individuals who all have offers on the table to buy Pompey, all three of which are for £80 - £90m and all the interested parties have funds that make what Gaydamak has invested seem like chickenfeed. One group is Thai, one individual is Russian and the other is (rumoured, don't know for sure) to be Hong Kong/ Chinese. The arab link in the Sunday tabloid is apparently bogus. Although I guess they could put in a bid themselves.

Sorry, you all got excited for nothing :D

Great wishful thinking scumlettes. Unfortunately PFC had already issued the following statement yesterday before Gemmel even started the thread. Seems as if the Times (who picked up the report that the Mail copied), in their eagerness to muck rake, put 2 + 2 together and made 100. I've highlighted some key points in case some of you don't spot them yourselves.

Pompey today denied reports that the club is owned by Arcadi Gaydamak and not his son Sacha.

The confusion arose from an interview with Arcadi in a Hebrew language newspaper in Israel, which was picked up by The Times today.

According to The Times, the Russian-Israeli businessman, who is running for election as mayor of Jerusalem, allegedly claimed he owned the club.

Club spokesman Gary Double said today: 'This is absolute rubbish. Portsmouth Football Club is owned 100 per cent by Sacha Gaydamak not his father.I have seen a translation of the Israeli article and there is no mention whatsoever in the interview of Portsmouth Football Club.'

He added: 'The paper ran a dozen or so pictures of Arcadi's assets and one of them showed a picture of our proposed new ground and the caption said we had already got planning permission for it. As we all know, that is rubbish.'

He said the caption also claimed the club was worth £300m.

So, no actual mention in the article from Gaydamak Snr saying he owned the club, just a photo of our proposed new stadium and an Israeli newspaper (not Gaydamak) valuing the club at £300m.

Sorry, you all got excited for nothing :D

Well if gary double says so....it's just that the Times might carry slighty more weight.

This is written as a direct quote ? (Cut and pasted)

Arcadi Gaydamak says his son, Alexandre (above), is not in charge.

He also insists Portsmouth’s proposed new ground will be built in partnership with the Dubai royal family, who today denied they were in negotiations to buy Liverpool ....another quote???????????????

Gaydamak listed all his assets, including Portsmouth....not the newspaper then corp, gaydmark listed his assets

I would reckon that even prior to this story that if pompey fans were offered a free million pound bet on who really owned portsmouth, then they would plump for gayboy senior.

I think mr double, may be refferring to another article :D

Well if gary double says so....it's just that the Times might carry slighty more weight.

This is written as a direct quote ? (Cut and pasted)

Arcadi Gaydamak says his son, Alexandre (above), is not in charge.

He also insists Portsmouth’s proposed new ground will be built in partnership with the Dubai royal family, who today denied they were in negotiations to buy Liverpool ....another quote???????????????

Gaydamak listed all his assets, including Portsmouth....not the newspaper then corp, gaydmark listed his assets

I would reckon that even prior to this story that if pompey fans were offered a free million pound bet on who really owned portsmouth, then they would plump for gayboy senior.

I think mr double, may be refferring to another article :D

Sorry Archie, Gary Double was referring to this piece, which of course he's actually read and you haven't. As Double says, there is no mention of PFC in the article. You say there's a direct quote from Gaydamak Snr - not in the Mail's article there's not. Read it again and note that there's no translation of the actual article, just sensationalist "highlights". Of course, it does say that the new ground will be built in conjunction with the Dubai royal family (great news for us if true, **** news for Saints fans :D) but doesn't mean that he's the owner.

Read the Mail article again and try and find one direct quote

Do you really think your spokesman would admit this ?????

Gary Double - 'oh yeah it's true , of course we're really owned by a corrupt gun runner who has an international arrest warrant out on him' , 'we pretend his son is in charge to pass the FA's fit and proper test but everyone knows he doesn't have his own money and daddy pays for everything'

The net is closing .......

nonsense you had Gregory? and the owners before that I can't reacll their name but were local builders.Thye both lost fortunes trying to get you up and then you went skint.

Your fans abused them over at least 20 years.Probably before your time as Pompey were not in the PL then.

I didn't say we had no history of abusing the board but that was a long time ago in the days of Gregory because the club was being asset stripped by Blue Star Garages the holding company steered into bankruptcy. Unlike those northern pansies in Newcastle we took direct action holding up the game on the pitch at half time against Grimsby and yes I was there and camping outside the chairman's home, no I wasn't there. Seemed to work. However our recent history has been to support our foreign owners and be grateful for what they've done for the club. Further back than Gregory I'll have to bow to your more intense interest and knowledge of our club. Don't think your shadow came into it much, it's not as if you achieved anything much in the top flight. It was a bit like this Summer you keep thinking the sun's going to come out but it doesn't. No sunshine no shadow

nonsense you had Gregory? and the owners before that I can't reacll their name but were local builders.Thye both lost fortunes trying to get you up and then you went skint.

Your fans abused them over at least 20 years.Probably before your time as Pompey were not in the PL then.

Nick

I think the Deacon family ran Pompey for many years as they could not get in at Saints for some reason.

If I remember they are a Southampton family of Builders? Money probably not a lot hence Pompey in poor condition to date.

The whole story re Deacon is a bit vague to me.. Sorry.

:D Nickh,,,my dear boy The fist time i walked through the gates of fratton park was 1970;)...so you could say Ive read the book seen the film and ate the pie, John Deacon srn was at the helm, i to heard the rumor the reason he was our chairman was you told him to feck off (wise desision;))....If you are that interested in our colorful past Try JWs book store he might have just what your looking for:D