Area 51..

bowers-sfc

Thoughts?

Never really been interested, but today was just talking with family and now quite interested into what its all about?

any others read about this or anything? Im one of these people who wont really believe something like they say ( the rumours ) without hard truth.

If anyone has any good links to stuff about it, videos and stuff then please share.

I visited the place a few years ago. (Well, we got as close to it as we could....driving up to a sign warning you to go no further or lethal force will be used).

It's clearly a top secret military base. The alien stuff is good for tourism though.

Area 51 is so 1990s. It's all about the base to the south of Papoose Lake now apparently.

It's quite cool google earthing the areas to the southwest where the test site is. Some of those nuclear craters are massive....as they would be.

Ok aliens travelling through space for billions and billions of miles, arrive at Earth and crash..........nah

Well, of course they would. Think about it. If you're travelling faster than the speed of light then you can't see where you're going. What you see out of the windscreen is where you've already been. Doh ;)

Do you actually believe they were faked? lol

Dunno. There are a lot of pretty pictures, but on that basis, Krypton is real too. I saw stunningly detailed pictures from the surface. They even had their own Russell Crowe. Such an advanced civilization!

I do find it a bit odd, that in every field of human endeavour, we've iterated, refined and got a crapload better at it. Space travel would seem to be the exception. We were ace at it in the 1970s, but are crap now. Much like glam rock in that respect.

You could say the same for Air Travel though. We refined and got a crapload better at that with Concorde going to New York in 3 hours. Crap at that now.

Supersonic air-planes haven't gone away; it's just commercial operations have decided to refine in a different direction; from customer comforts to low weight planes like the Dreamliner or A350.

Also, we haven't stopped long-haul flights.

We don't go the moon no more. Shame. I was hoping to test another popular conspiracy theory, namely that it might be comprised of cheese.

Dunno. There are a lot of pretty pictures, but on that basis, Krypton is real too. I saw stunningly detailed pictures from the surface. They even had their own Russell Crowe. Such an advanced civilization!

I do find it a bit odd, that in every field of human endeavour, we've iterated, refined and got a crapload better at it. Space travel would seem to be the exception. We were ace at it in the 1970s, but are crap now. Much like glam rock in that respect.

I've been to Swindon but I don't want to go back there again.

We don't go to the moon for the same reasons - Why waste money on going back there? Alot of money just to land on a piece of rock. We explore other areas of space instead like sending a rover to Mars.

That's a very limited view of what can be achieved there. A scientific research station would have opened up all kinds of possibilities. The place could have been used as a springboard for further travel, or in any number of military applications. In short, I don't buy the moon as the useless lump of rock it was billed as.

That's a very limited view of what can be achieved there. A scientific research station would have opened up all kinds of possibilities. The place could have been used as a springboard for further travel, or in any number of military applications. In short, I don't buy the moon as the useless lump of rock it was billed as.

No, but it's very expensive to get there and difficult to support politically these days.

Supersonic air-planes haven't gone away; it's just commercial operations have decided to refine in a different direction; from customer comforts to low weight planes like the Dreamliner or A350.

Also, we haven't stopped long-haul flights.

We don't go the moon no more. Shame. I was hoping to test another popular conspiracy theory, namely that it might be comprised of cheese.

You know as well as I do that Messrs Wallace and Gromit tested that theory to destruction, or are you saying they never actually went to the moon and it was some kind of studio mock-up?

..in Bristol.

No, but it's very expensive to get there and difficult to support politically these days.

Its also down to the fact that we have explored near space and humans aren't much good for longer journeys to places like Mars. Unmanned rockets cope far better with long journeys and extreme tempratures. Technically it is isn't that difficult to go to the moon, but there is little to be gained and the costs are high. The Apollo programme was estimated to have cost $85bn, around $630bn at today's prices. Public opinion wouldn't wear it to that again.

Well you could lobby your Government to start funding a UK Moon landing project. Sounds like you'd be more than happy to meet the tax burden to enable it ;)

As a US tax payer I say **** the Moon...We've been there, done it and discovered the bulk of what can be discovered there.....On to bigger, better and more worthwhile things.

Area 51 is so 1990s. It's all about the base to the south of Papoose Lake now apparently.

It's quite cool google earthing the areas to the southwest where the test site is. Some of those nuclear craters are massive....as they would be.

Feck me, looking at this they done a lot of bomb tests

Thoughts?

Never really been interested, but today was just talking with family and now quite interested into what its all about?

any others read about this or anything? Im one of these people who wont really believe something like they say ( the rumours ) without hard truth.

If anyone has any good links to stuff about it, videos and stuff then please share.

do you mean Zone 51 ? It's a geographical zone in Nevada, known to be a base for state of the art and experimental technology.

As we all know about it you can bet your old boots that they're now up to about Zone 95. I mean recently we all found out (well some of you did) about electronic eavsdropping on a grand scale, everybody does it and you can be sure that what you know is just the tip of the iceberg.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Well you could lobby your Government to start funding a UK Moon landing project. Sounds like you'd be more than happy to meet the tax burden to enable it ;)

As a US tax payer I say **** the Moon...We've been there, done it and discovered the bulk of what can be discovered there.....On to bigger, better and more worthwhile things.

Thornhill.

I've stood on the precise spot, at Trinity, New Mexico, where the first atom bomb test was conducted. Quite a shallow crater (it was blown up from a high tower) and not even much evidence of the blast radius, but the Geiger counter clicked so fast that you heard more of a hum than a serious of pings. No one's allowed to stay there for more than a few minutes.

I've stood on the precise spot, at Trinity, New Mexico, where the first atom bomb test was conducted. Quite a shallow crater (it was blown up from a high tower) and not even much evidence of the blast radius, but the Geiger counter clicked so fast that you heard more of a hum than a serious of pings. No one's allowed to stay there for more than a few minutes.

First Saturday in April or October then ?

First Saturday in April or October then ?

Ah, I'm impressed - you know your US military open days. Actually, neither, because I was there with a pretty eminent American physicist, and we got what we thought was an exclusive VIP tour - until a bunch of Russian higher-ups floated down by helicopter, jumped out, quickly took photos of themselves and flew back off again.

Do you mean like this ???

http://bardofely.hubpages.com/hub/Barack-Obama-teleported-to-Mars-claim-by-Andrew-D-Basiago

:rolleyes:

Moonbase UK would fund itself, my colonial cousin. It's just a case of relocating Masters Football to the lunar surface and getting Sky Sports to front the space travel costs. Should be easy enough - the Lunar English Masters Premier League is an easy sell. Iain Dowie would be back in the game, a juggernaut in the lunar environment, capable of launching hapless defenders to Jupiter. Pahars would be scoring bullet headers from 5 metres up, while MLT would be performing 90mph bicycle kicks into the top corner WHILE EATING A F**KING PIE.

That's just a few examples from Saints. Jesus. You people just don't think big.

You know as well as I do that Messrs Wallace and Gromit tested that theory to destruction, or are you saying they never actually went to the moon and it was some kind of studio mock-up?

..in Bristol.

Lived here 12 years and know Bristol pretty well, would have thought I may have noticed a moon made of cheese?