England v Germany

Um Bongo

2-0 already.

Awful, f**king awful. Our defence is woeful, and we look like a bunch of old men against the enthusiams of youth.

Rooney is listless and clueless again, and our single tactic is to (over)smack the ball up the middle and hope it finds someone.

At least it will be only 90mins and not 120....

first 30 mins went as i expected. Germans have done their homework, pressed us and against the first proper test our defence was shambolic at times.

Then a big shock as the Germans fell asleep at a short corner, and 'the goal that wasn't' was an even bigger shock.

Key team talk here for Capello, the Germans will go straight back to their game plan and it's up to us to whether we compete or let "the goal that wasn't" stick in our minds, get frustrated and get overrun.

I'm sure all of us England fans will be consoled by FIFA's "we very much sympathise with England's situation but the linesman must see the ball cross the line" statement afterwards.

Blatter et al. must have spat their champagne out in laughter. Pay back for '66.

Besides the game doesn't get decided by one awful decision, I bet the Germans know that, do we?

Edited by JackFrost

There's the poor England moment everyone will cling on to conveniently forgetting the first 2 games, shouldn't even be playing the ****ing krauts.

I can see the Germans winning this 4-1 or 5-1 if Capello doesn't get the dressing room together.

If we decide to compete in the second half we have half a chance.

If we decide to moan, get frustrated and don't concentrate the Germans will overrun us

FO Fabio and take Terry, Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney and Heskey with you. Get some young lads in to play as a team, not a bunch of billy-big-******** out for personal glory.

Theo must be ****ing himself laughing right now.

I can see the Germans winning this 4-1 or 5-1 if Capello doesn't get the dressing room together.

If we decide to compete in the second half we have half a chance.

If we decide to moan, get frustrated and don't concentrate the Germans will overrun us

I called it from half time.

We were outclassed. Simple as that.

The goal was still stuck in the England players minds and it showed. Can you imagine us defending like that against Messi , Tevez etc.etc.? They'd have torn us apart.

Germany have a decent team, not as good as the South American teams but they are very good at what they do and what they have at their disposal.

If we'd have been defending a dangerous free kick with a 2-1 lead we'd have got all 11 players behind the ball, hoofed the clearance, invited more pressure.

The Germans were looking at where our players were to get players ready to counter attack before we'd even swung the ball in. They do their homework and always get the job done.

The English team is run by greed, self indulgence, reputation and hype and little substance. The England team is a marketing product. Just because the players earn 100k every week they think their world beaters and sod putting any effort in. And we aint getting to any world cup semi finals unless it changes.

One moment summed it up perfectly. Instead of bringing on our most potent goalscorer in the last couple of years (Crouch), we went 4-1 down and brought Emile Heskey on to save the day!!!

Edited by JackFrost

Lampard and Barry were f**king awful. Gerrard's sense of where the goal was just wasted chance after chance. Rooney - I dont even know where to begin. Did he send his crap twin brother to South Africa ?

We need a complete rebuild before Euro 2010 starts. Terry, Lampard, Gerrard, Barry all need to be gone, and I would think twice before building the team play round Rooney again..

The English team is run by greed, self indulgence and hype and little substance. Just because the players earn 100k every week they think their world beaters and sod putting any effort in. And we aint getting to any world cup semi finals unless it changes.

Excellent comment.

I simply could not believe that third goal. Not only was the freekick plain sh*t from Lampard, he didnt even bother running back to help stop the counter attack until it was far too late.

Hodgson or Redknapp (I hate to say it, and will get it on the forums) for me as England manager.

But just has to be someone who know the English mentality, we dont keep ball, never have.

And just pick the people that have played well and are not injured near the end of season...

King, Ferdindand, Cole - all injured pretty much all season

Rooney - injured near the end.

Darren Bent should have been picked.

Excellent comment.

I simply could not believe that third goal. Not only was the freekick plain sh*t from Lampard, he didnt even bother running back to help stop the counter attack until it was far too late.

To be fair that was Barrys fault - as the holding midfielder he just ran with the ball into the edge of box and then got mugged by a few quick Germans. Harsh to blame Lampard for that. If Barry had knocked the ball out left the goal wouldnt have come.

wow, that was pathetic.

The England media are as much to blame for the expectation as anyone, where are these world class players they keep bollocking on about? We don't have any. They are ''good'' club level players, when they are around the foreign players

Lampard - Essien at Chelsea

Terry and Carvhalo at chelsea..

gerrard and masch at liverpool....

the foreigners make our players look much better than they actually are. I'm not saying they're crap crap players, they're just not world class as the media keep boasting.

an example of a proper international class player is David Beckham, and unfortunately we couldn't use him. Goals at world cups, euros, real madrid, ac milan... man utd. None of the current players in our team would get close to that sort of level.

We're too slow at the back, Glen Johnson and Upson are not international players and never ever will be. They're there because we have no better, that's the crux of it.

Yep the 2-2 should have stood, but that doesn't matter because we deserved to lose that 2/3 times over. Abysmal, and Capello needs to shoulder some blame as well for this.

Pathetic preparation.

Let's just enjoy the rest of the world cup now. and roll on the new season....

That was such a bad game, plus I'm going to blame the Primier League for not making sure more english players are developing at the top club with them just buying.

I feel c**p and Fab should go.

Capello is undisputed at club level and his honours are up there with the best, but i think he's tried to bring his club management style onto the international scene and is too stubborn to change his way, and i think you need to. You cannot manage an international team the same as a club team, it doesn't work.

wow, that was pathetic.

The England media are as much to blame for the expectation as anyone, where are these world class players they keep bollocking on about? We don't have any. They are ''good'' club level players, when they are around the foreign players

Lampard - Essien at Chelsea

Terry and Carvhalo at chelsea..

gerrard and masch at liverpool....

the foreigners make our players look much better than they actually are. I'm not saying they're crap crap players, they're just not world class as the media keep boasting.

an example of a proper international class player is David Beckham, and unfortunately we couldn't use him. Goals at world cups, euros, real madrid, ac milan... man utd. None of the current players in our team would get close to that sort of level.

We're too slow at the back, Glen Johnson and Upson are not international players and never ever will be. They're there because we have no better, that's the crux of it.

Yep the 2-2 should have stood, but that doesn't matter because we deserved to lose that 2/3 times over. Abysmal, and Capello needs to shoulder some blame as well for this.

Pathetic preparation.

Let's just enjoy the rest of the world cup now. and roll on the new season....

Totally agree, once again the foreign player debate will come into play.

You lot should be pleased, you'll have something legitimate to moan about (Lampard's "goal") for years to come...

I think you'll find that the awful performance will linger in the memories longer than that 'goal'. We were crap in all four games and we only scored three goals. We got what we deserved.