"Pinstripe Nazis" drop into Dresden

pap

"A record 17,000 people have joined the latest in a string of demonstrations against Islam in Dresden, eastern Germany, celebrating the rise of their far-right populist movement by singing Christmas carols.

The march on Monday night was organised by Patriotic Europeans Against Islamisation of the West – a group that has grown rapidly since its first protest in October"

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/22/anti-islam-march-germany-sing-christmas-carols

Eek.

They never learn....

That's unfair. They're going after Muslims now.

The Germans have less of a problem with right wing 'send em home' anti immigration than the UK does. Dresden is the exception, not the rule.

Yeah, but they like to scrap with the Turks on a Friday night.

"A record 17,000 people have joined the latest in a string of demonstrations against Islam in Dresden, eastern Germany, celebrating the rise of their far-right populist movement by singing Christmas carols.

The march on Monday night was organised by Patriotic Europeans Against Islamisation of the West – a group that has grown rapidly since its first protest in October"

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/22/anti-islam-march-germany-sing-christmas-carols

Eek.

Hardly Nazis. I assume you're pleased that people are engaging in the political process and are not allowing themselves to follow the established political parties and their mainstream views?

Hardly Nazis. I assume you're pleased that people are engaging in the political process and are not allowing themselves to follow the established political parties and their mainstream views?

I didn't coin the term. Just thought it was suitably provocative for a thread title and perpetuated the ol' Pinstripe Nazi thing.

I find it interesting because we've had a few in this country bang on about Islamic extremism, normally shopping around the world to find the worst crimes committed of adherents of the Islamic faith.

Hypothetical question. If they were rallying against Jewish extremists, would they be Nazis then?

I didn't coin the term. Just thought it was suitably provocative for a thread title and perpetuated the ol' Pinstripe Nazi thing.

I find it interesting because we've had a few in this country bang on about Islamic extremism, normally shopping around the world to find the worst crimes committed of adherents of the Islamic faith.

Hypothetical question. If they were rallying against Jewish extremists, would they be Nazis then?

If all the circumstances were the same and you were just to replace Muslims with Jews, I would say they aren't Nazis. Would you?

If all the circumstances were the same and you were just to replace Muslims with Jews, I would say they aren't Nazis. Would you?

Far too wooly a statement for me to sign up to, guv. We're individualistic enough so that circumstances are subjective, and neither of us know the motives that are really driving the protestors.

The EDL was a great example of this. Was anyone ever convinced that they were genuinely concerned about Islamic extremism, or that their "corrective action" was even required? Aren't we furnishing the security services with oodles of cash so that they can protect us from exactly what the EDL purported to be concerned about? To this day, I'm still at a loss to what they could collectively achieve, except to antagonise Muslims.

Couple of points. First, I think we've treated Muslims disgracefully in the last thirteen years. I've seen all the racist arguments. "They don't think like us. They're not civilised. They'll never accept Western values." Those arguments are pretty much null and void when you look at the large Muslim influx in the 1950s, and they're not even new. People were saying that in the 1100s, perhaps with more justification.

If the modern day claims were remotely true, we'd have had a catalogue of Islamic extremism in the UK stretching back decades. We didn't, so I think we can safely assume that the vast majority of the 2.7m Muslims living in this country are capable of living their lives without blowing up all the infidels in their midst.

As it is, an entire faith has been demonised based on the actions of a relative few that say they were acting according to their interpretation of that faith, and Western expectations on Muslims are ridiculous. My personal favourite is when people expect all Muslims to apologise for an atrocity committed by another. It'd be like you having to explain to everyone that you're not Fred West all the time.

Edited by pap

omg what have we done to them? I dunno that English ppl generally give a f*ck what God other bros like. We're not like that, not in my experience!

Racial profiling, bin bags over the head before a quick trip to Gitmo, constant stories in the news positing Muslims as the other or Islamic extremists as the most dangerous thing ever, never really bothering to provide the context that is always lacking. No mainstream voice on genuine sores on the world, such as the Israeli occupation of Palestinian lands.

The media stuff in particular has enabled casual racism, usually manifested on Facebook.

Don't get me wrong, Bear. For all our faults, I think most of us are essentially decent people, but some aren't, and some are really thick. The latter end up getting convinced that just getting rid of all these Muslim folk is the answer.

Far too wooly a statement for me to sign up to, guv. We're individualistic enough so that circumstances are subjective, and neither of us know the motives that are really driving the protestors.

The EDL was a great example of this. Was anyone ever convinced that they were genuinely concerned about Islamic extremism, or that their "corrective action" was even required? Aren't we furnishing the security services with oodles of cash so that they can protect us from exactly what the EDL purported to be concerned about? To this day, I'm still at a loss to what they could collectively achieve, except to antagonise Muslims.

Couple of points. First, I think we've treated Muslims disgracefully in the last thirteen years. I've seen all the racist arguments. "They don't think like us. They're not civilised. They'll never accept Western values." Those arguments are pretty much null and void when you look at the large Muslim influx in the 1950s, and they're not even new. People were saying that in the 1100s, perhaps with more justification.

If the modern day claims were remotely true, we'd have had a catalogue of Islamic extremism in the UK stretching back decades. We didn't, so I think we can safely assume that the vast majority of the 2.7m Muslims living in this country are capable of living their lives without blowing up all the infidels in their midst.

As it is, an entire faith has been demonised based on the actions of a relative few that say they were acting according to their interpretation of that faith, and Western expectations on Muslims are ridiculous. My personal favourite is when people expect all Muslims to apologise for an atrocity committed by another. It'd be like you having to explain to everyone that you're not Fred West all the time.

I dunno, I think we're quite a tolerant bunch.

Muslim countries tend to let themselves down a bit though. For example in Saudi Arabia overtly worshiping any other god than Islam's risk arrest, imprisonment, lashing, deportation, and sometimes torture. Deciding you don't fancy being a muslim and would rather be Christian is an offence punishable by death.

omg what have we done to them? I dunno that English ppl generally give a f*ck what God other bros like. We're not like that, not in my experience!
I wouldn't quite agree with you there. Most of the developed, civilised world have moved on from following the ridiculous cults from thousands of years ago and their crazy ways, Islam unfortunately is still prospering and growing, there's no reason for it's growth in this country to be seen as a good thing.

Just answer your own question directly then if you don't like my answer.

More dissatisfaction than dislike.

Your answer was "they're not Nazis", but only if we rewrite all of history so that Jewish people end up in exactly the same place as where Muslim folk find themselves now, assuming of course, that these wide tracts of faith can actually be seen in that way.

As I said, meaningless.

Serious question

Who has carried out more harm to Muslims in the last 13 years. The west or other Muslims?

Not a loaded question, just wanted to know if there was a clear answer???

Lefties, don't read the following as you won't like it even though the link is from the BBC.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-30585783

Mr Todenhoefer said he was struck by their brutal zeal, and the scale of their ambition to carry out "religious cleansing"

and to expand their territory.

"Terrible to feel that people can be enthusiastic about killing hundreds of millions of people"

"There is an enthusiasm that I've never seen before in warzones," he said.

"They are so confident, so sure of themselves. At the beginning of this year, few people knew of IS. But now they have

conquered an area the size of the UK. This is a one per cent movement with the power of a nuclear bomb or a tsunami."

Don't forget how they treat any non IS women they kidnap as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Crikey, just catching up on this. I managed to miss this, despite being in Berlin on the 22nd. Scary stuff.

It seems a worry trend developing across Europe at the minute, these sort of 'Neo-Nazi's. I've heard of some scary stuff happening in Stockholm over the past few months. One colleague and his husband were hospitalised after a horrific attack by guys sporting Swastika's on their clothes, whilst another colleague was racially abused and literally chased out of a library with his very young daughter in tow.

Not to mention the rise of the far-right in France and various other countries. Worrying times. Though, Germany's response is wonderful.

You lot brought this on yourselves. The Race Relations Industry never allowed people to properly Understand or question different sects, groupings views or opinions. One week the West's TV would show Shia's bashing their own heads as they marched on the US Embassy in Iran and paint them as bad then the next the evil Sunni's cutting Aid workers heads off with a Swiss Army Knife.

So you get Extremists in Islam, why is everyone so "Horrified" that you get extremists in the West? The West allowed Extreme Islam to prosper by giving shelter to preachers of hate that were deemed too extreme even for the Wahabi's in Saudi or the Shia's in Iran and now you have a reaction?

Islamic Troops & Airmen are now fighting the extremists here? The UAE introduced Conscription (National Service) for every UAE Male - ostensibly for "Developing discipline, but in reality for the coming battles with ISIS and it's spin offs. The Jordanian Pilot? He's a Muslim, he was bombing Muslims.

The UAE & Egypt have been bombing Muslims in Libya of late.

To true Muslims, the extremists are just Nazi's. There is no difference both sets of Extremists have been spawned by Europe and the utter insanity of the Race Relations Industry that stopped anyone seeking to understand and simply labelled all "Muslims" the same back in the 70's.

Society gets what it deserved. The Pinstripe Nazis are right to stand up. Europe needs to understand that it IS under attack. You NEED to understand that you have to engage all sects of the EU now to fight the evil cancer of Extremism. Look at the nonsense of the Schools, look at the nonsense of the Child Abuse in Yorkshire.

There are evil Political Groups and there are Evil Muslims. In exactly the same way there are tolerant Westerners and Tolerant Muslims. Too much of the EU Politically Correct Career Workers stand in the way of helping you understand the true evil of the cancer of Extremism and simply label people racist.

The Nazis are morons, with much too wide reaching vision. They ARE right in the respect that Europe AND the World have a real problem. It's a shame that anyone who tries to point Culutural & Religious issues out gets labelled by Career Extremists.