England v Germany

Um Bongo

His goal wouldn't have changed a thing. We were utter garbage, the whole team should hang their heads in shame. A total bunch of 'Giveinskis'. No guts, no pride, no passion - no idea! Get rid of the Wop and bring an Englishman into the Manager's position.

The Englishman that we need was sat on the bench, to Coppello's left.

Stuart Pearce, more balls than all those on the pitch had. I bet he's alone in some room, crying frustrated and angry, at our dire and inept, gutless performance.

I don't think that the manager has to be English, he just has to pick the best squad and get a decent team together. Upson, Wright-Phillips, Lennon, Heskey....why? Gerrard on the left. Terry on the right. Two full back who can't defend and who have no postional sense. Lampard and Gerrard together. No no 1 keeper going intot the competition. Taking players who are not fit - King, Barry, Rooney. David Beckham. Why? Grey shirts (ddidn't someone think to tell Capello about grey shirts, even under suits). Lets face it, we just don't have the right DNA for these competitions. It worked for us once in 1966 but can you honestly see this country ever winning another World Cup?

Since the day Sir Alf subsituted Bobby Charlton whne 2-0 up, we have been hopeless, contrast our record with Germany's from that day.

Dario Gradi tells a story that if you give 10 English players a ball and a pitch, they will all smash the ball into the back of the net as hard as they can.If you give foregin players a ball each, they'll do keep ups and work on their skills. He said, until we change that mindset, we'll never compete at international level.

Was something i came up against when i done my coaching badges mate, unfortunately none of the companies that i worked for (one of which was Saints) shared my opinion that we should develop a more continental approach to teaching youngsters, although i paid for and downloaded/bought continental coaching techniques and put my opinion across and actually i got a broadside when i attempted it with a group of under 5's, although it was working.

The English will always coach one way, it will never change mate.

Edited by Smirking_Saint

The whole sorry mess of Capello's decision making in this competition was summed up when, 3-1 down and needing goals he not only decided to bring Heskey on but he took off a striker, Defoe. Admittedly the germans scored again before the useless tub of lard got on the pitch but please, where is the sense ?

Had he bought him on as an extra, and I use the word lightly, striker then thats one thing but to swap one for another was incredibally inept.

And lets just remember who scores goals when bought on as a sub for England - Peter Crouch - yet Capello ignored him and went for a guy who hasnt scored since February.

The players were by and large awful, no argument, BUT you cannot blame them for basic tactical **** ups like that.

Probably not although it is hard to see things getting any better with him here. Who else though? Redknapp? God help us.

As much as i hate the c*nt, he always always talks sense and will make a great manager playing attacking football and gets the best out of players.

The thing i hated about after the game today was when you saw the Italians go out, they were crying and inconsoleable, Lampard was smiling and changing shirts. It looked more like players p*ssed off they were missing their off season holidays then playing for the country in arguably the LAST chance of a world cup they could.

Fair play to Gerrard, Terry and James who looked upset, but the others looked unfazed. C*nts

The simple problem is too may foreigner in the Premier League, meaning so many English players do not get a chance at the top level, if we did not have so many foreigners in the PL the likes of Lambert would probably be playing at a higher level, and consequently the amount of players available to the England manger would be widened, because as we all know the England manager will not look outside the PL.

Was something i came up against when i done my coaching badges mate, unfortunately none of the companies that i worked for (one of which was Saints) shared my opinion that we should develop a more continental approach to teaching youngsters, although i paid for and downloaded/bought continental coaching techniques and put my opinion across and actually i got a broadside when i attempted it with a group of under 5's, although it was working.

The English will always coach one way, it will never change mate.

It's the same at all levels. I played in a multi national league in FLA, only parks standard,but it was well organised and competitive. It was exactly the same, there was Italians, Mexicans,Cubans,Germans,Danes, and Poles all knocking the ball about and showing great skill. Then there was us and a team of Jocks, we just played a typical British game. We were pretty sucsessful and nobody liked playing against us, but it was just our determination and spirit that got us through.We had some pretty good local players, but some of the skill and passing the foregin sides had, put us to shame.

I dont blame the manager normally, but this time I will do so.

I fully agree the players need a lot of stick but it was always a mistake IMO not to include the raw pace of Walcott in the squad. he would have turned these defenders and he only needs to do it once or twice a game for it to work.I heard the calls for Joe Cole but can anyone say that he did 1 thing any good in any of his appearances? Barry and Lampard have no pace and so the younger midfielders poured through into our exposed defence.

Swapping Terry into his wrong side just to fit Upson in is madness.The same by moving Gerrard to the left nullikfied his game.

To bring Heskey on at that stage also ?????

Barry and Terry were both caught in possession right up the pitch ,and the germans broke away and scored. Very sad

Thank God we are now out and we can sit back and watch 22 players on a pitch play football, because there is no way (apart from a 10 minute period in the first half today and 10 minutes against Slovakia where we deserved to be called a Footballing Nation.

Utter garbage

England's players of the tournament - Warnock, Dawson, Hart and Carrick.

I heard the England team were going to have an open top bus trip in London when they get back next week, not as a celebration, just for a spot of sightseeing.

In all seriousness, I suppose this raises the question of whether the English team will ever be a force in World football again. I can't see it, in its current state, I know that the FA is bringing in the English youngsters rule into domestic competition but will that really change things? Who knows. Would a Great British team work? Merging England and Wales? Should goaline technology be brought in? So many questions...

Easy way to sort this out. Play for your country for nothing or F**k off. I remember as interview with once that S Pearce had in a national paper, he had a chat with an England Under 21 and asked what means more the Cap or the Lambo. The car won and that is what sums up England. The Prem and Euro means more to this bunch of over paid pre modonas than the WC. We will never ever get close whilst the Premier leaque runs the roost over England.if Wimbledons best team was put against Germany i fancy WFC would win. I would rather had Benson and Hedges over this lot (Mike bassett Footy Manager). Shame is that 90% of Englands support is from lower leaque clubs, note the flags that adorn the stadiums have been treated very poorly by our overpaid off on holiday soon to Florida or wherever. Quite frankly this bunch of England players should give their money erned from the WC to a UK charity.

So without a root and branch review and totally new approach, England will never win anything.

:thumbup:

This. So much this. Sadly, it's too late to make the investment and produce a team for a potential world cup on home soil in 2018, but we certainly need to start planning for the long term. Unfortunately, the PL is all powerful thanks to the money/politics so it will always be a short term view, which means many, many more years of incapable England teams.

I think it is too easy to blame the manager, we always do. Like today people saying with 20 mins to go we took off Defoe and put Heskey on. Who else was there? We had Crouch and Heskey on the bench. Either of them would of meant the same style being played. Everyone was crying out for Joe Cole and in his 45mins or so in the cup he did feck all. It is easy to say "if you did xyz then xyz would of happened". The reality is it probably wouldn't. The players are to blame, pure and simple. Many of these people earn so much that they now live in a different world to the rest of us. They forget what it means to play for your country. This is why in my view we need to now drop those with huge egos and start looking at the kids. Those nippers will put a 110% into it and do us proud. The manager has proven his ability. Won every cup you can win, even qualified with ease. We tried the whole "get a manager the players like" in Mcclaren and that ended in us not even making it to the finals. You can't make a team around pre-maddona type players. If you look at the Brazil team they have dropped those type of players. It is time we did the same.

This is why in my view we need to now drop those with huge egos and start looking at the kids. Those nippers will put a 110% into it and do us proud.

And before you know it, the kids get snapped up by big teams on massive salaries, they too lose touch with reality and the cycle repeats itself.

As I said above, the PL has the power, not the FA, which is a complete joke and a pointless organisation in its current form. Money rules. It is a sham that the rich get richer at the cost of the grass roots of the game and this is a huge reason for the position that we, as a footballing nation, find ourselves in now :wave:

Well just in from a family Barby, that was a a pathetic performance. The players were awful today the manager if he had any shred of pride would offer his resignation. We have a team of stars that get into the team because of their reputation, what we need is someone to make tough decision's on the likes of Gerrard & Lamphard PICK players in their correct position, & lets make a team. Its not rocket science. & What the F**k was that IDIOT Capello thinking of we were 3-1 down & he starts warming up F**KING HESKY what a retard, why oh why did he not give Crouch a chance a real chance. Rooney has been W**k all tournament, the full backs were just plain awful today Johnson & Cole were out of position for 2 of the goals.

This whole campaign has been a complete shambles, from start to finish. They should make the useless C**ts come home by bus & Boat. Yet again we take unfit partially injured & out of form players. Then there is Emile Heskey, not his fault he is put in this position (that is down to Capello) the bloke just offers nothing nothing at all, that is why Martin O'Neil doesn't play him for Villa.

I just don't know where we go from here, God I wish we had a Brian Clough who could build a team not a group of eleven of stars. Try Picking players in there proper position's & pick strikers who actually score goals.

Quite frankly this has been such a poor tournament that I can remember, yes we've had disappointing results in years gone by but this whole world cup has been appalling.

Rant Over :?

Easy way to sort this out. Play for your country for nothing or F**k off. I remember as interview with once that S Pearce had in a national paper, he had a chat with an England Under 21 and asked what means more the Cap or the Lambo. The car won and that is what sums up England. The Prem and Euro means more to this bunch of over paid pre modonas than the WC. We will never ever get close whilst the Premier leaque runs the roost over England.if Wimbledons best team was put against Germany i fancy WFC would win. I would rather had Benson and Hedges over this lot (Mike bassett Footy Manager). Shame is that 90% of Englands support is from lower leaque clubs, note the flags that adorn the stadiums have been treated very poorly by our overpaid off on holiday soon to Florida or wherever. Quite frankly this bunch of England players should give their money erned from the WC to a UK charity.[/QUOTE]

Feel free to shoot me down, but I think every apperance fee, the players do donate to charity?

Shouldnt get one anyway.

I've just been reading the post-match comments on the BBC site, and came across this one :

"So disappointing but hardly surprising taking note of England's lacklustre performances in this World Cup. They don't have the cha rismatic players nowadays; Scholes, Ferdinand and even Beckham. John Terry look s so fed up and bored! All the soldiers here started leaving early after Germany scored the 4th...that was the nail in the coffin. RIP England. "

Shaun Ruddick, Camp Bastion, Afghanistan

I am so f**king annoyed now. Some of those soldiers, who really wear "the badge" with pride, will almost certainly not be coming home, leaving heartbroken partners and children behind.

Yet Frank Lampard cannot kick the ball straight, Steven Gerrard cant hit the target, and Wayne Rooney cant sing the f**king national anthem or even run when needed.

C**ts, the lost of them.

I could see those f*cking counter attacks coming before any of our apparently world class players could. Whats more I would have dealt with them better. Badger for England.

Yep.You and I for the centre of defence.

The decision to leave theo behind is the one that really baffles me. Instead of taking him we send him off on holiday and take shaun wright philips instead?? How is that developing our team for the future. Although we have been fantastically poor in this competition you cannot overlook the major impact of disallowing the lampard 'goal'. FIFA and more importantly blattter ned to have a real look at how they can help the officials in the middle to get these massive decisions right - to give them another option. Motson and co are talking a complete load of ******** when they say the fans would rather have the opportunity to 'debate' these decisions - I for one just want to know that the decisions that are being made are as correct as they possibly can be and if this means going to a tv replay then so be it.

Absolutely horrendous display. If you are a professional footballer and can't 'get up' for a world cup match against our fiercest rivals, then you shouldn't be wearing the jersey. We appear to have lots of players who can (and do) 'talk the talk' to the media leading up to games, but very few who can actually back it by 'walking the walk'. If an under 14's team had given such a display I would have ripped into them for thier naivety and lack of basic skills - this was our National Team FFS.

It got to the point where it was so bad it was comical, absolutely hilairious. I have never seen such inept passing, tackling, shooting or management all rolled into one game. WTF was Wayne Rooney doing - he couldn't trap a bag of cement, was slow uninterested and generally couldn't give a toss - and he has the audacity to slag the fans. Over the course of the tournament he has to be our worst player - shyte.

4 - 1 down, needing a goal scoring miracle to descend, and Fabio turns to none other than that prolific striker Mr Emile Heskey. Please somebody, remind me of his stats, how many and when was the last time he scored a single goal for his country let alone 3?

I used to be teatotal - I'm off to buy a bottle of scotch - that was embarrassingly painful.

Edit: Heskeys England stats, not good reading when you are lookin for goals!

National team Season Apps Goals

England 1998–99 2 0

1999–2000 7 1

2000–01 7 1

2001–02 13 2

2002–03 5 1

2003–04 9 0

2007–08 2 0

2008–09 8 2

2009–10 9 0

Total 62 7

Edited by Micky
Inserting Emiles Goal stats, or lack of them..!

I've just been reading the post-match comments on the BBC site, and came across this one :

"So disappointing but hardly surprising taking note of England's lacklustre performances in this World Cup. They don't have the cha rismatic players nowadays; Scholes, Ferdinand and even Beckham. John Terry look s so fed up and bored! All the soldiers here started leaving early after Germany scored the 4th...that was the nail in the coffin. RIP England. "

I am so f**king annoyed now. Some of those soldiers, who really wear "the badge" with pride, will almost certainly not be coming home, leaving heartbroken partners and children behind.

Yet Frank Lampard cannot kick the ball straight, Steven Gerrard cant hit the target, and Wayne Rooney cant sing the f**king national anthem or even run when needed.

C**ts, the lost of them.

Agree totally with your entire post.

Rooney's refusal to sing the national anthem is in my view a disgrace.He should have chosen to play for Republic of Ireland as his brother has stated his ambition is to given the chance but no doubt the ££signs are too lucrative with England.

They are a bunch of c^nts indeed.

Over paid pretty boys.

Enjoy yours holidays boys.

You were all useless.

**** off to your £100,000 + a week jobs at your clubs.

Never mind that we expect more from you, if I had your average wage for two weeks I would be mortgage free and would enjoy the rest of my life with out debt.

You are all over paid losers.

Agree totally with your entire post.

Rooney's refusal to sing the national anthem is in my view a disgrace.He should have chosen to play for Republic of Ireland as his brother has stated his ambition is to given the chance but no doubt the ££signs are too lucrative with England.

They are a bunch of c^nts indeed.

That dullass is so thick that he probably forgot the words.

Everyone who started that game with the exceptance of maybe Milner and Defoe should be banned from playing for England for 3 competitive matches. For some, such as Lampard and Barry - a life ban is required for what has been a woeful world cup by their standards.

Over the 4 matches:

Green 2 - tw*t for USA incident

James 6 - not too bad, now he needs to make the sensible decision and pull AA's pants down

Johnson 4 - far too inconsistant for me

Terry 4 - was fairly average until that shower of sh*t against the Germans

King 7 - a good first half against USA but always injured ffs

Carragher 3 - diabolical, no pace, not good enough

Upson 5 - he did well against slovenia but was out of his depth yesterday. shows his ability IMO.

A Cole 6 - can't really fault him, but expected and needed more from him too...

Milner 7 - he played very well in the last 2 games - needs to stay in the team

Lennon 7 - capello is an absolute turd for thinking SWP is better than Lennon

SWP 2 - worst player in the squad. a car crash happening in front of your eyes.

Barry 3 - nowhere near the standard required. poor passing. no pace.

Lampard 3 - he seemed to put in no effort during the group games. better against germany but still a disgrace

Gerrard 6 - opposite to lampard, the danger player during the groups - well done stevie-g for huffing and puffing

J Cole 6 - looked dangerous but didn't have the time to prove it. "capello is an absolute turd for thinking SWP....."

Heskey 5 - he did his job, but we need goalscorers playing up front for England

Defoe 6 - can hold his head up high

Rooney 1 - the most shocking, outrageous performances ever seen to man. there's always 2014

Crouch 5 - didn't add anything new to the team

I think it is too easy to blame the manager, we always do. Like today people saying with 20 mins to go we took off Defoe and put Heskey on. Who else was there? We had Crouch and Heskey on the bench. Either of them would of meant the same style being played. Everyone was crying out for Joe Cole and in his 45mins or so in the cup he did feck all. It is easy to say "if you did xyz then xyz would of happened". The reality is it probably wouldn't. The players are to blame, pure and simple. Many of these people earn so much that they now live in a different world to the rest of us. They forget what it means to play for your country. This is why in my view we need to now drop those with huge egos and start looking at the kids. Those nippers will put a 110% into it and do us proud. The manager has proven his ability. Won every cup you can win, even qualified with ease. We tried the whole "get a manager the players like" in Mcclaren and that ended in us not even making it to the finals. You can't make a team around pre-maddona type players. If you look at the Brazil team they have dropped those type of players. It is time we did the same.

Heskey: 7 goals in 62 appearances.

Crouch: 21 goals in 40 appearances.

My money is on Redknapp for the next England manager. The country (less Saints fans) will be determined to get a respected English manager in for the Euro qualifiers. Arry is there in South Africa, and there for a reason. He's no fool.

Watch Arry take the England managers slot.

Would it be possible to manage England from Parkhurst Prison, mind the rest of the team should be there with him, for getting money under false pretrences.

Capello should go - he got the squad wrong, and the teams wrong, and the substitutions and tactics wrong. Anyone who consistently plays Heskey and rates SWP is unsuitable for the post of England Manager. On the day the Germans thoroughly deserved their win but the disallowed Lampard goal would have made it a different game as Germany were able to hit us on the break - a tactic Loew had highlighted as the key to beating us . So Blatter should be tendering his resignation as well - this is the World Cup, the biggest Showcase for the global game, and the disallowance of Lampards goal and the awarding of Tevez's in the next game makes a mockery of the whole thing.

Some national pride is needed at tournaments like this. As we are generally inferior to continental players both individually and collectively, we need an english manager to try and gee the players up a bit. we rely on determination and hard work which comes from emotion and a togtherness that can on;y be generated by an english manager. Keegan would have turned Bechenbauers comments into ammo.

Some national pride is needed at tournaments like this. As we are generally inferior to continental players both individually and collectively, we need an english manager to try and gee the players up a bit. we rely on determination and hard work which comes from emotion and a togtherness that can on;y be generated by an english manager. Keegan would have turned Bechenbauers comments into ammo.

"Determination" and "Keegan" in the same post?! He'd have been on his own plane home when the second goal went in yesterday. There's a reason he was in the commentary box not the dugout. He had his crack at managing the national side. It didn't work out.

A motivator, English or otherwise, is not all we need to get us a national side worth having. We need to look at ways to close the talent gulf between English and foreign players, as well as finding a way to create some understanding of what it should mean to pull on an England shirt.

C**ts, the lost of them.

Maybe some good points............. but re the national anthem, lots of people don't sing it because of its nonsense sentiments.

If you don't agree with a monarchy "reigning over us", then it sticks in the throat a little. Sing it if you believe it, but some of us would like something a little less subservient.

Capello should go - he got the squad wrong, and the teams wrong, and the substitutions and tactics wrong. Anyone who consistently plays Heskey and rates SWP is unsuitable for the post of England Manager. On the day the Germans thoroughly deserved their win but the disallowed Lampard goal would have made it a different game as Germany were able to hit us on the break - a tactic Loew had highlighted as the key to beating us . So Blatter should be tendering his resignation as well - this is the World Cup, the biggest Showcase for the global game, and the disallowance of Lampards goal and the awarding of Tevez's in the next game makes a mockery of the whole thing.

Oh yes he got the squad wrong - numerous world class players lying on beaches

Get real the best English players were chosen but they were just not good enough

Not sure any Premier league players have been outstanding for other countries either

Edited by John B

Two penneth worth....

The flaw IMHO is in the the way we bring players up - its all about Power and Pace... as the Germans used to. After tehir crap showing in Euro 2000, they went back to the drawing board fearing a humiliation on home soil in 2006 (2002 they got a lucky route to the final but just because of that it did NOT stop their planned change) they started the 'Team 2006' program that pulled the best talent in the country together including more playesr of diverse ethinic mix and reoprganised their youth development - did not quite work fro 2006, where home advantage and the spirit Klinsman broaught to the side (parallels with what Maradonna has done for Argentina) saw they do OK, but nothing spectatular - but now you see 4 starters who played in the U21 side last year and beat England 4-0...

We still place two much emphasis on Pace and Strength in English players becauseis the top club sides combine those strengths with foreign technical skill and creativity - we simply do not coach creative skills - the ability to be comfortable on teh ball even when tightly marked is what seperates us from the GeErmans, Argentinians, Spanish, Dutch, even CHilli, and Uraguay and naturally Brazil - players happy to receive the ball when marked, and hold up or pass quickly means couple with the movement off the ball frees up space for others... not rocket science, but in teh Prem, the playesr who do that and are bought on big wages for foreign, leaving the English players to fullfil the 'spine' role - something that when up against teams that pass and move, simply falls apart.

NOw dont get me wrong, 7 ot of 10 time that England side would have beat that German side - more experience and pace and strength should beat that youthful inexperience - we saw signs of the German's inexperience when we clawe back to 2-1, yes it hould have been 2-2, but had we got through and won the game, we would ahve gone out to the Argies who play the same, but with more experience than the Germans and it woudl have masked teh cracks... in a way I wish that ball had NOT crossedthe line because it may stop us recognising that we ned to fundementally change the way we run teh national side...

1. NO such thing as friendlies - these are preparation games, anyone suddenly unfit or only prepared to play45 min should f**k off back to their clubs they obviously love more.

2. The Prem needs to accept the FA as the TRUE governing body, or go feck itself because they have contrbuted to this mess... young players bought from other clubs too early to sit on benches or tehn loaned out to clubs with which they have no affiliation, or play at a level where the coaching again does not encourage individual skills, or creativity.

3. Players need to take a long hard loo at themselves and decide what is more imporatnt, England or Club, if not prepared to put country first, they should feck off too - also why teh feck do we insiste on players players not fit - Rooney is simply not fit, ankle, or whatever, yet we play him having built him up as the talisman - the Germans were without 'theirs' in Ballack and even Rolfes - just get on with it and play fit players....

4. Lets feckin learn from the continentals and South Americans in there coaching and appraoch - but no we have the prem the most exciting league in the world - because it throws stupid money at players from around the world, some even picked to sit on the bench as a marketing excercise because they come from a lucrative froreign TV market... FFS

5. FIFA - Blatter should be ashamed, but goal line technology may have meant a different result yesterday and as young passing side succumbed to more experience - but it would have masked over all that is wrong

6. Let kids enjoy 7 a side ion small pitches - putting 10 year olds on full size pitches and 11 aside means many kids dont get a kick and need to hoof, let them run, pass and dribble and ENJOY it without coaches adn parents screaming rants on teh touch line... too much lat blossoming talent is lost through this stupid crap

7. Have to say, well done Germany, played as a TEAM. They looked at the drawing baord several years back and realised that the traddditional German style was no longer going to cut it in the modern game, where creativity and flair was highly valued and changed tehir cfootballing culture - yet we have the cheek to call them arogant!!! We think we have the best players, the best league, the best history, blah blah blah - our own arrogance and the premiership greed means we simply dont chnage or develop players who are a TEAM and ENJOY the experience of playing in the World Cup.

8. The Germans will probably go out to Argentina - no disgrace - and will have learned from teh experience and be a real force come Euro 2012 and Brazil 2014 - we now have the opportunity to look at what they did in 2000 and learn from it if we are not too arogant and build a side capable of winning the World Cup in 2018 on home soil (Blatter owes us) - If the FA accept that, the prem recognises the marketing potential of England actually winning something (its the only way those tw*ts will be supportive) we can do this - but the will has to to be their, rather than looking for excuses...

9. Oh and a winter break would be a good start

Everyone who started that game with the exceptance of maybe Milner and Defoe should be banned from playing for England for 3 competitive matches. For some, such as Lampard and Barry - a life ban is required for what has been a woeful world cup by their standards.

Over the 4 matches:

Green 2 - tw*t for USA incident

James 6 - not too bad, now he needs to make the sensible decision and pull AA's pants down

Johnson 4 - far too inconsistant for me

Terry 4 - was fairly average until that shower of sh*t against the Germans

King 7 - a good first half against USA but always injured ffs

Carragher 3 - diabolical, no pace, not good enough

Upson 5 - he did well against slovenia but was out of his depth yesterday. shows his ability IMO.

A Cole 6 - can't really fault him, but expected and needed more from him too...

Milner 7 - he played very well in the last 2 games - needs to stay in the team

Lennon 7 - capello is an absolute turd for thinking SWP is better than Lennon

SWP 2 - worst player in the squad. a car crash happening in front of your eyes.

Barry 3 - nowhere near the standard required. poor passing. no pace.

Lampard 3 - he seemed to put in no effort during the group games. better against germany but still a disgrace

Gerrard 6 - opposite to lampard, the danger player during the groups - well done stevie-g for huffing and puffing

J Cole 6 - looked dangerous but didn't have the time to prove it. "capello is an absolute turd for thinking SWP....."

Heskey 5 - he did his job, but we need goalscorers playing up front for England

Defoe 6 - can hold his head up high

Rooney 1 - the most shocking, outrageous performances ever seen to man. there's always 2014

Crouch 5 - didn't add anything new to the team

I think I would rate this post as 2 possibly 3 some of the ratings are quite bizzare

...and another thing. Much was made e in teh emdia that England wer man for man better than Germany? Better in what way? Strength? possibly, Paec.. no, technique...no, creativity? no, experience , yes.... salary at club, yup.... and again we like to call the Germans arogant -0 we need some fecking self awareness before we can put thi right.

Well said Chris Waddle, decent rant.

On reflection this morning, I would like to thank Germany for putting me out of the misery of having to watch England play any more in this tournament.

Maybe now I'll be able to sit back and enjoy some of the quality football that is being played by some of the other teams.

I dont get the Rooney bashing. He is like Gerrard playing in the wrong position and hence made ineffectual. Lampard was put where he wants to play and that basically f####d our best midfielder.We had no pace/energy in midfield with Barry and Lampard, in fact a lot of the time I thought Barry had the ball r was chasing when it was lampard. They were so static and lumbering around.

Heskey was the right sub against Slovenia, yesterday it was gross negligence, and to take off De Foe when you needed a goal. As for the 2 breakaways , even in the Forum game our players knew that you dont all go and stand on the edge of the penalty box bnut have players ready to stop a break away.

Tery and Upson were at fault for the first goal, but if you watch James he back peddles instead of coming to clear the ball , it would have been an easy pick up if he hadnt run back

If Rooney was on form then the whole outcome would have been different. Whenever he was passed the ball he wasn't in a position to do anything with it. His positioning was just abysmal. Upson and Terry just didn't work together well at all, although I rate both of them very highly. The blame for me lies souly with the manager.

WTF is the point of bringing SWP on with 6 minutes left to play? In just that decision he made a complete mockery of himself and England. Stuart Pearce for England Manager IMO. As much as I'd love Beckham to be - he just doesn't have the experience yet. Get him working very close to Pearce and we could be in business. We can't continue to play players just based on their reputation. Dawson should have been playing from the start IMO. He's played fantastically this season. Also knowing the formation 2 hours before the game seems entirely pointless to me. If I was playing a football match I'd want to know well before the game so I can plan ahead. I can't really lay the blame at any of the players for 'not performing' as I thought they all played really well (bar Rooney) - but just not as a team. Heskey needs to die. Has Capello not been informed that he is a Donkey and that Peter Crouch has the best goal to game ratio out of everyone in the England squad?