Reading u21s V Saints u21s on TV tonight.

saint lard

Enjoyed that.. Hesketh was very good, looks to have bulked up a little since that Burnley game. Reed was his usual tenacious, energetic self. I was also very, very impressed with Josh Debayo, he is a real athlete - very powerful and full of pace.

I spoke to Bertrand briefly after the game and asked him how his injury was.. He said it felt fine, he was just f***ing knackered! Great to see him back.

Thought the youngsters looked a class apart. There's 3-4 players I think will definitely be giving RK something to think about in the coming years. Some nice goals too - especially Reed's - when was the last time we saw a central midfielder score?

That's the problem I don't think we will, it seems to be the trend of good premiership teams who are under pressure to give youth a chance.

Liverpool, Utd, City etc would rather buy than produce there own because of the demands from supporters, sponsors and chairmen.

This was the subject on Collymore (Talksport) tonight and how true it was.

That's the problem I don't think we will, it seems to be the trend of good premiership teams who are under pressure to give youth a chance.

Liverpool, Utd, City etc would rather buy than produce there own because of the demands from supporters, sponsors and chairmen.

This was the subject on Collymore (Talksport) tonight and how true it was.

would take liverpool out of that, a few have lately.........even if rodgers is a ****

Always enjoy watching the U21's - we often come up against teams with a lot of individual talent but as collectively as a unit they aren't as cohesive or refined around being a proper footballer and managing the game etc. We are clearly very well coached and trained and taught the fundamentals of the game which give them a good chance of competing in every game they play, even if as I said better individual talents.

I even quite liked the way we just played percentage football the moment we went 5-2 up. There was no desire to do anything other than see the game out and make the most of any opportunity on the break. Not that we sat back, but we just didn't take any risks going forward, and the moment any of their wide players came inside he was just hassled until he lost the ball or he was fouled. We're coached to be a very savvy team.

3 consecutive corners,all superbly delivered ......eventually lead to a goal.

2-1 saints.

Wish the first team could deliver a set piece like that regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All from the kind of terrible defending only Sunderland are likely to offer us in the Premier League.

Bloody ridiculous match, nothing resembling any kind of defensive coherence or ability on show - shows perfectly what happens when you don't get a unit together to organise them in professional football.

All action first half " played at 100mph " , but we settled down and took control in second half. Plenty of possession, and very creative.

Josh Sims had a good outing on left wing and all the midfielders looked good. Ryan Seager got hid goal, as did Sam McQueen - good prospects those two.

will Wood (only 19+) stood out well at CB and both full backs DAJFU ....with energy to spare.

MOM was Jake Hesketh.

Despite his lightweight frame...(can he weigh more than 10 stone?) had a great match and took both goals well, the second a screamer form the edge of the box.

He has a sort of " confident arrogance " that reminded me of the young Steve Williams (1976 model).

If he" muscles up " a bit , he'll be a handful - even if he remains a lightweight. Definite first team prospect.

All action first half " played at 100mph " , but we settled down and took control in second half. Plenty of possession, and very creative.

Josh Sims had a good outing on left wing and all the midfielders looked good. Ryan Seager got hid goal, as did Sam McQueen - good prospects those two.

will Wood (only 19+) stood out well at CB and both full backs DAJFU ....with energy to spare.

MOM was Jake Hesketh.

Despite his lightweight frame...(can he weigh more than 10 stone?) had a great match and took both goals well, the second a screamer form the edge of the box.

He has a sort of " confident arrogance " that reminded me of the young Steve Williams (1976 model).

If he" muscles up " a bit , he'll be a handful - even if he remains a lightweight. Definite first team prospect.

Yeah, I agree about hesketh, can't wait to see him in the first team. Bit of a Gerrard about him also I think

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk